Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

REDACTED [CYOA]

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Aug 30, 2015.

1. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    root has made cowards of you 2B-ers.

He's been giving us time in seconds, we clearly don't have any to waste. I think if we go 2B, CI3 is certainly lost. I'm not seeing a huge advantage in going option 2 at all. Due to physical proximity, if the hasty encryption fails, CI4 can probably still save 5 and 6 with OTP. Still, some caution is advised, so lets keep them offline for now.

Option 1 could very well buy us the time needed for virus to be dealt with or even for OTP encryption to be enacted after the fact.

1B

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hey, you're alive.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jim the Dinosaur Arcane

Jim the Dinosaur

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Jester Arbiter

Jester
  5. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  6. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    I've been flip-floppin' in my head between 1 and 2 since the beginning, and I keep coming back to a few textual pros and cons:

Pro-1: They targetted and damaged the q-core on purpose, so they must be afraid of our cryptographic might, should we choose to employ it.
    Pro-2: However they might've left it partially operational on purpose, knowing we'd think of the above, but also knowing that a q-core running at less than optimal efficiency wouldn't be enough to stop Flenser, thus knowing we'd be wasting our time.
    Pro-2: CIs 1 and 2 also have q-cores, maybe even undamaged ones, so we'd be risking a <50% chance of success if they support Flenser.
    Pro-2: The virus has been hinted as not being as crude as we'd like, so the whole idea seems doomed to fail.
    Pro-1: Regardless of all that, there's not nearly as much reason to rush 2 as there is 1, since we could probably resolve all of 1 before the pads even leave the premises of CI4.
    Pro-2: Dongs

As you can see, the last argument tips the scales decisively.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Picking the "right" option every time gets boring.

Take a risk and lets watch some interesting stuff happens.

#Team1B

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    q-core, just as a macrodiagnostics tool, seems to belong to the whole system, rather than to individual CIs.

It's not like CI1 and CI2 were in on the scheme. What I assume happened is that Flenser infected certain systems, caused a crash to some and structural damage to others, and forced a reactivation of CIs. The fiorst two tried to access contaminated systems and got compromised. We could have easily been in their place.

So I am not sure that the q-core was left operational on purpose. It is more likely that Flenser tried to destroy it to the best of its abilities so that we couldn't interfere with its actions.

I am uneasy with 1B because I am not certain what we would be buying time for. For the Nexus to descend from the digital heavens and bring justice upon the infidels? It is this dependency on external help that makes me turn the option down.

^ Top  
  9. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    The Nexus helps those who help themselves.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It give us time to gather information, hell possibly even to get OTP encryption out.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    2A

^ Top  
  12. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    That's what I was thinking.

Run interference .. THEN send out the OTP

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    You could say we have nothing... tuluse.

:yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Tally (open)
    Flunklesnarkin 1A
    Baltika9 2B
    Grimgravy 2A
    Excommunicator 1A
    Nevill 2B
    Azira 2B
    asxetos 2B
    lightbane 2B
    Kz3r0 2B
    oscar 2B
    Reject_666_6 2B
    hello friend 2B
    archaen 2A
    Random Word 2B
    tuluse 1B
    Jester 2B
    Kipeci 1B
    Storyfag 2A
    Elfberserker 2B

1A - 2
    1B - 2
    2B - 12
    2A - 3

Not at all jonesing for an update.:M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    Root hurry this shit up, both the pace of updates and the pace of development. Right now it reminds me of the dialogue at the beginning of adventure games, where you have to cycle through the same 5-6 text choices before you can progress.

Also, I assume we're running something newer than Windows 95, so we can multitask more. The Exuberant Angels were regularly faced with 2-3 choices per update, we should be getting in on some of that clusterfucky action - we'll have more shit to debate.

^ Top  
  17. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    I also want black jack and hookers in the next update; or at least a robot who espouses for their inclusion in any endeavor.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I've probably missed it, but what is our prime directive.

^ Top  
  19. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    1. Lets risk it.
    A + C.

B i think we should avoid because if we succeed, the other CIs will be very upset that we did it without the parent node's order.
    D i have no clue. Might swing either way.
    E will be bad because when we manage to get out the virus will already be dominant.

^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    2D

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Interesting.

Am I to assume that we can expect some improvements to our situation once the OTP pad arrives? What systems would we be able to access that can help us survive? Is stalling the enemy of any use to us? I suspect one thing might improve drastically, and that's our communication with CI4. Anything else?

Anything with C and D sounds like a decent plan, though D would be harder to explain to other cores. Still, I like its cunning.

Since we are expecting a distress signal upon our discovery and have tons of weaponry at our disposal to carry out the directive, I suppose the ITZ of varying proportions to be involved.

There are at least 3 other cores and we have locked the rogue ones out of the system. It might not be that bad.

^ Top  
  22. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    A,B,C,E

I don't think sending out a scout at this stage is a wise decision as even if the scout detects something you wouldn't be able to respond and the enemy might detect the scout and trace it back to your location. Better to work on defenses first and rigging collapses for a worst case scenario while trying to bring a few walkers online.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Is E a plan for a "worst case scenario", or is it a pre-emptive measure to bury ourselves under a pile of rubble and thus prevent the rogues from getting to us?

Also, I am not sure how B would be compatible to C, seeing how the former demands our undivided attention.

^ Top  
  24. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    It said "rig for collapse" so i assumed it meant just prepare to set it off if need be.

If root actually means bury yourself now then it'd be a bad idea.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    A
    C

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)