Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Deleted member 7219

Playing this at the moment.

It’s great so far, like REmake and Zero but third person. Gameplay is pretty much the same. Had my first encounter with Mr X, doesn’t seem like anywhere is safe from him, you have to keep moving, which is a nice touch (I didn’t play the original so don’t know if this is new or not)

Vorark

Erudite

472-1580319970-1194899325.jpeg

Witcher with guns Cyberpunk 2077 promo shot.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Leon's campaign. Now onto Claire as the 2nd campaign. Disappointed that the police station puzzles are the exact same as Leon's so far - have to do the statue puzzle again, fit gas valves etc... Leon already did that, so it should all be there already.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Finished Leon's campaign. Now onto Claire as the 2nd campaign. Disappointed that the police station puzzles are the exact same as Leon's so far - have to do the statue puzzle again, fit gas valves etc... Leon already did that, so it should all be there already.

It's obvious Leon's story plays out a lot differently when you're not playing it. You'll see. Mr. X dies differently too.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Hunk is surprisingly cool I find. I think I'm a bit boring in that I rarely find my player character in games very cool or interesting, but this Jin Ro looking storm trooper really works for me, especially in the context of how challenging I found beating 4th Survivor was. Something about the glistening black of his clothes makes him feel like he is some serious shit when you play him
uyibgcdohaj21.jpg

I thought a lot of the challenge of 4th Survivor came with irritation in having to tediously learn every obstacle by heart, in failure after failure. Didn't seem like a fair challenge without prior knowledge - but succeeding at it gave a good vibe of really being "the grim reaper" who just flowed through the chaos like a tacticruel ghost.

If it didn't freeze your menu access when you are hit by enemy grabs it would have been a lot more fun. Almost every time that something managed to grab me it meant I wanted to restart. My punishment was having to restart, don't make me sit through a boring animation too, just play it in the background of the menu if you must but let me restart when I wish to.

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I really wish all grab attack animations were much shorter. When are long grab animations ever fun in a fast paced action game? Fast paced action is what all the extra modes are, and once you have beaten the campaign once or twice that is what the whole game turns into.
If it would make the game too easy if there were no long grabs to put you in awkward situations, then I would gladly take double damage in exchange for shortening them. That's a shit idea but anything to thwart the intense anti-fun of this shit.

Are the grabtastic sewer blob enemies fun to anyone?
Do the fleshpile enemies in RE ever make the games better?

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
It took me a while to realize that there are training modes for the Ghost Survivor missions. Training mode made the whole thing a lot more reasonable since it gives you a chance to learn the course before you run it. After struggling with Forgotten Soldier for several days I beat it on my first attempt after playing it through once in Training Mode.
Up to this point I hadn't bothered to shoot much at Mr X so I didn't know how to deal with him when he shows up - three magnum bullets to the head was the answer to that puzzle, guy stays down for a good while after that and that solved my last real problem with Forgotten Soldier.
Very fun of them to stick a grabfagblob right at the end where it blocks the exit, especially with how slow you run up the stairs that it is on. A bit of dumb luck that I got past it.

No Way Out was fun, would have been nice with more missions like it.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
It's dope when you run into those two ivy zombies on the second floor in the 4th Survivor scenario. I always pop them in their leg lumps to incapacitate them. The lighting in that corridor really compliments how they look when they spazz out with their vines stretching out like tentacles from them.

The electronic section of the 4th Survivor soundtrack hits the matrix vibe I want when I'm playing this but the more intense orchestral section doesn't fit at all, so I have instead been listening a lot to Autechre while running it.

The sharply backlit twisting shapes with that music is a great match, makes it look like a spooky rave for a moment.

Last edited:

kreight

Yeah some companies have been selling figurines of video game heroines. And those can be undressed. I'll ping you a link when come across one of those.

randir14

Augur
They've released a new update on PC and next-gen consoles, it adds ray tracing and a new 3D audio engine.

Ezekiel

Arcane
a new 3D audio engine.
Still disappointed they had Dolby Atmos for RE2 and then dropped it for RE3 and presumably all future Capcom games. Seems like all the major publishers figured out 98 percent of players use headphones, TV speakers and soundbars, which is why Sony built their whole PS5 sound engine around headphones. The positioning and sense of space of 3D audio are not better than actual surround sound. It still just sounds like stereo in nearly all cases.

Ezekiel

Arcane
re2-update.jpg

Very big for someone with a 1.2 TB bandwidth cap. Comcast are crooks.

An upgrade patch will be releasing soon and system requirements will also be updated.

【Update on system requirements】
The system requirements will change with the arrival of the upgrade patch. The new minimum requirements are listed below alongside the previous specifications no longer supported under this upgrade patch.

Minimum requirements:
■OS
Before:WINDOWS® 7, 8.1, 10 (64-BIT Required)
After:WINDOWS® 10 (64-BIT Required)

■DirectX
Before:Version 11
After:Version 12

■Graphics
Before:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GeForce GTX 760
or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x
After:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GeForce GTX 960
or AMD Radeon™ RX 460

【How to toggle automatic updates OFF】
Follow the following steps before the patch goes live.

1. Right-click the title under your Library, and select "Properties..."
2. In the "UPDATES" tab, change Automatic Updates to "Update only when I launch it"
3. Press "Steam" in your steam client, and select "Go Offline"
4. Press "Play" to start the game.

※Please switch to "Go Offline" every time you play this title.
※Please be aware that once the upgrade patch has been applied, the game cannot be restored to the previous version even if the game is uninstalled.

Ezekiel

Arcane
That they have to write that message at the bottom kind of speaks to the bullshittery of automatic updates. My PC was already struggling. Give me a list of all the updates and let me choose how far to apply. It's not a multiplayer game. There will be no balancing issues caused by letting the player update what they want. They wouldn't even have to host all the old updates themselves; they could do it in a way that allows fans to archive and host the old ones for other fans.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom