Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

spekkio

Arcane
Option 1 please.
Other choices are simply gay.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Option 2. Unless it's Cleve captaining the sub, then Option 1 is the logical choice.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:x

VERDAMNT! Only now do I see the folly of not piloting an 18-metre sub down a 20 metre passage!

Since the Kreigsmarine knows where we are, jamming the submarine in is the most fitting and XTREME solution. Even if the submarine is irrevocably damaged, the next sub will be able to make use of the opening we leave!

anus_pounder

Arcane
Unless the door is so strong it rips the hull in half, essentially creating a second layer of obstacle to dig through. (the door then the debris)

Nay, I say sacrifice the 4 for the greater good.

2!!!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
We simply can't risk the whole vessel just because of the possibility of saving a few lives.
Nein, we must continue and accept the choice we have already made.
These men are disposable, they will not die in vain.
We must be brave and honorable.
Option 2

ElectricOtter

Yay, more updates. Voting 1. They got the coordinates, they can get that damn door open.

ElectricOtter

#2. Let's make sure we know what's around here before diving deeper.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
4. Let us not forget JarlFrank was chosen for his übermensch [Perception]. If there was anything down here, our underwater MG-42's will take care of it.

In light of Cassidys information that we did not bring MG-42's, I'm changing my vote to option 2

Noone calls me an üntermensch! Option 1 it is!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I always clear ze current floor first and establish all ways into ze area.
We don't want any... surprises, now do we?
And besides, we want to find an exit too, just in case.
Option 2.

1) Follow through the incredibly big and spiraling ramp downwards into the unknown, seeking the visible but faint light at the bottom of the chasm.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hmm
I suspect that the light will go out if we wait too long.
But we just can't rush into something without knowing the surrounding area.
If someone lay forward a good argument I may reconsider my vote.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
root said:
Cassidy said:
Just one thing: it is an exploratory expedition, not a war operation. They are carrying only Luger pistols and two MP40s.

fuck that, this is r'lyeh, not even a thousand browning .50 MHBs would put a dent on a shoggoth, let's die like men, and the next expedition will know it's dangerous.

plus come on stop being such pussies, the manly choice is either go down or taunt the shoggoth. nobody wants to taunt a shoggoth? it's been my dream since childhood.
While the very thought of taunting an unknown enemy that probably would kill everyone easily, I don't think that one should think so lightly of spending lives.
We still have a chance, we just need to find a way out so that we can fully explore this strange place.

On one hand, we've come here to find something of value. Chickening out halfway would be a shame and a waste, but we might end up with no way out and, more importantly, somewhat dead.
On the other hand, if we get out now, we may have a chance of exploring this later, with a better supplied, equipped - and armed - team. But the way back in may also close once/if we exit.
...On the third hand, the outcomes can be quite arbitrary and fuck you up no matter how you reason and what you do...

So, Option 1 it is. We aren't ubermensch for nothing. :salute:

SoupNazi

I'm going to join in and say that option 1 is truly the only one worthy of übermensch. Only cowards, jews and gypsies would hesitate!!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Option 1.
Down, down into the depths.

What are we, üntermensch?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Excellent point. Flip-flopped again, and may the spirit of Cleve guide us to glory for Der Reich

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom