Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Zwist

Learned
A
AHI
E
F

Tigranes

Arcane
A
FJK
F
C

Let's go for the trader route in this one, or we'll end up playing the same CYOAs all day.

Cassidy

Arcane
Just finished counting the votes. BTW on the skills the character will have the three most voted options. In case of a draw in the third place, I'd take the discretion of choosing among the two or more equally voted ones which will go, but there was no draw.

1)

Male: 22

Female: 1

2)

A) Combat skills: 13
I) Scouting, tracking etc: 9
F) Trading, literacy and basics of foreign languages: 8

B) Strategy and tactics: 7
C) Horse taming and riding: 1
D) Smithing: 3
E) Sailing: 7
G) Foraging, cooking, etc: 6
H) Thievery: 1
J) Social skills: 7
K) Administrative skills: 3

3)

A) No supernatural weakness to the sun: 5

B) No hunger and thirst: 1
C) Popamole health regen: 3
D) Temporal powers: 1
E) Darkvision: 3
F) Unnatural empathy: 3
G) Speak with animals: 2
H) Immunity to ghosts and resilience against the supernatural: 0
I) Miracle healing: 0
J) Sixth sense: 3

4)

C) Thousand-yard stare: 7

A) Nothing different: 2
B) Paler: 1
D) Bald: 0
E) One-eyed: 6
F) Unable to make shit unless he joins Bioware: 5

Update coming soon.

Baltika9

Arcane
A. We are here, o we should take advantage. Besides, with our skills in trading, maybe we'll negotiate for some women and expand the population.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This sounds suspiciously like a homoerotic foray into unknown lands...
I say we strike out, we need to find other human beings, even if they are savages with heathen tongues. We picked the trader/tongues spec for a reason after all.
B

oscar

Arcane
We do sort of need females and more than three people.

Cassidy

Arcane
We do sort of need females and more than three people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_assimilation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiculturalism

Choices and consequences...

:M

However, just as a forward notice, none of these consequences will be based upon racism, so don't expect "future generations grew dumber, violent and prone to rape white wymmin" and the like here, this is not GD Politics, God & the Wealth of Nations. Hate to spoil the obvious but sooner or later they will make contact with skraelingjar(Native Americans), either the Inuit or the Huron first, depending on the choices, and how to approach them will be crucial in this CYOA for many updates to come.

And remember the main character right now is not rich enough to pay a ship's captain to bring him back to Vinland if he returns to Iceland, nor are rich any of his two friends in this.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The gd crowd is probably not so secretly hoping for the domination of the draka.

Monty

Arcane
B

Treave - From the above it seems B is the option to stay on the coastline and C is to head inland away from the coastline. I agree with the reasoning though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
*looks at map of America*

*reads the choices again*

Whoops. You're right, my mistake. South it is, then.

oscar

Arcane
Was thinking more along the lines that the three of us mixing with a Native tribe means that our offspring are just Native Americans with slightly fairer hair. We don't really have the numbers for assimilation or a hybrid culture.

D is interesting, but sort of sounds like a non-standard game over, unless we could we raise the capital for a more serious attempt at colonisation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom