Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You don't really need AA as much with today's high resolutions. MSAA is a very outdated AA method anyway. TAA/FXAA wth some GPU driver-level sharpening produce the best results for 0 fps loss.

TAA/FXAA can look like total shit though. It depends on the game. Sometimes they're blur city (Resident Evil 2, Rage 2) and sometimes they look alright (Outer Worlds). Either way it's never anywhere near a replacement for MSAA or SSAA, which look a million times better.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Anyone figured out how to quick-draw on PC, outside of duels? On consoles, you have to lightly depress the draw button, but you can't do this on keyboard/mouse. I can't find anything online, did they just ditch the whole feature for PCs? That would be pretty retarded.

Also, the control scheme in this game is beyond retarded in general. Why is every action "hold down" button instead of just press? And why do they constantly change based on context? It feels more like a QTE sequence than gameplay half the time. Press Q now, no E this time, now hold down W, nope tap V... Why????? Hope mods can fix this shit.

I also hate how everything changes in camp. Movement speed, can't take out or use weapons, and other stuff. Is the camp some kind of a time space anomaly which has its own physics laws or something? Who came up with this shit and why?

Breath of the Wild was so much better in this regard: you get dropped off into the world and are free to do whatever, everything follows the same basic rules and laws, the UI and the world are constant in their general aspects, and you can just "play". RDR2 feels like a forced movie so far with real shitty pseudo-gameplay.

That feeling when playing fucking game from Rockstar feels more complicated than operating F-14 for DCS from Heatblur while being woodcutter...

rmpj39gkzry11.jpg

qdgagaglgk621.png

ADL

Prophet
After the first patches. I have no problems any more. The world is really beautiful.
This seems to be a recurring theme. Once it starts running, it's perfect. It's just the launcher causing problems and even that seems to be rare now after a couple patches.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
I had many issues with launching this game, but it got fixed after I updated the BIOS for some reason.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
After the first patches. I have no problems any more. The world is really beautiful.
I have all the patches because the launcher updates automatically, still won't start. In fact there was another update an hour ago.

Mortmal

Arcane
This seems to be a recurring theme. Once it starts running, it's perfect. It's just the launcher causing problems and even that seems to be rare now after a couple patches.
Not just the launcher, I5 problem still not fixed, and people need to update their bios to make it works, best way to brick your system, alo why not reinstalling windows to get the latest version while we are on it... So it's unstable on many machines, games not cracked and you are forced to buy so far . Really i think i wont bother with those AAA tiles on PC anymore next gen and just get them on a console.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
And the Steam release will be the same mess, sense the game has to launch through rockstar's client anyway.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I got the launcher to work by updating my new card's drivers. Now I'm having the low fps drama.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I got the launcher to work by updating my new card's drivers. Now I'm having the low fps drama.

What settings are you using? According to pretty much every tech site anything above "medium" is basically meant for future PCs, like Crysis back in the day.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I should have said stuttering, its not low fps that's my problem. I'm averaging 40, with highest above 70 fps. At least that's what the benchmark told me.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I should have said stuttering, its not low fps that's my problem. I'm averaging 40, with highest above 70 fps. At least that's what the benchmark told me.

Don't know your specs but I watched the Digital Foundry analysis earlier today and I remember him saying 4 core processors or less than 6GB of VRAM can cause stuttering on certain settings. Just an FYI.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I have 8 gigs and 4 cores, so I am confused, but the launcher bug was solvable, so this might be as well.

I'm going to have to wait, its unplayable like this, and there's no solution at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
reminds me of the plazas in San juan

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom