Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Sentinel

Arcane
Why would anyone enter a thread for a shit game?

Swigen

Arbiter
Why would anyone play this shit game?

Play this game? Lemme tell you why anyone would wanna play this gaem! This game has it all, shoot-outs, robbery, random encounters, dynamic horse balls. You can be mean in camp! You can fish with the boys and also play poker with the boys! You can get washed by a woman and you can maek clothes! And I didn’t even tell you about the one hit cigarettes. Picture this, you want a smoke, you take out a smoke, you light a smoke, you take one drag of that smoke and then you throw it on the ground! AMAZING! If you enjoy drinkin’, smokin’, gamblin’, cussin’, huntin’ and developing a deep bond with yore horse by way of grooming, treats and positive reinforcement, than you NEED to get Red Dead Redemption 2, I just know you’ll love it!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
If you enjoy drinkin’, smokin’, gamblin’, cussin’, huntin’ and developing a deep bond with yore horse by way of grooming, treats and positive reinforcement, than you NEED to get Red Dead Redemption 2, I just know you’ll love it!

What about whoring?

Swigen

Arbiter
If you enjoy drinkin’, smokin’, gamblin’, cussin’, huntin’ and developing a deep bond with yore horse by way of grooming, treats and positive reinforcement, than you NEED to get Red Dead Redemption 2, I just know you’ll love it!

What about whoring?

om-cruise-war-of-the-worlds-sad.gif

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Arthur is a gentleman in that regard. However, Molly is not his only love interest in the game. It's really bittersweet.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Got this game with my PS4 Pro and sold it after 8h or so. Boring as f#ck, terrible controls, basic animations taking forever. Be careful before buying.

I played GTA5 on a friend's PS4 and thought it controlled like crap, but the PC version controls fine.

GloomFrost

Arcane

What about whoring?

om-cruise-war-of-the-worlds-sad.gif
OMG!!!! I just realized that you cant buy a hooker or have sex in the most wild west game ever. Decline!!!

Swigen

Arbiter

What about whoring?
OMG!!!! I just realized that you cant buy a hooker or have sex in the most wild west game ever. Decline!!!

Wait! WAIT!! JUST WAIT!! Listen, Arthur can have a woman wash him in the bath of a hotel and when he’s getting washed the woman washes his inner thigh for liek 2 seconds and it kinda looks like she’s jackin’ him off. Kinda.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Can I please have the first game and not this politicized, woke piece-of-shit walking sim for neutered, depressed, middle-aged cucks?

Ezekiel

Arcane
Might play it now. I sold my PS4 copy after like four hours because of Rockstar's godawful controller aiming. It's trash even for controllers, so bad that I felt forced to use Soft Lock Auto Aim. I don't even remember the original RDR having such bad sensitivity. Having the run button on Shift will also be way better than trying to use the face button (run) and the right stick at the same time, which is important because Rockstar makes walking the default speed (which I dislike). I can't remember exactly how running slowly worked in RDR2, but my character slowed to a walk too often. I really wish Rockstar did a combat system again that was quick and responsive. I don't see the appeal of controlling people so out of shape. It's not like there haven't been westerns with agile heroes (or antiheroes).

I also like the part earlier in the gunfight (not shown here) where Robert Redford runs and shoots. I remember almost every animation in RDR2 feeling so heavy.

Sentinel

Arcane
You'll never slow to a walk while in combat. All you need to do if in a fight is press X once to change running speed from walking - > running. If you want to sprint real fast you must tap X.

Rockstar has never made a "quick and responsive" combat system. In their most lauded games like GTA 3 - VC - SA trilogy, it was clunky as fuck even back then. You couldn't even move and shoot at the same time (and it was also forced auto aim).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom