Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Think you need to just press LMB and the meter will start filling at the bottom right.

Are you talking during duels? I am talking outside of duels. When I press LMB (or hold it), the only thing that happens is he raises his right hand a little bit and balls it into a fist and then puts it down again. Nothing else. Maybe you need to progress to some level of story or Dead Eye level before it works?

Sentinel

Arcane
Think you need to just press LMB and the meter will start filling at the bottom right.

Are you talking during duels? I am talking outside of duels. When I press LMB (or hold it), the only thing that happens is he raises his right hand a little bit and balls it into a fist and then puts it down again. Nothing else. Maybe you need to progress to some level of story or Dead Eye level before it works?
Fast Draw works from the get go, so no you don't need to progress to any point. My suggestion was just a hunch based on ps4 controls.

I saw someone on Reddit post about this since my post here. Apparently the LMB thing might work, but only if you are aiming with RMB at a qualifying NPC first. That's why it didn't work in regular space. The controls are so effing contextual.

Sentinel

Arcane
That's not true on consoles so idk. But on consoles punch and shoot are different hotkeys as well so I have no idea how it might be done on PC.

Ivan

Arcane

try drawing your weapon then pressing LMB

That just does a regular shoot from hip sequence. It's fast, but hard to hit anything with accuracy, unless you spray all 6 shots in their area. I am talking about a special fast draw, where time slows down and you can do dead-eye type thing but while quick drawing from holster.

ADL

Prophet
Anyone playing Red Dead Online? I’m having much more fun with it than with Story Mode (but I played the story already).
Yeah I'm playing it and it's fun. Make sure you get bounty hunter license through Twitch Prime if you have it (pretty sure Rockstar Support will refund your gold bars if you bought it already).

Sentinel

Arcane
PC folks might find this useful
https://www.game-debate.com/news/27...nt-graphics-options-every-setting-benchmarked

_id1573060917_343178.png

Sentinel

Arcane
You don't really need AA as much with today's high resolutions. MSAA is a very outdated AA method anyway. TAA/FXAA wth some GPU driver-level sharpening produce the best results for 0 fps loss.

Mortmal

Arcane
mion.faireal.net/BES/
Launched that and -3% cpu limit on RDR2 process , no more crashes anymore ever. Now i can finally enjoy the rpg of the year.

Anyone playing Red Dead Online? I’m having much more fun with it than with Story Mode (but I played the story already).
Yeah I'm playing it and it's fun. Make sure you get bounty hunter license through Twitch Prime if you have it (pretty sure Rockstar Support will refund your gold bars if you bought it already).

Can I do a trial account or something, and just claim it like that?

I'm a trader for now since I really like hunting, and I feel even though I got free gibs from Ultimate Edition (not free in this case, but well). 50 Gold Bars from Rockstar Launcher preorder helps too.

Also how does playing with friends work? Maybe we'll be able to form a Codexian posse. It's an RPG after all. You have levels and XP, and branching story with C&C :balanced:

I laughed out loud hard, when the RDO's story said, that your silent protagonist character was wrongfully accused of murder, but couldn't say anything to his defense :lol:

Mortmal

Arcane
If Prey can be RPG of the year, why can't this game I say
because underrail expeditions and disco elysium exist
Expedition is just a dlc of an already overrated game, disco elysium is an improved telltales game with much better writing. RDR2 offers a lot more content , considerably more content, choices and consequences, guns with stats you can customize and modify at will, and some clothes add stats too. If disco qualify as rpg , this one clearly do too.
this year i'd put in the top 3 disco, RDR2 and queen wish

Quick-draw feels console-centric. I guess when you are using console controls, having the ability to auto-aim in slo-mo is useful, but on the PC, you can just RMB, LMB, and manually shoot down 2 dudes in the head super fast in free aim, even with cocking the hammer in between. And it doesn't feel like cheating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom