Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

REDACTED [CYOA]

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    1AC or 2D, but not both, whichever has a chance to win.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on the skimmer though. I am afraid we are being too carreful, and that might not be a good thing in our situation. What's the worst that can happen to us if it gets shot down or hijacked? Is is worse than what happens if the enemies get the drop on us while we are blind?

root, what are the potential consequences of having the scout compromised? Wrong intel? Revealing ourselves? Something worse? Do we have a channel with it through which we can be hacked?

If it's just giving the intel to enemy, then using the skimmer might be bad in case of surprise moves (B, D, maybe E?), but more direct measures would not be affected much by it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    ^ Top  
  2. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Query: Can we still try to access the archive?

Not sure if it would be wise to divert our attention to it regardless.

Query: You mentioned we 'blink'. I assume this is some form of teleportation. What is the limit? Presumably we could not just teleport to CI4, but if we collapse some parts of the complex, could we or the corrupted CIs still move through obstructions?

^ Top  
  3. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1BD

Everything is a long shot at this point. CI3 is most probably lost. It's done it's job, saving the rest from infection. Any troops fielded will be outfielded by the infected CIs having up to twice the computational capacity. Overloaded generators and collapsed tunnels help defenses, but leaves CI3 isolated and without any significant attack capabilities. Will the OTP even be able to reach us if all entry is blocked off? Completely shut off from the outside, CI3 represents less of a threat. This might give CIs 1 and 2 the breathing room to prepare for reprisal from CIs 4 thru 6.

CI3 is probably lost. Fucking infected shit up must be top priority, to give CIs 4-6 time and maximum advantage.

Option D buys some time for option B without compromising offensive capabilities.

^ Top  
  4. GreyViper Arbiter

GreyViper
  5. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Changed my vote to 1AC. The drawbacks of utilizing the skimmer don't look too awful.

^ Top  
  7. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I see no real downside to being unable to mount an attack. Soon enough we'll have 3 more CIs online with full systems and be able to simply over power our foes.

All we need do is hold out long enough.

Also, I think bringing the natives into this is a horrible idea. Don't you fools watch star trek? This never works out.

So I vote: 1AE

Let's get some eyes up so we have some idea what's happening. Maybe flenser is biding its time and most of these actions are overly hasty and will only hamper our long term effectiveness.

Then let's take the option we know will give us time and will cause the last long term harm, rigging the tunnels.

Finally, systems can be rebuilt, CIs cannot (I assume). So let's make sure CI3 is recoverable.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

^ Top  
  8. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    1A

I am also considering D, but I have not finished considering it

^ Top  
  9. Jester Arbiter

Jester
  10. Random Word Arbiter Patron

Random Word
    MCA Project: Eternity
    OMG. We're Necrons. We have Gauss Rifles, Monoliths, Scarabs, and our technology glows green. We even have reanimation protocols!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    1A

^ Top  
  12. Storyfag Arcane Patron

Storyfag
    2B

^ Top  
  13. Ranselknulf Arcane Patron

Ranselknulf
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    1A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    2B

^ Top  
  15. Excommunicator Arcane

Excommunicator
    I like to thoroughly observe something before reacting to it, especially when existing knowledge about their behaviour is extremely limited

I also like to have practical capabilities over theoretical ones.

Voting 2 & B

^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    2A

^ Top  
  17. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Our systems seemed to be programmed to gain information about the natives. So lets follow that lead and gather some intel.

I agree with Excommunicator on the second issue.

2B

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    :rpgcodex:

1A

^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Are those Tau and Guardsmen?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  22. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    So we're Necrons after all, the old school ones to be specific. What a shame, I was looking forward to a TA's CYOA. Anyway, that makes clear what our Prime Directive is: :killitwithfire::killitwithfire:
    However, there's no need to rush. 2B. We can learn more about the natives before their inevitable extermination.:M

^ Top  
  23. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    2B.
    We have overloaded the generators to bring the WAUs up from stasis. Maintenance is in order.

^ Top  
  24. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    2A

We need to finally figure out what is going on.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)