Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

*redacted*

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Cassidy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    No giving away a sample of our blood, please. We have enough of these abominations running around, no need to make them our equals or, worse yet, betters. Not to mention that our blood might give them power over us, a weapon to neutralize us, or something else entirely.

I wonder why she couldn't just take it from us when we were asleep.

1C, probably.

Can someone remind me what was the deal with Alexis? Did we forgive him, or is there other reason he still draws breath? Is the Eastern Roman Empire at war with us right now?

2A. It's too early to go after Sarah - she knew what she was doing when she guided us to Kraka, so she should be on alert. If our spymaster is worth anything, we can't sneak inside their house unnoticed, either, so it's better to start from the basic stuff like blood samples. I hope the spymaster has them taken like any other good citizen in our country.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    ^ Top  
  2. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    So he broke his promise by waging a war, didn't he? Now I am tempted to throw his skull to the skull throne. :|

But I will probably prefer Frey to regain a bit of her sanity and that means staying away from the likes of the Queen of Death.

^ Top  
  3. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  4. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    I have nearly forgotten, seeing how it was written in July, but could it be that Smaragdur is actually one of the sources of our trouble?

Kerosene or not, it might have been a right decision to recapture it ASAP.

Also, did anything ever come out of our conversation with Alp Arslan? There was an intention to form an alliance with Turks, but it was eclipsed by the pursuit of technology. Did we give up on the idea, or did something happen that prevented it naturally?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    ^ Top  
  5. Jester Arbiter

Infinitron
  6. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Infinitron

^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012
    Dun dun dunnn... 1

^ Top  
  8. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Infinitron
  9. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Hah.

Who wants to bet that it started with Isaac and bloomed when we set sail for Jerusalem, leaving the country wide open to vampiric manipulation while we searched high and low for their artefacts? The 'Dex is full of l1bruls who just can't say no to a capitalist pig and would hug with a pair of vicious bloodsuckers. :argh::lol:

1. Hide Frey under a table and go back with guns blazing.

Cassidy, how poisonous is our blood to vampires, exactly? How much is enough to turn them into ash? A droplet of blood? What if it is dissolved in a glass of water? Can we 'poison' the water with our blood? If we feed them a Freyjanna-flavoured steak, will it kill them? What effect would our blood have on normal humans?

What happens to the thralls if their masters die?

There might be a way to kill them all using our unique condition. I imagine the conspiracy would be easier to believe in if major Counsil members would spontaneously combust where they stand. Though doing it in the middle of the war is risky.

Also, when did the records stop? For how long (and since when) this was going on?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    ^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    What is the most efficient method of delivery that is available for us, then? A syringe, a special 'bullet'?

Are tranquilizer guns invented yet?

Only mass executions will save the country now.
    :russia::love:

Well, our best chance lies with destroying J&S, then. We can't behead our whole country, and we likely have no one loyal left to do the beheadings anyway.

I wonder though how deep the corruption goes. Do the thralls even realize they act against their own country, or are they not aware of their masters' plan?

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Kraka was our only ally, or at least a counterweight, to the threat of Sarah and Jacob - barring Ia, of course. We were obliged to try and save her if we wanted to have a chance at this.

It is not like if we didn't come back we would have a plausible deniability, with Angartyr's body in Kraka's mansion and several guards as witnesses to our alliance. If Kraka fell, they would have come after us all the same.

:hahano:

No, really. What.

Can you remind me why does Sarah has such a degree of control over Angy's mind? Is it the same with Freyjanna?

What would happen if we transfer our conscience as a way out? Or is it futile since it changes nothing? We could leave the country as Freyjanna... we even could try to outsmart the two. That would probably be the end of Angartyr, though.

What happens to Freyjanna should we agree to leave?

What? That was not there before... :|

:hmmm:

Nope. Still do not want to risk unleashing Ia.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Can we ask them why they started the war if they are so benevolent and want the best for our people?

Also, if Ia can dominate Sarah's and Jacob's will... wouldn't he be able to dominate us through them? What do we know about him?

Now, I have no idea about mechanics in the game, but if the result isn't decided by a die roll, I am leaning on those two options being dead ends.

I am weighting the risks of IAIAIA against starting anew, being immortal and all. So far I find IAIAIA less attractive, and that is saying something.

^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Yes, pretty much. But the leak of technology? All that effort we put on keeping Vinland separate from the whole world, gone in an instant. For what?

I don't get their motives. Hell, I don't even get why they are offering us a way out. What, do they think we can be friends some time down the line? Why are they taking the risk yet again? Especially when they know our blood kills them.

It just makes no fucking sense unless they know something that we don't, which would not actually surprise me.

Still, in a game between ancient horrors there are bigger players and bigger stakes. We have introduced a new force to the world, and at least it isn't that much worse than the others.

To hell with it, DA. Maybe Vinland will play an important role in the upcoming conflict. Time will tell.

So, basically, we are on course to the normal timeline. :salute:

Can we get a seat?

^ Top  
  14. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Infinitron
    1A
    2C

Release the beast! Bring order unto this chaos!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jester Arbiter

Infinitron
    D
    A

Kraka know about things she shouldn't. I dont think that setting free something outleveling undead vampires this much is a good idea. They are quite cruel, but its still not certain they are against humanity. Kinda expect this whole situation an elaborate way to free her by Kraka or someone using her. Leak of tech is quite good from my perspective. Struggle is a source of Evolution and we need rapid development. Attempt to spread understanding might be correct path. Tech given to rest of world is already obsolete. Angartyr's exile might become a catalyst for change.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    ^ Top  
  16. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Infinitron
    Eh, seems a bit meh of an ending.

^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Infinitron
    Um. What was that about?

^ Top  
  18. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Infinitron
    AA Do what we can to remove all conniving manipulators from premises! Assuming the second update is a joke.

^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012
    :yeah: Cloaked Figure to the rescue. :lol:

^ Top  
  20. Azira Arcane Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012
    1E>D>A
    2C>A

^ Top  
  21. Fangshi Arcane

Infinitron
    Monsters and betrayers everywhere we turn, we should purge existence of such filth no matter the cost!

1A
    2A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Fangshi Arcane

Infinitron
    1. E, Their tech should be useful even after they are gone.
    2. C>A, Don't want to draw too much attention but failing that death to the melonhead overlords!
    3. C, Probably should not change too much before we are ready to deal with the big threats.
    4. B>C>D, They still have information we could use after all.
    5. C, Some things are best done with a bullet.
    6. A>B, Don't have a strong preference either way.

^ Top  
  23. Azira Arcane Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012
    1E
    2A>C
    3C
    4D
    5C
    6A

^ Top  
  24. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Infinitron
    1) E
    2) C
    3) C
    4) A>C>B>D
    5) C>D
    6) A

^ Top  
  25. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Infinitron
    1E
    2C
    3C
    4B
    5C
    6A

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)