Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #4: 50% Funded, Social Media Goals, World Map Stretch Goal

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Ceres Games; Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

A week after launch, the Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign is halfway towards its €100,000 funding goal. I'm told that there will be a new major Kickstarter update tomorrow, but in the meantime Ceres have published two "micro-updates". The first update announces the campaign's obligatory social media goals. If enough people follow on Twitter and like on Facebook, all backers will receive a digital art book and soundtrack. The second update announces the campaign's first stretch goal. At €105,000, Ceres will hire the Italian artist/cartographer Francesca Baerald (who is apparently known as one of the top mappers on DeviantArt) to create the game's world map.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's humble stuff, but I think in 2018 we know that's for the best.

• Brofist x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    I approve of this update.
    And those maps! Beautiful!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No DeviantArt groups in social media goals? Why?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. wtrboy Literate

wtrboy
    Parrots:
    Nice...not thrilling, but nice.

• nice nice x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Parrots:
    Maps look good. I appreciate maps that look like this:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Darth Canoli Learned

Darth Canoli
    Parrots:
    Seems too good to be true, oh well, i want to believe.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Why no Codex fundraiser for this one? Not enough people requested it?

• Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The Kickstarter campaign hasn't reached its base goal yet. We can't take people's money before that's guaranteed.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)