Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Sentinel

Arcane
Damn that looks fucking great. Mind sharing what pieces you're wearing?

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I'd have to boot up my PS4 to get the individual names, but you can get pretty much the entire outfit at the tailor in Saint Denis. It's the French dress shirt or something like that in white, then there are two vests with that type of embroidery, I think this one is the paisley vest, some random expensive striped pants and whatever shoes. Oh, and you need to bring a perfect sheep hide to the trapper for the coat.

Alternatively and if you feel edgy, you can basically do the same outfit in black.

d6zcte980fx11.png

Same vest, some random black shirt, some random black pants, but you need to kill the legendary panther for the cloak, which is significantly more work than dunking on a sheep.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I never shaved or cut Arthur's hair either, just for the hell of it. It looked awful by the end of the game. Arthur the hobo. :lol:
Long haired arthur with clean shaven cut from the barber is best looking arthur. He looks a bit like Seigfried from Soul calibur.

Adon

Arcane
Arthur with long hair and a long beard can look great, codexers just don't know shit about style.

lip9r7xgttw11.jpg

Damn, you got me beat. You're pretty good.

EjaY1fs.jpg

But yeah, I'd say you can make Arthur look good with most hair/beard styles.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I finished the epilogue today...it has some subjective and few objective flaws, but it is a masterpiece.

Some shots from epilogue

DunMDG5XcAUgvZ7.jpg:large

DunL9YRWwAELzsZ.jpg:large

DunL2SIXgAAHGyH.jpg:large

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Great (and funny) analysis of RDR2's linear mission design:

I'm just going off the title here, but yeah, I don't think many will disagree with this. I like RDR2 a lot, but it won me over with its characters, setting and general vibe. The only thing I remember about most missions are the cutscenes surrounding them.

Sentinel

Arcane

I'm just going off the title here, but yeah, I don't think many will disagree with this. I like RDR2 a lot, but it won me over with its characters, setting and general vibe. The only thing I remember about most missions are the cutscenes surrounding them.

Really? I remember the indian horse charge on the oil thingy, the bank robbery where shit goes south, the mission where pinkertons invade camp, american venom, jim milton rides again, red dead redemption just off the top of my head. I liked a lot of the missions.

Paul_cz

Arcane
There are actually lof of great, fun missions - most of them - but at the same time Rockstar does devolve many missions into mass shootouts to the point where it becomes predictable and missions are tightly scripted.

I can excuse that because the game is so strong in so many areas (and again, the missions are still engaging and enjoyable anyway) but I would definitely love if there were less scripts and more freedom, more options for stealth etc.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Really? I remember the indian horse charge on the oil thingy, the bank robbery where shit goes south, the mission where pinkertons invade camp, american venom, jim milton rides again, red dead redemption just off the top of my head. I liked a lot of the missions.

I remember those mission too, just not for the gameplay. Basically all memorable missions have really good character moments or developments, (RDR, Jim Milton, St. Denis bank robbery, getting shitfaced with Lenny) and/or are shot really well and are oozing atmosphere (oil company raid, Braithwaithe mansion shootout, some of the chapter 5 stuff). All in all I like those missions, some I even really like, but the basic gameplay design ideas and very rigid scripting take them down a notch.
Remember the mission where you chase Mary's brother on horseback? You need to capture him alive, but the climax takes place on some railroad tracks, which means that a) the game won't let you catch up to him before you reach the location b) it's impossible to lasso the kid and shooting his horse results in a game over.
And I don't think that the gameplay sucks elephant dick or anything like that, it's at least servicable while being a bit clunky. I get that it's hard to come up with neat mission ideas for a game set in the wild west, but so many of them revert back to shooting a bunch of dudes or are weirdly limited and that's really noticeable since the game is not only set in 1899, but is also 1899 years long.

It's still easily the best AAA game I have played this year.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I'm in the 2nd Epilogue, there's really nothing going on. Not much to do unless you are a completionest collection whore, which I am not.

Time to put this one on the shelf until I decided to replay it again.

Zep--

Abhay

Augur

Loved watching it. Really good analysis. Absolutely spot on. Even the open world isn't as free as their past games. Their (modern) open worlds are also restrictive in many ways that the story missions make the player feel the same.

Also, I think I know why certain features don't make sense or really don't matter in terms of story progression simply because these systems are mainly introduced for the multiplayer. Its like just added to fit in the single player campaign in irord to get those features into the game. Had there been no multiplayer then I guess they would have made them a lot complex, and interesting as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom