Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Remnant series" or something like that

Wunderbar

Arcane
Cartoony co-op third person shooter with randomised diablo-like loot.

Literally nothing in common with dark souls, except that main character can roll.

Black Angel

Arcane
I don't see anything from the trailer and description on Steam page that points it to being inspired by Soulsborne, and apparently it's going to be 'over-the-shoulder' 3rd person perspective, which is so NOT Soulsborne. Guess youtubers/social media gonna do the thing of comparing anything remotely resembles Soulsborne to Soulsborne.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see anything from the trailer and description on Steam page that points it to being inspired by Soulsborne, and apparently it's going to be 'over-the-shoulder' 3rd person perspective, which is so NOT Soulsborne. Guess youtubers/social media gonna do the thing of comparing anything remotely resembles Soulsborne to Soulsborne.
it at least have the silimar bossfight design to souls games. maybe some of the enemy design and dodge rolling.

Blaza

Educated
This is the right combination of buzzword soup to make me cautiously optimistic that this could be fun

RaptorRex888

Learned
e4f.jpg

Oracsbox

I've played it for a few hours today

Dark Souls is definitely a big influence,difficult,learn by mistakes,save at fire etc..

Graphics are adequate but I'm ok with them I like the art design and your character is nicely detailed.
Voice acting is sparse but seems ok
Background sounds are suitably creepy
Controls work fine and I've had no issues getting my toon to do what I want.
Shooting is solid and the switch between melee and gunning works well.
The weapons I've had up to now also have significant differences.

Worlds are procedurally generated ,I created two characters and the dungeon design between them on the first level was significantly different.

Inventory management is painless thankfully
As to builds and RPG elements I'm too early in to judge them.

Actual gameplay requires care, if you run in guns blazing you'll be dead in no time.
Awareness,positioning are vital ..cover and movement at the right time are important.
Enemy types vary a lot and when some work together they become even more dangerous.One mini boss was quite awkward until I sat back thought about what it was doing and then I found it easier to kill.Which is always a positive to me.

I would often be fine then suddenly get overwhelmed by my overconfidence.
Buff and debuffs are game changers..I ran into a toxic cloud and because my character started coughing I couldn't lay down enough fire and got murdered.

One extensive dungeon I went into had as I finally realised nothing to do with the main quest, however getting a fine pistol at the end of it felt like a genuine reward, something I've not felt in a game in a long time.Too often in most games you get some shitty reward that was of less use than what you had.

As of now I'm enjoying it quite a lot

The game can be played offline.
Single player or 3 co-op

It apparently won't have microtransactions but will have expansions

Oracsbox

Update

there's little secrets and things to work out and find.

my death rate is staggering.
I've probably died more times in a few hours of this than in everything else I've played for 5 years.
I've become so used to games being easy and sign posted I've forgotten how to play anything with a challenge.
I need to git gud scrub.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.reddit.com/r/remnantgame/comments/crs0i3/level_scaling_information/

The game uses a weighted average to determine your potential power. It searches each slot and finds the highest level item and uses it for that weighted average. So, if you have a +5 gun (so level 6 behind the scenes), a +3 secondary gun, a +2 sword, and +1 armor (all 3 slots) your weighted afterage is probably level 5. Now, each NEW area you go into will be 5+1 (so 6). Your level 6 gun will be doing work, and your armor will be below-par.

Additionally, the resource drops to upgrade your gear is based on the ACTUAL average level. In the above example, using the same gear, your average level is 3.16 (so level 3). It will keep dropping regular Iron until your average is +5. Then it will start dropping Forged. This is to compel you to keep leveling up your weakest gear.

OK, so... If you are level 2 in a level 5 area because you just sprinted ahead and never upgraded, enemies will be doing 30% more dmg than normal (or better said, you wil lbe taking 30 % more dmg than normal). You will also be doing 30% less damage than you should.

If you decide "OK, I clearly need to level up!!!" and get to level 6, that level 5 area REMAINS level 5. It never changes difficulty unless you reroll the entire campaign. This is so that you can absolutely power-up and outlevel the area that was giving you problems. You will now be doing 10% more damage and taking 10% less damage than you would had you been level 5 against level 5 enemies.

Now, if you leveled up to level 21 (+20 all items, the max gearscore), that area that you previously spawned at level 5 would be an absolute joke. You would be doing 150% more damage and you'd basically take almost no damage... because you outlevel them by a massive margin.

Just to be clear, once a zone is spawned at its level, it NEVER levels up again until you reroll the entire campaign. This is so each level starts at a challenging level and allows to you power up and get stronger, thus making it considerably easier should you decide to do so!

EDIT: When I say LEVEL, I mean your GEARSCORE (both weighted average and your actual average). This has nothing to do with Trait Rank. Max gearscore is +20 which equates to Level 21... meaning, the highest the enemies can go is Level 22. Of course, this is all behind the scenes.

When you walk into a zone, ANY ZONE, for the first time, it will calculate your current level and spawn the zone at +1 to your level. This is to make every new zone slightly more challenging. It will never, EVER, under any circumstances, change that level UNLESS you reroll the entire campaign.

If you go into City 1 (first area) at level 2, the zone spawns at level 3, and will be level 3 forever. It will never level up or down.

UNLESS... you reroll the entire campaign. If you get to level 15, then reroll the entire campaign, then go to City 1 again, it will be level 16.

Note: When I mentioned LEVEL, I also mean gearscore level. Not your Trait Rank. Trait Rank does NOT factor into the calculation, only your gear score.

The curse of level scaling :)

Every area has a minimum level. If you do not upgrade your weapons and armor, you will get destroyed. Example: World Boss for City is level 5 minimum. If you don't uprgade anything and get to the World Boss, they will be level 5, you will be level 1 or 2. You'll be doing way less damage, taking way more damage.

You absolutely have to upgrade.

On top of that, you get Mods, Traits, Armor Skills, Items, etc... which enemies do not. While each time they scale up in a new zone, you overpower them with your combination of gear and traits.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

The weapon mods are often a bit lacklustre at the moment I must admit.

thankyou toro for that levelling info

Oracsbox

Update
Now I'm getting used to it all I'm rarely dying
levels have opened up and the game is the better for it
I do like the constant introduction of new enemy types with different attack pattern's keeps it interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom