Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended Morrowind mods?

Morrowind is best played vanilla. All mods look completely out of place IMO.

Project: Eternity
I'll add some more praise for Galsiah's leveling mod. It just feels right, you simply choose what skills you think your character should excel at and then never think about them again. It also slows down leveling speed a lot, which is good.

DraQ

Arcane
Mogar said:
1250097559_fullres.jpg

:rage:

Ohmywhathefuck this is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

The mesh is possibly a quality work, can't really tell without irreversibly destroying my eyesight, but the texture, details notwithstanding, is so horribly gay, that it hurts eyes even through a welding mask.

Also, say goodbye to the closet.

Clockwork Knight said:
Glass armor is already weird as hell so you might as well make it as alien as possible
It's not alien-ness. It's excessive faggotry.

some less gay glass armor then

Royal%20Glass%20Armor%2001.JPG
Yes, rainbow fucking coloured, less fucking gay, fucking great.

Droog White Smile said:
Morrowind is best played vanilla. All mods look completely out of place IMO.
Your face looks out of place.

There is multitude of mods fixing bugs and oversights or expanding the game in the most pedantically lore correct manner possible. Of course you have to be very picky about them, I've never seen a face replacer preserving the original look&feel, all texture replacers I've seen to date are gay, mods adding various stronger creatures and whatnot are invariably bad for lore, etc.
However, you can't go wrong with mods like WGI modular, Better bodies, Liztail's better beasts, TR, Polish quest mod Hagge, adamantium-netch armour, etc.
You just have to pick and choose a bit.

Mogar

Scholar
DraQ said:
Ohmywhathefuck this is the gayest thing I've ever seen.

The mesh is possibly a quality work, can't really tell without irreversibly destroying my eyesight, but the texture, details notwithstanding, is so horribly gay, that it hurts eyes even through a welding mask.

Also, say goodbye to the closet.

I knew I should have gone with the ebony instead. The helmet has a huge part to do with the homosexuality of it. Really though, this is nothing, nothing compared to some of the other stuff for Morrowind.

roll-a-die

Magister
Hey vivec is a hermaphrodite so technically it's not gay. (s)He also was having sex with the prince of RAPE.

Also creatures stays fairly correct. http://www.pirates.retreat.btinternet.c ... atures.htm

I prefer darker morrowind for my texture replacer.

Tamrial rebuilt is coming along great and should be releasing the third massive section of land in a few weeks.

Julan makes a good companion.
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Kateri.htm

Ehm that's all for now. I may post in this thread later. Right now I have someone to cut into and rearrange bits of.

Project: Eternity
I can't combine shaders in a chain in the graphics extender. Clicking preview chain just gives me an empty window and a "9000 fps" display. What gives? I'm on a ATI x1950.

Mackerel

Augur
^Don't worry about using Preview active chain, just test them in-game, the preview function sucks anyway.

I like Darknut's armor retextures myself. They are somewhat better than the originals without being too different.
glassamor1.jpg
glassamor2.jpg

Right, next batch.

Building Up Uvirith's Grave: Why is it that all the other Telvanni big wigs get towns around their towers, yet you get little better than a mushroom shed to go with Tel Uvirith? With this mod, you can start creating a Telvanni district of your own, bustling with activity. Expansions are built on your command, and as an added bonus involvement with the various guilds adds options to create structures for them as well. Some make more sense than others, of course (why would any Telvanni want a Mages Guild near their town).

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=5730

Rise of House Telvanni: Arch-Magister, and wondering what else there is to do? Start throwing House Telvanni's weight around, and show them you're not just a bunch of hermits. Are you annoyed that the Twin Lamps keep trying to free your slaves? Move to hunt them down. Mages Guild trying to regulate what you do? Go through political channels to have them removed, try to sabotage their operations...or just blow them all to hell. Remember, the Telvanni motto "If you get away with it, obviously your argument had more merit."

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=4449

Grow Your Own Telvanni Towers
: Or perhaps you'd to play with an even looser set of rules, and be a 'rogue' Telvanni, setting up a new tower wherever you damn well please. Of course the Council can't officially endorse your actions, but it would be also wrong for them to handle matters in Redoran or Hllalu lands, wouldn't it? A shame. (For examples of what you can do, scroll down to the comments section)

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2594

Havish: Want a Daggerfall inspired town, complete with Thieves, Fighters and Mages Guilds? Each with a number of non cookie-cutter quests? How about a banking system and gambling parlors?

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=706

More later.

Experimenting with Morrowind mods is like crack, but more addictive.

Fuck, I shouldn't have read this thread. I need to try some of these :cry:.

roll-a-die

Magister
I keep a blank copy of NWN and Morrowind installed for when I see thread like this.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Morrowind's world wasn't really designed with limitless view distance in mind, I find that using MGE to set it to 2x the game's default max looks best.

I've noticed that some people seem to enjoy spending days installing morrowind, its mods, getting all of their sanfran-looking armor and amateur-written quests working together.

And when it finally works for a couple of hours they quit and uninstall the game, only to repeat the whole process a year later.

Helton

Arcane
hoochimama said:
Morrowind's world wasn't really designed with limitless view distance in mind, I find that using MGE to set it to 2x the game's default max looks best.

I've noticed that some people seem to enjoy spending days installing morrowind, its mods, getting all of their sanfran-looking armor and amateur-written quests working together.

And when it finally works for a couple of hours they quit and uninstall the game, only to repeat the whole process a year later.

Yes very strange I notice it too. Mod paralysis or something. I load up Galsiah's, LGNPC, Morrowind Comes Alive, and whatever quest mods fit the faction I'm going for and get the shit moving. Add armor, house mods after the fact.

Stabwound

Arcane
hoochimama said:

Bwahaha, yeah, I mentioned that in the first post and that's exactly what I do.

By the way, what settings do you use in MGE to get 2x the default view distance but also keeping fog?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'm still installing tons of shit and trying to figure out a weird bug I have with setting MGE distance blur causing me to lock to 30fps cap.

hoochimama said:

p. much. Looking at the new things showing up in-game is more entertaining than playing it, it seems.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Freelance Henchman said:
Fuck, for some reason some meshes got screwed up somehow. Amethysts, daedroth claws and something else seems to be missing and I'm staring at a massive yellow FILE NOT FOUND replacement marker in the Balmora mage guild and some other places. Also some things don't have icons and show some dummy icon. Anyone know what the hell happened? I don't feel like reinstalling this.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Morrowind modding --- which taught me never to trust anything anybody associated with TES gives away for free.

I suggest you become intimately acquainted with these two utilities if you want to maintain yr sanity:

TESAME

Wrye Mash

And thus...again.

Seyda Neen Docks and Haldenshore: A combination mod that extends the Seyda Neen docks and buildings, as well as a adding a couple boats, while also melding a sister town called Haldenshore. Haldenshore was developed by the same guy who did Havish, and he did it in such a way that you can actually believe the two port towns were meant to be connected. Anyways, help form your own Thieves Guild, buy some parrying bracers, take advantage of a couple new travel options...

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... ail&id=390

Daedric Sorcery: Join a group that's researching how to personally summon the Daedra Lords, but watch your back. Each member has their own reasons for the search, and everyone wants to be the soul member remaining with this power at the end.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2844

To Serve Sithis
: Morag Tong not your preferred assassin's guild? Join the Dark Brotherhood, and show them how its done.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=6822

White Wolf of Lokken Mountain: Damn large quest, multiple companions, well-designed landscape and buildings, you can even get your own castle in the end.

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/lokken.htm

Upgradeable Shock Centurion
: Work with Baladas Demnevanni to turn your Centurion into something that isn't a slow, plodding paperweight you'll try to ditch shortly after getting it.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=7544

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
hoochimama said:
Putting too high a view distance actually crashes my game, as there is some error with cliff racer animations too far away. Think I've read to keep view distance less than 100. Unfortunate (and I couldn't get the mod to remove cliff racers to work).

DraQ

Arcane
hoochimama said:
But then there is little point to using MGE in the first place, especially that it prevents alttabing.

If you do use MGE, I recommend setting the view distance around 10-20 cells, but manually configuring the fog so that it starts much earlier, maybe tweak the view distances for meshes. This way you will have good range of sight, but most of the stuff will look distant.

Pliskin

Arbiter
DraQ said:
hoochimama said:
But then there is little point to using MGE in the first place, especially that it prevents alttabing.

It enables wide-screen support, and MWSE is integrated into MGE now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom