Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Resident-Evil-3-3.jpg

Resident-Evil-3-4.jpg

Resident-Evil-3-7.jpg

Resident-Evil-3-10-1.jpg

For some reason some screenshots look a little cartoon-ish.

Machocruz

Arcane
Another one for the RE6 defense force. I liked it enough to platinum it. Capcom are pretty much one of the top 2 kings of action games, so even when they "fail" there is still some greatness to be found. I still think the camera was in way too close (even after the patch that supposedly 'fixed' this). RE4 had the best version of this perspective up until RE2make, as you can see more to the left side of Leon. The remake does even better as there are moments where your character is more towards the center of the screen. Also, 6's character models didn't seem near as good as RE5, but I haven't seen them side by side.

The Chris campaign wound being the stand out of the game, surprisingly since I thought it would be the worst going by the demo - a slice from chapter 2, which is the worst part of his story imo. The Chris campaign evokes 8-bit era Konami military, action nuttiness.

At times, Leon's campaign is maybe one of the best single-player horror-action games around. Yes early chapter 1 is lame, but once you hit the streets the game just goes balls out for the rest of the chapter. Gotta love the fatfuck zombie. Fighting Simmons and his different forms was another highlight. Again I'm reminded of old school arcade craziness. At this point you either accept this is a Contra/Metal Slug/etc. with RE references or you uninstall and shake your head at the sacrilege.

RE5 mercs is mechanically simpler (shoot limb to trigger melee prompt, rinse-repeat), but I like it more. I liked the character selection (Jill, Chris, Barry, Rebecca, Wesker, Hunk, etc.), weapons, and maps more, could play Public Assembly and Prison all day. And it seems to me that RE6 mercs wasn't as popular, but I don't have the data.

As far as the girls, I'm sorry but Ada in-game is fug. Thin lips, long face, long nose. Not a patch on her other incarnations. Sherry gets some nice hospital gown shots. Helena is just bland to me, her sister might have the best ass in the series doe.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I find these developers boring for going with tank tops over and over. Claire already wore a tank top in the last one, and I feel like I've seen so many tank tops in other games. It's also so expected that modern times would trade her skirt for pants. The classic outfit looks okay. Sort of. I hope it looks better live and appears in the pre-rendered cutscenes (They didn't in RE2. Would be better if this game just didn't have pre-rendered 1080p cutscenes.) and gets worn and dirty just like the regular one.

Like with RE2, I'll have no choice but to get the classic soundtrack DLC. The new music in RE2 was so bland that I stopped using it halfway into my first playthrough and afterwards only tried it for a couple of seconds at a time before immediately switching back to classic. I never played the original RE2 or 3, so it's not nostalgia. I'm convinced people making games and movies today generally think tuneful, distinct music is corny.

Momock

Augur
I hope it looks better live and appears in the pre-rendered cutscenes (They didn't in RE2. Would be better if this game just didn't have pre-rendered 1080p cutscenes.)
What? They wear their alternate costumes un RE2s cutscenes.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I find these developers boring for going with tank tops over and over. Claire already wore a tank top in the last one, and I feel like I've seen so many tank tops in other games. It's also so expected that modern times would trade her skirt for pants. The classic outfit looks okay. Sort of. I hope it looks better live and appears in the pre-rendered cutscenes (They didn't in RE2. Would be better if this game just didn't have pre-rendered 1080p cutscenes.) and gets worn and dirty just like the regular one.

Like with RE2, I'll have no choice but to get the classic soundtrack DLC. The new music in RE2 was so bland that I stopped using it halfway into my first playthrough and afterwards only tried it for a couple of seconds at a time before immediately switching back to classic. I never played the original RE2 or 3, so it's not nostalgia. I'm convinced people making games and movies today generally think tuneful, distinct music is corny.
No classic RE3 Jill alt = no buy.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I hope it looks better live and appears in the pre-rendered cutscenes (They didn't in RE2. Would be better if this game just didn't have pre-rendered 1080p cutscenes.)
What? They wear their alternate costumes un RE2s cutscenes.
Not the opening cutscene. I didn't check or can't remember if the ending cutscene is pre-rendered.

Ezekiel

Arcane

No classic RE3 Jill alt = no buy.
Right now it's a pre-order bonus. When I say that I hope it looks better live, I'm talking about the single screenshot that they've provided of the remade version.

item_img01.jpg

Ezekiel

Arcane
My mistake... It's just the playthrough B opening that shows the wrong outfit, which is just a montage of the previous opening.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, compared to RE2, it seems they upped the list price by $10 or so in some countries, while keeping USD and Euro prices the same 60.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Some news from Japan.
https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-3-remake-producers-famitsu-interview/
Resident Evil 3 Is in Its Final Adjustments, Will Be More Action-Oriented
Resident Evil 3 Producers Masao Kawada and Peter J. Fabiano shared multiple new details via a Famitsu interview we translated.
Capcom revealed new details on the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 3 in this week’s Famitsu magazine, through an interview with Producers Masao Kawada and Peter J. Fabiano. Here are the biggest points brought up in the interview.

In a nutshell, Resident Evil 3 is about showing the beautifulness and strength of Jill Valentine, and the dread of the Nemesis. While Jill’s design has changed a bit to fit with how the game is more action-oriented than the original, the team kept in mind she’s one of the most popular protagonists of the series and made sure to not change her image too much. Carlos looks different too, but he still has the same hot-blooded personality. If you miss the original designs, they’re included as preorder bonuses DLC for the game.

Next, we also learned via the Famitsu interview that Resident Evil 3‘s development is pretty much complete. Masao Kawada promised the game definitely won’t be delayed from its April 2020 release. Capcom is currently handling the final adjustments of the game, and these are nearly done too, at around 90%.

This REmake will overall be more action-oriented than Resident Evil 2 Remake, all while keeping the charm of the series. The story in RE3 will be starting before the beginning of RE2 and end after its ending. RE3 will also have more changes compared to its original game than what Capcom did with RE2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom