Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who is fabulously optimistic now, fuckers?

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ta...es-donald-trump-on-mass-shootings-51565036122
Take-Two Crushes Earnings Expectations. CEO Criticizes Trump On Mass Shooting Comments

By
Tae Kim
Aug. 5, 2019 4:15 pm ET

Take-Two Interactive (ticker: TTWO) reported June quarter adjusted revenuethat handily beat the Wall Street estimate and also raised guidance versus consensus for the current quarter.

The numbers. Late Monday, the game publisher reported adjusted revenue (or “net bookings”) of $422 million for the fiscal first quarter, versus the Wall Street consensus estimate of $357 million, according to FactSet.

The company also posted non-GAAP per-share earnings of 27 cents for the quarter, surpassing the average analyst estimate of 4 cents.

Take-Two’s adjusted revenue guidance for its September quarter also beat expectations, with a range from $860 million to $910 million, compared with the $852 million consensus.

“Fiscal 2020 is off to a terrific start with first quarter operating results that beat our expectations,” Take-Two Chief Executive Strauss Zelnick said in the news release.

Take-Two also gave a fiscal 2020 adjusted revenue forecast range of $2.6 billion to $2.7 billion, versus its prior range of $2.5 billion to $2.6 billion.

During a phone interview, Zelnick said the company saw strength across the board in its core game franchises for the quarter. Grand Theft Auto Online revenue was up year-over-year, which was not the company’s expectation going into the June quarter, he added. The executive said Red Dead Online is also “gaining momentum.”

When asked about comments from Republican politicians and President Trump, citing violent videogames as a one of the drivers for the mass shootings, Zelnick told Barron’s, “We’re just sickened and saddened by these senseless tragedies. That said, blaming entertainment is irresponsible. Moreover, it is highly disrespectful to the victims and their families. The fact is entertainment is consumed world-wide...but gun violence is uniquely American. So we need to address the real issues.”

Take-Two shares closed down 5.2% during the regular session on Monday.

Looking ahead. The company will hold a conference call for investors and analysts starting at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time Monday.

In May, Barron’s said Take-Two made some of highest quality games in the industry and suggested its shares may rally once investors get visibility on the timing of the next Grand Theft Auto game.

Sentinel

Arcane
And yet Take-Two are still going to force Rockstar into quicker development times for quick shovelware change.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been playing offline poker listening to this yesterday. All of it is pretty great:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Pretty disappointing soundtrack, with many great tracks missing and others sounding different from ingame versions.

Just like with Witcher 3, ingame ripped soundtrack is the way to go.

Silva

Arcane
Is this the most overrated game ever?

I've got it on a PS4 sale and while the illusion of it's open-world longs for the first handful hours, it's pretty fun. But as soon as you get to the second camp and is swimming in money, the open-world becomes unnecessary, innocuous. From this point on there's no point in engaging it at all, and the game becomes a linear chain of quests where you follow someone's ass most of the time, then some shootout begins and you win or die and reload until succeed.

What's bizarre is that the open-world actually has come interesting mechanics in place, like bounties, plausible NPC reactions, dynamic dialogues, etc. Also, the characters from your band are actually well made (protag included). They are relatable and interesting in a way most games are not. So how come the devs transform all that potential in a linear boring Storyfag game is beyond me.

Tl;dr: most overrated game ever for me. Even Skyrim is better than this.

Last edited:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I'll be surprised if this get's a PC port anytime soon.

Those cunts are so deep in demonic crunch for GTA6 that they'll be stockpiling body bags soon.

GTAV still doesn't have a ps4 pro or xbox X patch destipe the fact those versions of the game still haven't left top 10 charts since it's release like 5 years ago.(!)

passerby

Arcane
Isn't the best use of refresh consoles hardware is to play original, but in 60fps anyway ?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
It's capped at 30.

The better hardware smoothed out the framerate and framepacing slightly but they never got proper support for the machines or their capabiliities.

Disgusting frankly, considering the millions upons millions of copies sold and the gambling mechanics they put into the online. Awful company.

passerby

Arcane
It's capped at 30. The better hardware smoothed out the framerate and framepacing slightly but they never got proper support for the machines or their capabiliities.

Disgusting frankly, considering the millions upons millions of copies sold and the gambling mechanics they put into the online. Awful company.

Disgusting indeed, at the very least they should have uncap it. It's not like the engine is built around the cap, like in GTA3, VC, SA days, since PC version doesn't have the cap.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Those cunts are so deep in demonic crunch for GTA6 that they'll be stockpiling body bags soon.

Do you expect GTA6 to be released in a similar fashion as GTA5 (for the current gen and then again for the next gen)?

Silva

Arcane
Can you bang prostitutes yet?
Your mom is not in the game.

36c38e6e1ab9023adfef5c53082c2b84638e6f7f_hq.gif

:troll:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

Do you expect GTA6 to be released in a similar fashion as GTA5 (for the current gen and then again for the next gen)?

PS5 is rumoured to be back compatible.

Rockstar/take two will find a way of getting people to double dip though (A story DLC exclusive to the next gen maybe)

Sentinel

Arcane
Rockstar has had a launcher for fucking ever. Their games were even cheaper on their store. They just overhauled it now.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Can't wait to see all the bitching and whining when RDR2 is exclusive to this launcher. :lol:

what? gta 5 is already exclusive to rockstar launcher, even if you have it on steam you have to launch via rockstar........same with pretty much every ubisoft game.

I wish the game didn't suck dick. The map is absolutely incredible, it's massive, beautiful and detailed, everything I wanted in a wild-west game, but the gameplay itself is like pulling teeth. Rockstar excels at being realistic through taking the worst parts of reality and putting it into their games while forgetting about the fun parts. Railroading in this game's missions was insane. Some video summed it up really well with some stealth mission where everyone I know including myself tried to sneak on to the unguarded roof and go through a window right next to the objective but that either didn't do anything or immediately failed the mission because "Arthur was caught" or some worthless reason that's not actually true and is covering for the fact the entire experience is on-rails. Lock-on aiming made the combat braindead, the weapons all act the same as the others besides shotguns and the projectile weapons. Your cores are constantly draining (Honestly surprised there's not a bodily waste core), your guns are constantly saddled on your horse and not on your person, cutscenes automatically unequip your weapons so even though your constantly spamming the unholster button to keep the fucking gun you want in Arthur's hands it's still fucking on your horse and you get shot to death since you only have access to your shitty, dirty, broken pistols. Oh and of course even though the game is """realistic""" Arthur is still mowing down dozens of enemies a mission while tanking hundreds of bullets. And we're supposed to feel bad when he gets TB. Bro just regenerate your health!!!! Next game, make a mission realistic by just giving you an objective and you can accomplish it any way you want. Make the character die in 2-3 bullets, don't make random weapons disappear from your inventory because you forgot them in your car or whatever bullshit retards will shout "TECHNOLOGY" at. One adds to the gameplay, tone of the game, and feeling you get while playing it and experiencing the story. The other is a worthless fucking annoyance that wastes time. If you're worried about ruined cinematic chase sequences that every R* game has by the dozens, just give them a pathing route that either has a hard end or loops. Let the player participate if they want, or circumvent the traditional strategy if they want. Not that difficult.

I will buy on PC only if it runs decently (it won't), and has a robust roleplaying community on the RDO equivalent of RAGEMP. which won't be available for several years I'm betting. Roleplaying in GTA O was actually really fun and fleshed out, not much janky script fuckery or nonwhites like in GTA:SA. The community is cool as long as you don't fuck with power-tripping, power gaming "gang leaders" or "police chiefs". Thankfully, it looks like R* is putting in the needed basic assets such as the killer-hunter-seller job trinity as well as houses (datamining shows housing slots and values, so it's coming eventually).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
what? gta 5 is already exclusive to rockstar launcher, even if you have it on steam you have to launch via rockstar........same with pretty much every ubisoft game.

People bitch and whine about that stuff but not enough to fuel my fire. I want to see it actually exclusive to their launcher store, to reach peak butthurt whining.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom