Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended Morrowind mods?

dr. one

Augur
Stabwound said:
What's the consensus on Morrowind Comes Alive? I tried installing it on my current "testing" game, and went to Seyda Need and got attacked by a random magic caster type and a thief thing. Does it plaster things like that everywhere?

use Starfires NPC Additions instead. much better mod.

also, here´s a screenshot from my relatively recent playthrough just for the heck of it:

2s8n03m.jpg

Radisshu

Prophet
I think I just permanently damaged my retina.

Why is it so ridiculously saturated?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why does that netch have such a gay texture?

Also the additional trees that are obviously added by a mod look out of place.

All these screenshots are so fuckin' gay. Gay ass shaders and bloom won't magically improve outdated visuals.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
dr. one said:
also, here´s a screenshot from my relatively recent playthrough just for the heck of it:
Congratulations, you managed to make Morrowind look even uglier and more eye-searing than Oblivion.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

dr. one

Augur
sorry for traumatizing you guys, it really looks good on my monitor and even better in motion, with trees and grass animated etc.
what i didn´t realize though is, my display device is in a coma for some time, thus my carefully engineered ini tweaks and other settings customized for it probably result in an outrageous viewing experience on healthy monitors.
or maybe not, but i´m going to play this card anyway.

now, please, concentrate on more pleasant things.

95602884-S.gif

DraQ

Arcane
Helton said:
Oh god the horror!
Mattresses said:
Radisshu said:
I think I just permanently damaged my retina.

Why is it so ridiculously saturated?
JarlFrank said:
Why does that netch have such a gay texture?

Also the additional trees that are obviously added by a mod look out of place.
This.

:rage: cking this.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
After seeing that screenshot from dr.one, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. It looks like Oblibion on crack!

The sunshaft shader is awesome, it's running quite well on my machine. I wasn't amazed by the standard depth of field in MGE, but it's a whole different story with the knx_dof shader. If added, you got some real DOF going on, looks pretty amazing if things sharpen up were you are looking. Much better than that disgusting distance blur.

I've noticed that Oblivion has a much better collection of mods available than Morrowind in virtually every subcategory of mods (not always necessarily more, but of higher quality). The only potentially good dungeon mod I found for Morrowind was:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=1125

Maybe, just maybe, also the first one made by the same guy. (There's also a mod that adds Privateer's Hold.)

roll-a-die

Magister
Yet there are more and better quest mods for morrowind.

The Underground, White Wolf of Loken Mountain, Julan Ashlander Companion, Annastia, Havish, horror mod, The Glory Road, Wizards Islands, Ald Vendras and Tamriel Rebuilt. All together they would add on around 150 hours to the game

I think I figured it out this is nomasks new way to troll.

Where is the FCOM of Morrowind? Where are the Unique Landscapes and Better Cities? Where are the dungeon mods? Where are the sound enhancement mods (the ones I found were either additions, so didn't affect the sound effects already in the game, resulting in huge incongruity of quality, or else were pure crap)?

Who cares about quest mods? They only break the balance you supposedly get when you use Galsiah's and Advanced Morrowind mods.

Tamriel Rebuilt is also for Oblivion.

Wist

Novice
Paula Tormeson IV said:
I've noticed that Oblivion has a much better collection of mods available than Morrowind in virtually every subcategory of mods (not always necessarily more, but of higher quality).

Well, vanilla Morrowind isn't as shit as Vanilla Oblivion, and so doesn't need as many mods to become fucking playable and decent. There may be more '500+Hour epic-uber-awesome quest mods' but that's probably because Morrowind doesn't effing need them.

Here, some "High-Quality" Oblivion mods:
IMG_0600.jpg

FSNsaber25.jpg

15617-1-1208538236.jpg

12612-1190407822.jpg

How is this fucking better? There may be mods like that for Morrowind as well but this kind of shit is in FAR greater abundance in Oblivion. On quest mods, there's also the fact that it's easier to create more complicated scripts in Oblivion then In Morrowind, which leads to the bigger quest mods.

Finally, on the lack of an FCOM style Total-Conversion for Morrowind: Who cares? It doesn't need those, because it's level scaling system isn't as fucking BROKEN as Oblivion's.

Luzur

Good Sir
only sexy mod i used in Morrowind was that Better body and that strip-bar/sleazy mod that added Suran nudie bars in every town and made the towns grittier.

Wist

Novice
EDIT: Damn nevermind.
Also where the fuck are the Morrowind and Daggerfall Avatars? We have one (Okay, one) avatar for Oblivion but none for the fucking decent TES games?
:decline:

roll-a-die

Magister
No Tamriel Rebuilt for OB stopped 4 months ago. For MW it's still moving swiftly. And has released enough landmass to fill 2/3 of vvardenfell

Big-mod 2.

Balmora Expanded, Suran Extended, Thrist Expanded, Molag Mar revisited, Rethan expansion, LGNPC, Building up uvriths grave, Ghost Gate revamped, Vos Expansion, do I need to go on.

Morrowind has enough unique landscapes.

Most quests for OB shatter the balance as well.

You know all those quest mods most of them feature dungeons. Also Greater Dwemer Ruins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom