Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #7: Writing Team Stretch Goal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Casey Hollingshead; Ceres Games; Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen; Scott Hamm

Realms Beyond will be inching its way towards its funding goal for some time yet, but that hasn't stopped Ceres from announcing another stretch goal. This time it's a pretty great one. If the Kickstarter campaign raises €115,000, Ceres will hire the Codex's own Casey Hollingshead and Age of Decadence writer Scott Hamm to write for the game. Casey and Scott most recently distinguished themselves with their work on Battle Brothers.

In other news, Ceres have also added a new Digital Deluxe Edition reward tier. For €70, you can get everything from the €55 combat beta tier plus a bunch of digital goodies and an in-game portrait based on your photo. Remember though that two of those digital goodies will be free for everybody if Ceres reach their social media goals.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thats gotta hurt for Jarl, that another Codexian might get the job, but so it goes.

I didn't actually know that Age of Decadence, which was excellently written, had a writer other than Vince.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Realms Beyond will be inching its way towards its funding goal for some time yet, but that hasn't stopped Ceres from announcing another stretch goal. This time it's a pretty great one. If the Kickstarter campaign raises €115,000, Ceres will hire the Codex's own Casey Hollingshead and Age of Decadence writer Scott Hamm to write for the game.

Does anyone seriously believe this in the year 2018? I have seen not a single instance of a writer stretch goal result in anything substantial for the final product. At best you get the case of Ziets, Yohalem and MCA in something like TToN where they try to make the best out of a fundamentally bad situation, which for all their effort has failed to be something worth remembering.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sum of their parts, sum of their parts.

Generally I'd be more hopeful for young writers, they are hungrier and have a lot more to prove.

(Ofc if their writing is limited to item descriptions or single characters, the impact will be negligible)

grimace

Arcane
I believed that the foundation of a role playing game was the story into which you are thrust.

I don't understand how "writing" can be a hopeful stretch goal.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The foundation of a role playing game is the character sheet that I play, the sword that my character holds and the target that this sword is about to be thrust into.

Sometimes that target can have an interesting back-story and witty pre-combat banter, but the end result is the same: loot and XP.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Cant believe they are going for this faggy figurine look again. Its something a homosexual would like. Battle Brothers had great, addictive gameplay, but there are approaches you take when you have subpar artists and it triggers me: graphic novel-style intros (anyone can do it), pixel art (this also attracts hipsters), Battle Brothers-style figurines (expect a lot more of this!)...

Yeah post-KS era sucks...

Cant believe they are going for this faggy figurine look again. Its something a homosexual would like. Battle Brothers had great, addictive gameplay, but there are approaches you take when you have subpar artists and it triggers me: graphic novel-style intros (anyone can do it), pixel art (this also attracts hipsters), Battle Brothers-style figurines (expect a lot more of this!)...

Yeah post-KS era sucks...
Can't even tell if this is supposed to be a parody post or not.
Which is somewhat concerning in itself, probably.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom