Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Requital

Jinxed

Liturgist
Tags: Requital

<a href=http://www.excalibur-publishing.co.uk/>Excalibur Publishing</a> has announced they will be releasing a new RPG Action game called Requital, made by <a href=http://www.primal-soft.com/>Primal Software</a>. Here's part of the press release:<blockquote>Your Story Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher. You now have your freedom and there is only one thought on your mind – revenge! All you remember about the person who ripped your family apart is the weapon he used and the mark on his hand. Your quest is to find him and make him pay for the death of your family with his death - by your sword.</blockquote> Man, this sounds like crap, some kind of Kung-Fu film ripoff. Normally I wouldn't care about this game enough to post news about it, except this part of the press release made me chuckle:<blockquote>You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast</blockquote>Kinkay!<br>Spotted at <a href=http://www.bluesnews.com/>Bluesnews</a>

MountainWest

Scholar
HotSnack said:
whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous murderer.
Fixed.

Truly those are the worst kind of murderers.

funny-pictures-crazy-man-0Xz.jpg

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Jinxed said:
<a>Excalibur Publishing</a> has announced they will be releasing a new RPG Action game called Requital, made by <a>Primal Software</a>. Here's part of the press release:<blockquote>Your Story Your name is Wolfhound. You are the last of your clan. You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast and enslaved, whilst your parents were murdered at the hands of a murderous butcher. You now have your freedom and there is only one thought on your mind – revenge! All you remember about the person who ripped your family apart is the weapon he used and the mark on his hand. Your quest is to find him and make him pay for the death of your family with his death - by your sword.</blockquote> Man, this sounds like crap, some kind of Kung-Fu film ripoff. Normally I wouldn't care about this game enough to post news about it, except this part of the press release made me chuckle:<blockquote>You were taken screaming from your mother’s breast</blockquote>Kinkay!<br>Spotted at <a>Bluesnews</a>

Belive it or not. I read alot (google-fu'ed) about this game on russian websites (has been released last fall over there). It is not also a MOVIE-TIE-IN from a top grossing russina film, but also based on the most successfull NOVEL series ("Volkodav") in Russia by someone called Maria Semyonova.

Read it all here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416316/usercomments

BTW: I played the russian demo. It reminded my of Oblivion in looks and Two Worlds in gameplay

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That story.. i mean.. I've only found one game so far which was even more funny (or EXTREME!). I forgot the name, though.

You were some kind of cop-agent and had to build up your own underground crime organization to stop other underground crime organizations. And while doing so, you would discover an alien conspiracy..... that last part made me laugh about it for days...

Suicidal

Arcane
Every time a new action-RPG is announced a random person commits suicide.

Nedrah

Erudite
I don't remember asking for another actionrpg, russian or not.

So, no, not happy, not happy at all.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The story doesn't sound that bad to me, though.
It says in the end that you just remember the weapon that killed your family, and some mark on the murderous murdering murderer's hand. That could make up for some interesing non-linear go-and-search-someone-you-don't-know shit, but if it's an action RPG it means that it will be linear. Too bad for the wasted potential.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasted potential?...

Sorry, but all potential that might have been in a they-killed-your-parents-and-everyone-but-you-.-now-you-want-revenge-game is lost since that story was new like 20-30 years ago...

It's just like creating a D&D PnP Character with "Orcs pillaged my village. I want to kill Orcs.".
There is a potential for much brutal killing, though...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
thesheeep said:
Wasted potential?...

Sorry, but all potential that might have been in a they-killed-your-parents-and-everyone-but-you-.-now-you-want-revenge-game is lost since that story was new like 20-30 years ago...

It's just like creating a D&D PnP Character with "Orcs pillaged my village. I want to kill Orcs.".
There is a potential for much brutal killing, though...

Well, it's better than "OMG hero you must save the world or we all die!" cliché, and hasn't been used that often in computer games.

Also, it would make for a much grittier athmosphere than the usual fairytale high fantasy.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Nope, I disagree.... I think it's just within the same league of shitty excuses for a story...

Also, rescuing the world may have different reasons. Revenge has nearly always the same reason: someone murdered someone you liked.

In THIS case, it makes even less sense. So these murderous murderers murdered you parents.. when you were a baby, right?
You shouldn't even remember them. And even IF... you never had any personal relationship to them... makes it even more hard to believe you would want revenge so bad...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
thesheeep said:
Nope, I disagree.... I think it's just within the same league of shitty excuses for a story...

Also, rescuing the world may have different reasons. Revenge has nearly always the same reason: someone murdered someone you liked.

In THIS case, it makes even less sense. So these murderous murderers murdered you parents.. when you were a baby, right?
You shouldn't even remember them. And even IF... you never had any personal relationship to them... makes it even more hard to believe you would want revenge so bad...

Well, they *could* make something out of it, but I doubt they will.
I hope that it will at least contain lots of bloodshed and barbarian bloodrage hacking enemies to tiny shreds style violence. And the vengeance should be sweet, like, tearing out that mudering muderous murderer's guts and wearing them as a belt.

analt

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
The story doesn't sound that bad to me, though.
It says in the end that you just remember the weapon that killed your family, and some mark on the murderous murdering murderer's hand. That could make up for some interesing non-linear go-and-search-someone-you-don't-know shit, but if it's an action RPG it means that it will be linear. Too bad for the wasted potential.

All you know is that your family was killed by a sword of Atlantean steel, and the hand that wielded it bore a tattoo in the shape of two snakes coming together under an ebon sun.

You must seek out the sign of the snake cult, confront a bunch of naked hippies and untermenschen, scream "THIS IS CIMMERIA!" and kick them all down a well.

analt said:
All you know is that your family was killed by a sword of Atlantean steel, and the hand that wielded it bore a tattoo in the shape of two snakes coming together under an ebon sun.

You must seek out the sign of the snake cult, confront a bunch of naked hippies and untermenschen, scream "THIS IS CIMMERIA!" and kick them all down a well.

Fucking EXTREME! Needs more collar-grabbing though.

[Ooh....brackets! In all seriousness why must all stories in games nowadays be so artificially badass? It really is getting pretty generic....]

spacemoose

Erudite
analt said:

exactly

Bradylama

Arcane
CROM WILL BARE WITNESS

Honestly this is just screaming for a parody. Not like Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhard's Tale, but something on the level of Korgoth awesomeality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom