Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Press F to pay respects for all those people who hated Mr. X in REmake 2

Sounds like Nemesis is more like the original Nemi than Remake Mr X.

He stays down for a while after being beaten and you get rewards for fighting him.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Here some raw footage w/o commentary bullshit:

I don't think this will be as good as RE2 Remake.

With that voice he won't drive crazy the foxy ladies, sounds like your regular popamole character. And she seems to be turning uglier in each video.
Otherwise the game seems nice, though it's so dark that the original pre-rendered backgrounds were more shocking in detail (not that they were strictly better, but more crowded with eye-catching stuff) -looking forward to see some day light footage.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
If you can still shove flash grenades down the throat of grabby ghouls I really hope they buff it to burning a niggaz head off when it goes off. It's so very unsatisfying when you do it in 2 and it doesn't do any damage.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Re3R will be like the original a sequel based to its predecessor tech, which I am fine with since RE2 was so good. I just hope they don't become lazy and just release a Code Veronica Remake next year with the same technology and gameplay.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I'm bretty fuckin HYPE for dis gaem.

They need to relis the demo soon, I mean the game is only 1 month away. But the demo will generate alot of H Y P U

Ventidius

Arbiter
I like how mobile Nemesis seems to be in this game. I thought the Mr. X concept in the RE 2 remake had a lot of potential, but also had problems in its execution. One of those issues was the fact that X was too sluggish and rigid to actually be a threat on his own. It was only when there were other enemies around that he was dangerous, and thus he generally failed to create as much challenge and tension as, say, the Xenomorphs in Isolation (which were fast), since you could usually evade him easily enough so long as you planned your routes properly (or had a line of retreat). I liked that he encouraged planning, but he also encouraged inelegant gameplay (retreating into gamey safe rooms).

Thus I think that Nemesis being faster, more evasive, and having ranged options alone should already make him not only much better than X was in the remake of 2, but also go a long way towards making the "dynamic pursuing boss" mechanic a significant strength of the game. However, the matters of how to incapacitate and how to hide/escape from the pursuing boss still remain, as the handling of these wasn't exactly good in the previous game, though it wasn't quite bad either. I'd like to see some improvements on those fronts too.

I'm relieved to see that Jill looks fine, better than Claire in any case, though not as good as Ada. Even though the Julia Voth version of the character's design (especially in REmake) will always be my favorite, the new version actually looks closer to how she looked in OG RE3.

The only thing that I'm worried about is that the game may be lacking in content. The original wasn't exactly a long game to begin with, and the remake of 2 actually felt shorter than OG RE2 (also thanks to less diverse alternative scenarios). They already have the engine, so I imagine they will put more effort on the content this time around, perhaps flesh out some of the old areas, make them bigger and more complex, perhaps even add new areas (Raccoon City has a lot of potential in this regard). I would not worry about them "ruining" the game with new areas, given that the previous game showed that they understood what made old-school RE level design tick. Of course, that's assuming they can keep up the level of quality they achieved in the RE2 remake. If they do hit that level of quality and the game ends up feeling short again, I think Capcom should just eventually bundle both games together as one game for future releases.

I like the addition of dodge move, dealing with bosses and Tyrant in RE2 Remake was annoying when all I had was running at the speed of 90 year old grandpa.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Mr. X's constant action adrenaline chase in RE2R, and making the Nemesis even more of an action-packed dodge-em-rolling-flipping-can't-stop-don't-take-time-to-breathe chase does the opposite of thrill me. I liked that these guys would show up and jump scare me in the original games, but they didn't keep chasing me room after room for hours on end.

There is combat in the original games, but they are not action games. Zombra no like. Bad medicine.

Momock

Augur
Fuck no, not hammer the buttons and wiggle the sticks ffs! I was so happy that that garbage was out of REmake2...

Momock

Augur
The worst was getting up from the ground in RE3 when the nemesis threw us down by masturbating the controler before he picked us up himself. And it looks like we'll have to do that again. :negative:

ultimanecat

Arcane
I guess with the dodge and infinite knife with no defensive items, getting grabbed now means guaranteed damage. That streamer easily mashed out of a dozen grabs though, so on normal difficulty zombies look to barely be a threat.

I only played RE2 Remake on Hardcore difficulty where you generally could only take one hit from most things before dying, and I’ll probably do that here, but I wonder if it keeps the same rules.

I liked the system with using consumables to avoid damage during grab, not liking this QTE replacement. They already added dodge, seems to me like that would've been enough.

sullynathan

Arcane
I believe the mash x to get zombie off you mechanic is based on the original RE3 moving to get zombie off you.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron

Some more info. I'm moderately hyped I guess? I've always wanted a game that really lets me explore raccoon city, but there's plenty of room for them to fuck this up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom