Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommended Morrowind mods?

Luzur

Good Sir
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Luzur said:
Tamriel Rebuilt is also for Oblivion.

no, not exactly.

they are building Morrowind mainland for Morrowind.
Using the 'net is teh difficult.

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=download

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22401

Stirk is for Oblivion, if that is what you mean, the Hammerfell (Oblivion) project broke off from TR and is now lying dead somewhere i guess.

so the only Mod they are doing now is their age old Mainland Morrowind.

Wist said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
I've noticed that Oblivion has a much better collection of mods available than Morrowind in virtually every subcategory of mods (not always necessarily more, but of higher quality).

Well, vanilla Morrowind isn't as shit as Vanilla Oblivion, and so doesn't need as many mods to become fucking playable and decent. There may be more '500+Hour epic-uber-awesome quest mods' but that's probably because Morrowind doesn't effing need them.

[pictures of nude princess mods for Oblivion]

How is this fucking better? There may be mods like that for Morrowind as well but this kind of shit is in FAR greater abundance in Oblivion. There's also the fact that it's easier to create more complicated scripts in Oblivion then In Morrowind.

And who CARES about an FCOM style Total-Conversion for Morrowind? It doesn't need those, because it isn't as fucking BROKEN as Oblivion is.
^Manboon fails at relevance. Manboon level = average manboon.

Comment from nomask: You're reading too much into my comments. I didn't say Oblivion was better because it had more mods. I simply responded to someone asking for a dungeon replacer mod for Morrowind, something which would probably have to be an overhaul on the level of FCOM.

roll-a-die said:
Hmm why haven't you responded to me, nomask?
I just downloaded Darknuts mod, Volume 1. Apparently, that's all there is (no volume 2). I like the fact that it makes the last dungeon much bigger and, presumably, more challenging. Unless you continue to play after solving the main-quest, it doesn't break the balance, since there would be nothing to break. (If it's too difficult, I'll explore the two Tamriel Rebuilt areas first.)

roll-a-die

Magister
It also has Mayr Amanth and Arktwend, the only complete total conversions for either game. Only in German with a crappy translation of Arktwend floating around.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Hey Wist, I was laughing out loud when I saw those screenshots.

You know, the "Quality" Oblivion mods.

@Overweight Manatee, your screens look really nice. Did I understand right that you use the Morrowind Graphics Extender (MGE)?

Sorry lost a bit track of Morrowind mods. I think I will install again and try it out myself.

Back in thes days my favorite mods were Acheron's Camping Gear (because it has a portable tent and chest), and Sris Alchemy because I would spend most of my time making potions anyway.

Ah, and Herbalism, you could grow plants and harvest from them later.

Stabwound

Arcane
Stabwound said:
After reading through the "Morrowind As Above So Below" thread I got the urge to go on the biennial week long adventure of installing/modding Morrowind so I can play it for a few days and not touch it again.
And that's exactly what happened. :lol:

Wist

Novice
I recommend anyone who's still using that Better Heads mod to uninstall that obsolete POS and get this:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ter-title/

The only meh thing about the mod are some hairstyles, though I don't hate them and they don't look out of place. It's amazing though, staying very true to the vanilla heads while managing to look great as well.

There's even a Hi-Res version of some elven heads to boot, so you can still keep the meshes if you want. It's a WIP however, and only the Orcs, High-Elves Bretons and Nords have been completed.

I've encountered at least two tiny creatures, Harpy and Swamp Imp (or some such), which were added by Morrowind Advanced, but I doubt they're supposed to be tiny. Googling Morrowind Harpy brings this image:

Morrowind_Harpies.jpg

The harpy I saw was exactly like that, except ridiculously small.

What could be the problem?

So perhaps MA used old grapix. The name of the monster was harpy, and it was ridiculously small. To be honest, it was so small I'm not sure it looked exactly like those harpies (it's a picture from the "Harpies" mod).

MA also added a "Red Warrior Dragon", which I thought was kind of small. (Larger than my character, but it still gave the impression of being too small.)

Fortunately, they were easy to remove from the leveled lists by using the TES editor. (They were annoying anyway. The reason I'm using Morrowind Advanced is that it generally makes rare armor pieces rarer.)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROSA HOW ABOUT YOU NOT BE TOTAL DOOSHBAFGS AND PUT YOUR POPAMOLE BULLSHIT IN GENERAL GAMING IT IS RETARDS LIKE YOU THAT RUIN THIS FORUM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom