Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

orcinator

Liturgist
Looks like just another open world TPS but with 1000 minigames that try to distract you from the shallow gameplay.

"realistic horse balls"

Please release the game already so I can buy $10000 worth of shark coins.

Abhay

Augur
The previews do mention a couple of interesting things but so did the GTA V previews. Some of the previewers put rockstar to such a high pedestal that they have already declared RDR 2 as the best open world ever made.
When it comes to Rockstar I prefer to ignore the previews for the actual opinions that follows after the release, since (2008 onwards) the previews have never proved to be the true representative of the actual game.
Anyways I don;t own a console, so I am on a waiting mode for the PC version.
Hopefully this game will offer a healthy single player game than GTA V's disappointing single player.

Big No

Novice
I'll probably get it on sale at some point, sure as hell not buying it new. Judging by the previews it sounds like it's going to go the same route GTA V did: A few weeks of SP attention and then multiplayer gets drenched in recycled content with SP being ignored like it's the bulbonic plague. Not going through that shit again.

Ash

Arcane
The singleplayer was just as shit as the multiplayer anyway. Who cares that it didn't receive as much attention post-release? Toss the junk in the trash. That would include throwing Rockstar in there too.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Goodluck waiting 5 to 6 years for a modest sale, considering how often GTA V has been on sale and how huge this shit will be.
I'll probably get it on sale at some point, sure as hell not buying it new. Judging by the previews it sounds like it's going to go the same route GTA V did: A few weeks of SP attention and then multiplayer gets drenched in recycled content with SP being ignored like it's the bulbonic plague. Not going through that shit again.

Big No

Novice
I'm interested in the single player portion since I enjoyed the first RDR quite a bit. GTA V suffered because of the Online portion dominating Rockstar's attention and their need to milk it at every opportunity. It looks as though RDR 2 will follow suit. So yes, I'm willing to wait quite a bit for a sale unless RDR 2 actually gets some proper content post release and they don't shove microtransactions in my face.

The more I hear about the little details of this game the more I imagine how fucked Bethesda's gonna be when it comes time for their next Elder Scrolls or whatever. This seems to be aiming to fill the same space a lot of these pseudo RPG action games with immersive open worlds fall into, but this one is from a studio with money to burn and they ain't afraid to burn it. I'm guessing the laundry list of what people are going to expected out of open world games is gonna start looking pretty ridiculous a couple years out from now.

Looks like just another open world TPS but with 1000 minigames that try to distract you from the shallow gameplay.

"realistic horse balls"

Please release the game already so I can buy $10000 worth of shark coins.

If nothing else it's been funny to see the excitement over dynamic horse balls from outlets that act like moving breast in video games is an affront unto the lord. Even funnier how that I'm seeing Epic profusely apologizing for bouncing boobs as Rockstar shows off balls.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
WTH is this 26th shit (a Friday)? Don't games come out on Tuesdays?

In any case, probably pretty well for me as I have an anal probe on the 22nd (colonoscopy) and I should be done shitting myself by the 26th. :)

Zep--

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You kid yourself. The hype alone will sell millions of elder crolls copies. It will never sell as much as a Rockstar game but it will still blow every other rpg out of the market.
The more I hear about the little details of this game the more I imagine how fucked Bethesda's gonna be when it comes time for their next Elder Scrolls or whatever. This seems to be aiming to fill the same space a lot of these pseudo RPG action games with immersive open worlds fall into, but this one is from a studio with money to burn and they ain't afraid to burn it. I'm guessing the laundry list of what people are going to expected out of open world games is gonna start looking pretty ridiculous a couple years out from now.

If nothing else it's been funny to see the excitement over dynamic horse balls from outlets that act like moving breast in video games is an affront unto the lord. Even funnier how that I'm seeing Epic profusely apologizing for bouncing boobs as Rockstar shows off balls.

newtmonkey

Arcane
lolz this is for real

there is literally no difference between the animal fuckers modding skyrim, the developers of RDR2, and the game reviewers

next time some fucking game reviewer or developer calls you toxic or a manbaby or whatever, remember that they are FUCKING OBSESSED with horse balls, this is the kind of people we are dealing with

imagine you come home from your job, working a 12 hour shift machining holes into substrate with master level precision, you have been doing this 15 fucking years and no one does it better than you, all you want to do is relax at home for a couple hours in front of your PC or console and enjoy the game you spent $60 on, meanwhile your twitter is alight with game reviewers and developers going on an on and on about your privilege while focusing all of there attention and energy on LITERAL HORSE BALLS like a fucking zoophile, this is gaming in the year of our lord 2018 AD

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I'm going to get this Day One no doubt. That's a month away.

But between this release next month and Soul's Inspired Shadows Die Twice (I think I read late March),

Anything good I can be hopeful for between Oct. and late March?

I was thinking of picking up Monster Hunter World...but after reading the thread here, it sounds too difficult about what I believe is entertainment. G's LGs HGs, HFGs, FGs LFGS LBGTQHGS...WTF? I had no idea after page 2 or 3 wtf the idiots there were talking about.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom