Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Record of Agarest War Mariage, the only good Agarest game coming to PC "early 2019"

deuxhero

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/353270/announcements/detail/1708449632674807856

The Hero who wields the Ciel Blade will save the world from destruction... We are excited to announce that Record of Agarest™ War Mariage, originally released for the PSP™, will be arriving on Steam® early 2019! The Steam version will also include English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese subtitles.

About the Game

Agarest begins with a hero, who at birth, was given a difficult task in defeating the Archdemon. The society revolves around the mythos of Yiris, the Larva commonly known as the Sacred Princess, who blessed the world and fell in love with a human. Martyred for her love, she was then punished by the heavenly creator. The Archdemon arrived soon after, and Yiris’ lover pledged to destroy the evil Archdemon with the infamous Ciel Blade, a sword of rainbow.

A Hero, or Chosen One, is trusted to produce an heir that can at last put an end to the Archdemon once and for all.

Key Features

True Love Waits - Begin the story as the first generation protagonist Rain, where players will have the chance to choose from various bachelorettes. The story's path will change depending on the girl you choose! The story extends through two generations with each new protagonist inheriting stats and abilities from their parents.

Up-Close and Personal - The Unification System allows players to unlock special interactive CGs when reaching a certain Heart Level with your love interest. The higher the Heart Levels, the more intimate the experience! Earn your partner’s trust for your chance to inspect your partner’s pleasure spots that will ultimately unlock new abilities and weapons!

Class Is In Session - Assign your party members as an Attacker, Defender, Healer, or Supporter. Choose to upgrade a specific class for your character to unlock multiple strategic opportunities!

Custom Kawaii Outfits For All - Craft various outfits for your party members by using items picked up from enemy forces and the local shop! Check yourself out in a 360 degree viewable gallery!

*More information and store page coming soon!

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I remember trying to play these games. The writing is on par with that of an infant!

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Nah. I couldn't stomach the writing in Agarest at all. I had to put the games down. I made a mistake thinking they got better over time, but it isn't the case.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Did they improve the writing? I don't need MCA levels of writing. I would be happy with high school teen romance levels of writing compared to kinder level writing of the previous games.

Shadenuat

Arcane
idea factory makes shit tier waifus (and also, of less importance, games)
Sherufanir :shittydog:
Awoooo :shittydog::shittydog:

Judging from steam page, the nice isometric combat with linking system was changed for some banal 3d FF-like. And art style from cartoony but still familiar fantasy to total Moe.

Doesn't look good at all.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just met main antagonist(i think) for first time. He did usual villain's stuff - "you are not worth my time, my servant is more than enough to deal with you". And... it's true. My characters have 800-900 hp and my cleric heals single character for ~300, that fucking thing is fast, hits me for 500+ with single target attacks, counters almost everything with 500+ more and has skill which hits everyone for 600+. Oh, and he's not glass cannon either.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Finished first generation. People on steam are complaining about crashes but i never had any technical problem, only that game for some reason don't save sound options and i have to lower music volume each time i launch game. But translation is really low efforts. Lots of typos. And by "lots" i mean LOTS.
Had to lower difficulty to normal in the middle of first generation. I'm too old for all this rape. Finished all previous Agarest games on hard from first playthrough and they were easier.
What i really liked is that they did not just killed hero offscreen between generations like in previous games. He got small vn-style interlude about his short but happy family life and epic last stand.:salute:
It's time for his daughter to finish Hero's job - gather lesbian harem!

AgentofFury

Novice
I'm enjoying it so far. Normal is pretty difficult. The different Roles make for some interesting party-build strategies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom