Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Keep in mind there were tons of RDR 1 rumours too.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Keep in mind there were tons of RDR 1 rumours too.
I think the reason they didn't make that in the end was that the RDR1 codebase was going to cost them too much to tidy up and rework for the PC port, or something like that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think the reason they didn't make that in the end was that the RDR1 codebase was going to cost them too much to tidy up and rework for the PC port, or something like that.

Yeah, and it would have been super time intensive at the same time they were crunching on GTA5 and shuffling studios I believe. There's really zero reason not to put RDR2 on PC, it would sell a ton and they ported all their other games. RDR1 is just gonna end up a weird exception, which is a shame.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah, and it would have been super time intensive at the same time they were crunching on GTA5 and shuffling studios I believe. There's really zero reason not to put RDR2 on PC, it would sell a ton and they ported all their other games. RDR1 is just gonna end up a weird exception, which is a shame.
Most importantly, it would add revenue to the online mode from the PC audience.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
RDR1 code was a barely working mess, there was a big change mid-production. They would've needed to rewrite everything for PC.

AwesomeButton

Patron
RDR1 code was a barely working mess, there was a big change mid-production. They would've needed to rewrite everything for PC.
This argument against an RDR1 port may be especially strong in light of how GTA IV's port turned out - which was barely playable on release, CPU hog, and took a year to patch stuttering.

So there is good evidence RDR1 was an exception in other words.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
It's getting two soundtrack CDs - one with the songs performed by artists, and another with the instrumentals written by Woody Jackson. And surprise, the latter isn't just a rip off from the game, they're actually completely re arranged and the sound quality is superb. 3 are out now.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
They wouldn't breathe a word about that until the new consoles reveal this December.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It's getting two soundtrack CDs - one with the songs performed by artists, and another with the instrumentals written by Woody Jackson. And surprise, the latter isn't just a rip off from the game, they're actually completely re arranged and the sound quality is superb. 3 are out now.

That's great news! I've been listening to YouTube rips of in-game rips while driving, it's a simply superb soundtrack.

And they better include all camp songs!

Sentinel

Arcane
Red Dead Online is a flop on consoles, though.

Source? I’d be interested in that.

Still, so did GTA Online establish itself over a long time I think.
The only source that exists contradicts him.

oEQnITv.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
RDR online hasn't been as successful monetary wise as GTA Online, but that should be expected given both franchises.

I didn't play any of these online modes, but I can imagine, that modern setting also lends itself better to just goofing around and buying shit with RMT money.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
RDR online hasn't been as successful monetary wise as GTA Online, but that should be expected given both franchises.

I didn't play any of these online modes, but I can imagine, that modern setting also lends itself better for just goofing around and buying shit with RMT money.
"Tuning my whip, yo!"

BTW, imagine a mod where you can develop an actual addiction to alcohol: "-20% accuracy when not drunk / +5% accuracy when drunk". The roleplaying possibilities

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
BTW, imagine a mod where you can develop an actual addiction to alcohol: "-20% accuracy when not drunk / +5% accuracy when drunk". The roleplaying possibilities
https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/Drinking+Habit
Drinking Habit is a Drinking Perk in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Under the influence of alcohol, your hand will shake 25% less and your Bow skill is higher by +2, but when sober your hand will shake 25% more.
https://kingdomcomedeliverance.gamepedia.com/Alcoholic
Alcoholic is a type of debuff in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

You're an alcoholic and look and behave like one. Your Strength, Agility, Vitality, Speech and Charisma are reduced by -3. The only cure is lengthy abstinence or Hair o' the Dog potion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom