Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent changes to forums

Tell me how you feel, your feelings are important to us

• I like the merged rpg forums

• I dislike the merged rpg forums

• I like the merged general gaming forums

• I dislike the merged general gaming forums

• GD forums should be merged too.

• GD forums should not be merged.

• I miss the cooking forum.

• I miss the sports forum.

• The space forum used to be good.

• Fire Infinitron

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So it would appear a rogue operative has made changes to the forums. What action should be taken?

Duraframe300

Arcane
In the future there shall be just one forum, its depths the legends of codexias people. There always be some who wander into the depths of codexias sub-forums in search of the most illusive legend of all. Codexias cookbook.

Yet few ever return.....

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I don't think infinitron should be fired. He can continue to spam all the news posts he wants that no one pays attention to (since the people who actually play the relevant games will just find out about anything new naturally and discuss said things like normal people regardless of whether a news post made by infinitron exists or not).

However I don't see why him spamming 25 news posts a day (he registered in 2011, has 74,684 posts, so that averages to about 25 posts a day, just think about that) should give him carte blanche to merge entire forums without any apparent rationale.

It really comes across like he simply has nothing better to do. And while I understand that it's suuuuuper funny to see the people who actually like using this forum to discuss video games get aggravated by how increasingly difficult it's becoming to do just that, enough is enough. Just fucking quit it. No one is asking for any of this so why is it being done. Fuck off.

Last edited:

Ebonsword

Arcane
I actually don't mind having all of the RPG discussion merged together since it's all RPG related. But combining all of the General Gaming/Strategy/Adventure stuff together seems silly because they're all such different genres.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
So what is the ultimate goal of all this? Care to share your vision with us Infinitron? Is there more merging to come?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Merged RPG forums is good, because I'm not going into the damn Bethesda forum just to read about the latest hilarious Fallout failure. I have some pride. Merged general gaming forums is bad since the good stuff gets buried by crap. Merged GD forums is bad for very obvious reasons.

I dislike change. Stop changing things.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like the merged rpg forums, but the moment sports forum was dissolved into GD you could notice how the general fitness thread declined in quality.
Revert please.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
RPG forums might as well stay merged because it used to be annoying to have to go down a stupid rabbit hole to find a relevant thread about something (and this is now more or less the state the rpg forum was in before the stupid fragmentarisation was put in anyway).

However, strategy, adventure etc forums need to be separated from general ASAP. This was a completely retarded change that has no basis whatsoever in any kind of convenience, and is in fact detrimental (many people have always said that strategy and adventure are corners of quality discussion usually frequented by people who know their shit, I'm sure it's gonna stay the same when you merge them with fucking gaming drama).

GD forums are good as they are and I miss sports. I don't particularly care about cooking but wouldn't have anything against bringing it back. I'm similarly ambivalent about spehs.

You don't have to fire Infinitron but he shouldn't have any competence above broadly-understood newsposting.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I assume merged rpg forums means that I can see all the posts from obsidian/larian/etc in the rpg discussion menu without going into those fora specifically, so I voted it is good.

General Gaming merge is an abomination. Strategy kinda got invaded by tards already (I blame firaxis), but adventure gaming was still high quality.

I don't personally miss sports forum (so I can't vote yes for that), but I don't like that people who do care about that sort of thing were deprived of it. Also removing it probably means those threads will show up elsewhere, which I dislike.

Merging GD forums is such a stupid idea I can only assume DU is making very elaborate kingcomrade options.

IMO

1. don't do things that increase participation/ease of use of GD/politics

2. do things that increase discussions about the games that deserve it and we want to promote; good rpgs, hidden gems, TBS, the classics etc.

that's it

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
inb4 Infinitron will move this thread to retardo land and merge ban everyone who voted for the last option.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The end game is Infinitron will merge with all of us.
end-of-infinitron.jpg

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I assume the by merged RPG forums you mean the current version with the developer subforums?I don't mind that,after all they are the same category of games(for the most part)but made but different companies so having them like this is fine by me.
The current general gaming forum/subforums is just stupid,too many different types all in one place,it's a mess.
I liked the sports forum but I realize it didn't have enough content to continue as an independent forum so it's ok as a subforum.
Don't care about cooking
Oh and the space forum is shit,just throw it out of the airlock

Last edited:

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
the problem i have with pseudo-subforums is that threads in those pseudo-subforums show up in the main forum too. that makes no sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom