Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #20: Reactive Dialogues and New Screenshots

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
When talking about IE games, you talk about real time with pause combat and nothing more.

And I thought the iso perspective was that other thing. Oh well.

GAME_Crusader_No_Regret.png

this is the game that was copied from a visual point of view after mid '90s.
So if we talk about isometric only, let's call all those games Crusader games. :)

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
this is the game that was copied from a visual point of view after mid '90s.
So if we talk about isometric only, let's call all those games Crusader games. :)

Ok, ok, but you are nitpicking here. After all, afaik all IE games had that perspective in common, didn't they? And Realms Beyond certainly must remind you of those games. Plus, I also mentioned the authors being inspired by IE games, so it's not all about gfx.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
They have cute screens (though different hues for light sources would be nice, play with saturation etc). I hope they also have great ambient sound.
Image waltzing though those locations with some shitty tune or in dead silence.

ikarinokami

Augur
I never truly enjoyed any IE game, but something is telling me, this will be the first. I backed the KS so hard, my wallet visibly winced, when I pulled out the $$$.

I think the main inspiration is TOEE as opposed to the IE games which is a good thing imo

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
UNBELIEVABLE! FEMALE PRONOUN! TEXTS MUST ONLY BE ADDRESSED TO MALES

*They used sometimes "he" and sometimes "she". The PC can be either anyway

You are right. That mean they are half-forgiven, and I only whip them and nothing more.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Eh I think devs told in Discord that they don't support multi-classing, but support prestige classes how the heck they will implement one without another is a mystery.
You are right. That mean they are half-forgiven, an I only whip them and nothing more.
They went for boobies angle here.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So they have this POWERFUL scripting system that allows checking for global variables. Mind = blown.

Seriously though, the update makes it sound a bit as if the scripting system was an amazing technical achievement in itself, opening up new possibilities in reactivity.

How reactive the game will turn out to be depends entirely how much time, creativity and effort they are willing to put into this. Each of those little scenarios has to be designed, written, implemented and debugged by hand.

We will see.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Okay I dove down their blog and found both good and bad things...

2cce404cedda4aefa5e528af6a34468d6504baca.jpeg
inv.jpg

Character UI and inventory need some work...

RB_Camping_01_highres-1024x576.jpg

They wen't for the same shit like Pathfinder, not sure how I feel about that... UI looks terrific here though

rb_wildlands_02_highres-1024x515.jpg

Happy they aren't going the Honk Honk! route but use an actual color palette instead...

ss_a90bbe0cdf97341381e701edd7a15cba06b9ee52.1920x1080.jpg

Loving the detailed environments and rustic interface

wxK6tRq.jpg

Lore dumps like these are everywhere though....

8KrjFxw.jpg

... and original ideas such as "The Cataclysm"
icon_rolleyes.gif

iE0x100.jpg

Finally I spotted this potentially huge piece of Incline I know some of us will love (Lilura)

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Seeing there was a new post makes me come while thinking there was a new update, what a disappointment :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom