Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Remove the ignore feature, it promotes weakness.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Previosly in this thread someone referred to the Codex as a "small community". Totally fake news, folks. Codex is a very prestigious magazine available in countless nations around the world. Responsible for brexit, election of Trump, the destruction of ISIS and bravely flying the flag of toxic maskulinity. And now constantly monitored and infiltrated by both CIA, FSB and Mossad all vying for supremacy by trying to outshitpost each other.
Doesn't mean that it is not a small "community". Our enemy the illuminati also are not a big community.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Feeble calls that appeal to machoism as a reason to remove the Ignore function just proves the point that the Ignore function needs to be there. This is an internet forum, not a college fraternity.

I'm in the camp that would rather not have to use the function, but I'm a realist who has experienced first-hand that we're better off having it.

The fact of the matter is that the Codex houses far too many psychopathic nutjobs, immature attention whores and paid shills, just to name a few undesirable elements of society, online or otherwise. Since we can't physically reach out and smack these people for acting like idiots (INB4 calls of plane tickets) we'll have to settle for acceptable alternatives, of which the Ignore list is one of the better ones.

To the people that whine and cry about the Ignore list being there: Grow the fuck up. I have people ignoring me, and I have no idea why... nor do I care.

I also keep my profile private, because I've had the more unhinged members of the Codex leave nice little messages on my profile page. The kind that equal to discovering someone has smeared your windows with their own shit. I'm not the one to blame in that scenario because I have windows on my house, but the people arguing for de-privatizing profiles seem to think exactly that: Psychos gotta psycho. No. Just fuck off.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The ignore feature should be stripped of its functionality as it only seeks to promote weakness and cowardice. If anyone tries to ignore someone else it should automatically post in a thread of shame that X person wants to ignore Y.. you can even have fun with it like "X can't handle the bantz with Y" or "X is butthurt and tried to ignore Y" etc.

Also bring back CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM but have it do the same thing.
I'm going to remove you're balls and make your wife eat it.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the ignore feature to put someone on 'time out'. This is like a parenting feature to teach naughty children to not misbehave.

Currently I have two users on ignore, asfasdf and maxie. This isn't permanent, it's just until such time as they can learn to stop doing the following:

"Crispy! Hey Crispy!"
"Hey!"
"Crispy, hello, hey! You're a faggot!"
"Fuck you Crispy!"
"Hey! Cirspy!3 HJeloou?"
"Craaspoy due daggty."
"Hey CRUAPY:"
"Crispy, you're a faggot!#@"
"Hi Crispy die faggot."
"DHEY@ CRASPY!"
"Shut the fuck upCrispy"
"Crispy you're a faggt."
"cRapys Faggit"
"Hey what the fuck cCRiPYSY Die."
"Hi Crispy."
"Hey"
"CRIIIIIISPY"
"La creatura el Crpspera mia dios"
"FUCK YOU CRISPY"
"You're such a dumbfuck Crapsy"
"Hey CRISPY CRISPY CIRSPY PAY ATTENTYION TO ME PLAESE>"
"Crispy why are you so mean to me?"
"CRISPY@##"
"Crapsy die KILL URSLELF"
"CRISPY"
"Hi Crispy I fukced you mom"
"CRIPY"
"CRROOOOOOOOPSY"

and so on.
But how can they learn, when you really are a faggot who needs to kill himself?

Feeble calls that appeal to machoism as a reason to remove the Ignore function just proves the point that the Ignore function needs to be there. This is an internet forum, not a college fraternity.

I'm in the camp that would rather not have to use the function, but I'm a realist who has experienced first-hand that we're better off having it.
:salute:

The anti-ignore camp are like retarded anarcho-capitalists saying you don't the police to maintain order. Yeah, right.

Since they are neck deep in shitposting they are trying to rationalise to avoid the obvious conclusion that’s a tremendous waste of everyone’s time.

Notice how they distort our vocabulary. Safe space people are leftists that can’t take any form of criticism. So now anyone who wants to avoid shitposting or thinks that some basic common decency is important is laugh at as safe space.

It is as if anyone that wants some sort of common decency and rules is a faggot that wants to make things worse. It’s a complete inversion of values. You would expect conservatives to understand that pointless rudeness is a sign of degradation and cultural decline, but apparently being a teenager of South Park troll is what a monocled gentleman should aspire to be.

You can't get more mediocre and stupid than that.

Bohr

Arcane

:salute:

The anti-ignore camp are like retarded anarcho-capitalists saying you don't the police to maintain order. Yeah, right.

Since they are neck deep in shitposting they are trying to rationalise to avoid the obvious conclusion that’s a tremendous waste of everyone’s time.

Notice how they distort our vocabulary. Safe space people are leftists that can’t take any form of criticism. So now anyone who wants to avoid shitposting or thinks that some basic common decency is important is laugh at as safe space.

Sorry bro, Unkillable Cat won't hear you as he's ignoring you +M

uWMWoEtY_o.png

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Limit maximum ignore to five people. This way, if you're ignoring someone, you really mean it (unlike butthurt attention whore ignorers who keep reading all of your posts anyway.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I agree with this, I have 30 something retards ignoring me because I shat on their favourite games, how weak minded can you be to get triggered by that? I want this function removed so I can make their days even worse, come on, I need to have some fun over here:lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I agree with this, I have 30 something retards ignoring me because I shat on their favourite games, how weak minded can you be to get triggered by that? I want this function removed so I can make their days even worse, come on, I need to have some fun over here:lol:
I agree with you mate. You may have some bad taste in games,but this is not an ignorable offence.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I agree with you mate. You may have some bad taste in games,but this is not an ignorable offence.

And when did I ever told you what games I like that you make that asumption?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Your dislike of Kingdom Come is a crime in itself.

:troll:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Your dislike of Kingdom Come is a crime in itself.

:troll:

No, liking this is a crime

One year later and they still didn't balance archery:lol:

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

So far, you're only making my day even worse.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Attention: This thread is now about the classic children's television show The Adventures of Dudley the Dragon. Please refrain from posts that are off this topic.

Cael

Arcane
...and paid shills...
There is a paid shill that spams my alert box with his shilling and useless cheerleader antics, but I am not allowed by the forum to ignore the immature brat. Unfortunate, since he never has anything worthwhile to say and not seeing his shit is not loss at all.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
There is a paid shill that spams my alert box with his shilling and useless cheerleader antics, but I am not allowed by the forum to ignore the immature brat. Unfortunate, since he never has anything worthwhile to say and not seeing his shit is not loss at all.

Hi! We here at the Dudley the Dragon Appreciation Thread appreciate you taking the time to comment. We would, however, like to ask that you please try and keep all future comments on topic. Thanks!

Did you know that in the first two seasons, Dudley was voiced and acted by the same person?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Let me point out that the guy checks his ignore list apparently every day and ignores everyone who ignores him, while taking people who stopped ignoring him off the list.
crazyrobot.gif

I do the same thing, although I don't check it very frequently.

There is absolutely no feedback whatsoever when someone has ignored you unless you memorize your list, meaning that you might respond to them repeatedly over a period of years, yet they won't see any of it because they got butthurt about your political opinions one time.

That's a waste of my time and I won't have it. If someone gets butthurt and refuses to read what I post, then they get the same treatment from me, reciprocally.

I am, however, slowly working on a Firefox extension that will automatically check my ignored list from time to time and then highlight the names of butthurt crybabies who've put me on ignore. That way, I can purge my ignore list, then rate their posts shit and retadred every single time I see one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom