Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reduce shitposts- hide post count

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seriously. We all know the signal to noise ratio at Codex has always been high, verging on extreme, but it seems like it's getting higher thanks to fantadomat and his ilk. The Codex stance on moderation is well known and unlikely to change, so I propose an alternative course to reduce the incentive to post total and utter needless crap.

We're a simple bunch, if we see a number next to our name, we want it to go up. Remove the number and reduce the reinforcement for making a whole bunch of shitposts whose only purpose is '+1'.

I challenge anyone to make a case for post count being anything other than an encouragement to shitpost.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Of course, the other reason that this should be considered as a course of action:

It will generate extreme levels of butthurt.

Honestly, I think I should have put that as the primary reason.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Of course, the other reason that this should be considered as a course of action:

It will generate extreme levels of butthurt.

Honestly, I think I should have put that as the primary reason.
i cant imagine anyone would really care

Lots of button spamming and one-liners. No attempt from anyone to make an argument for 'parrot' count to be anything constructive. I'm not surprised how attached some of you are to your parrots, it's only natural you see them as some sort of achievement. You've put the effort in to level your Codex persona, how dare someone suggest that they be taken away?!

GRPG and GG forums are clogged up to high heaven with shitposts that serve no purpose and even worse, are just dull. Christ, I almost miss Andhaira for god's sake, we joked about his inanity but some of his posts were like classic comedy compared to the level we have now.

Getting rid of post count won't solve the problem, but it's a step in the right direction.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously. We all know the signal to noise ratio at Codex has always been high, verging on extreme, but it seems like it's getting higher thanks to fantadomat and his ilk. The Codex stance on moderation is well known and unlikely to change, so I propose an alternative course to reduce the incentive to post total and utter needless crap.

We're a simple bunch, if we see a number next to our name, we want it to go up. Remove the number and reduce the reinforcement for making a whole bunch of shitposts whose only purpose is '+1'.

I challenge anyone to make a case for post count being anything other than an encouragement to shitpost.
Meh. As long as there are ratings, it's useless.

Or, you know, as long as people keep posting here at all.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
985762c6-c0f1-45c0-9be4-9bb2c6cdf1bc.png

Looking for player two?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
A censorship enabling reddit-spacer under the guise of an oldfag. Retardo this thread.

Interesting that you equate removal of post count with censorship. If what you say doesn't give you a +1, you find that similar to people moderating your posts? I think that shows the link I am talking about.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A censorship enabling reddit-spacer under the guise of an oldfag. Retardo this thread.

Interesting that you equate removal of post count with censorship. If what you say doesn't give you a +1, you find that similar to people moderating your posts? I think that shows the link I am talking about.
Any post in this subforum is a shitpost by default. You have become what you are fighting against. Time to die.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I look at fantadomat's 19 posts/day average over the past 15 months and take comfort in quality over quantity.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I look at fantadomat's 19 posts/day average over the past 15 months and take comfort in quality over quantity.

fantadomat blocks people from viewing his page.

fucking loser should douse himself in sugar water and dive into a fire ant hill.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey,half of those are quality. Not everyone have to choose between the two. I am not responsible that there are no rpg coming out every week mate,there is not much to be talked about.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

fantadomat blocks people from viewing his page.

fucking loser should douse himself in sugar water and dive into a fire ant hill.
What the fuck are you talking about????? I block nothing!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
We're a simple bunch, if we see a number next to our name, we want it to go up. Remove the number and reduce the reinforcement for making a whole bunch of shitposts

Do you have any kind of evidence that people seriously just post to make the post count go up? I mean, I have heard weirder shit but that seems a bit far fetched. Seems to be mostly just about attention.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I would feel worse if I couldn't see my post count. I want to keep my post count down, and having a high post count means I have a higher count of potential shitposts, which brings me great shame. Having a higher ratio than 2:1 of post to brofist is something that dishonors your house. Not being able to see my post count removes my inhibition.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Hush you. The shitposts are one of the best things about the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom