Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reloading the Game

Momotaca

Novice
:?: Despite all denials to the contrary, I've found that when working with developing games, loading a full newer version often acts sliightly different than the freshly patched version (i.e., one or two "fixed" bugs might act a little differently). Thus I like to replace my full version every few patches.

In the case of Prelude, I've already registered the game and so herein lies the question. If I replace my full version of Prelude, will the game forgot that it is registered? Are there any special steps I must take to insure this doesn't happen?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Not if you just install over the game. I did that last night, so I know that installing over doesn't make it forget the key.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
erasing the old install and then re-install _may_ make it forgot the key, but re-installing over the old install won't.
And in at least one case I have seen someone have issues with a repeatedly patched version witch went away with a fresh install.

cheers,
-mat

Jed

Cipher
Why wouldn't you be able to re-enter the key? I'm planning on registering this weekend, but if the key is only good for one shot, it makes me a little wary...

Jed

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
The key will still work no problem, you'd just have to enter it again.
Sorry for the confusion. The customer ID is hardware, not installation specific, so remains constant across installations.

-mat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom