Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
How do you already have access to the demo?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Demo is out on Steam

I've playing it on my brother PS4 last night. Is gud, but for some reason they cut regarding zombies mutilation in terms of visuals. I don't know if this is because it is a demo or maybe is censorship (Since de demo is worldwide and the game is censored in Japan).

Drakortha

Liturgist
Demo is out on Steam

I've playing it on my brother PS4 last night. Is gud, but for some reason they cut regarding zombies mutilation in terms of visuals. I don't know if this is because it is a demo or maybe is censorship (Since de demo is worldwide and the game is censored in Japan).

I noticed this as well. Also the Nemesis execution grab was censored (camera zoomed in and color filter to hide the color of blood). Let's hope this isn't exactly what we're getting in the full release..

randir14

Augur
The game kind of feels like a rush job judging by the demo. Not surprising with it coming out only a year after RE2.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Just finished the demo. Did the Nemesis really just moan "Stiiiirrb!" (German for "die") before the demo ends?

Either way, I found the demo quite alright actually despite the very linear map progression. It's okay, not every game needs to be Skyrim. Technically absolutely astonishing though. If the full version holds up, I'll get it down the road at a healthy discount.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
The game kind of feels like a rush job judging by the demo. Not surprising with it coming out only a year after RE2.
Yeah, RE2 remake felt like every room was crafted with more attention, more so in RE7 . The map looks like interconnected corridors.

randir14

Augur
Just finished the demo. Did the Nemesis really just moan "Stiiiirrb!" (German for "die") before the demo ends?

Either way, I found the demo quite alright actually despite the very linear map progression. It's okay, not every game needs to be Skyrim. Technically absolutely astonishing though. If the full version holds up, I'll get it down the road at a healthy discount.

He said "starssss", since he was sent to hunt down the S.T.A.R.S. members

Ivan

Arcane
More open corridors, so it ran a little worse for me b/c there's more going on in the background. I had a HUGE amount of ammo by the time I was done with the demo, and I wasn't even sneaking/avoiding the zombies much. This makes me think this is going to be MUCH easier than RE 2 if they don't tone that down.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Damn, the visuals are a mixed bag in this game. A lot of things look great, and some are very jarring

I understand the need of Nemesis dissapearing from an area, but it could be animated more graceful

The B team spirit is strong in this one

Drakortha

Liturgist
Damn, the visuals are a mixed bag in this game. A lot of things look great, and some are very jarring

I understand the need of Nemesis dissapearing from an area, but it could be animated more graceful

Wouldn't have been a problem if we got those fixed angles, eh?

JDR13

Arcane
Finished it a little while ago. The visuals and sound are excellent for the most part, and it has the right atmosphere.

Interesting that the Nemesis can now infect zombies and change them. I hope they give some kind of in-game explanation for that.

A horse of course

Looks like the "Fuck this shit I'm out" Mary Poppins meme.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The directional audio is so fucked in this game. Why is the dialogue coming from the surrounds? I played all other RE games in stereo, so I didn't know Capcom was this incompetent with sound. Just because the camera pans right up to Jill doesn't mean her voice should come from the surrounds. Only when she is out of the frame should that happen. Actually, not even then, because she's your avatar.

A horse of course

In a recent interview, Resident Evil 3 Remake art director Yonghee Cho commented on Jill Valentine’s updated look, stating that the character’s previous ‘sex appeal’ was shelved in favor of practicality.

Speaking with Game Informer for the cover story of their latest issue, Cho said that the sex appeal of the original Jill’s design “was not the right direction” and that her new design reflected “a certain level of practicality.”

“There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction. The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that’s going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there’s a certain level of believability in what she’s wearing, a certain level of practicality.”

Sad!

:keepmymoney:

Swigen

Arbiter
April can’t come soon enough! I purchased a GeForce 1050 Ti specifically to play this gaem!

Drakortha

Liturgist
In a recent interview, Resident Evil 3 Remake art director Yonghee Cho commented on Jill Valentine’s updated look, stating that the character’s previous ‘sex appeal’ was shelved in favor of practicality.

Speaking with Game Informer for the cover story of their latest issue, Cho said that the sex appeal of the original Jill’s design “was not the right direction” and that her new design reflected “a certain level of practicality.”

“There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction. The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that’s going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there’s a certain level of believability in what she’s wearing, a certain level of practicality.”

Sad!

What are they even talking about? I didn't see any kind of sex appeal angle coming from the Remake design of Jill. She was certainly attractive, a cute face and healthy physique but there was nothing intentionally "Sexy" about the way she dressed. In fact it was probably more practical than her new outfit in Remake3. The tank top in Remake3 is more revealing of her body than her tactical overalls in Remake and huge shoulder pads.

Not really complaining because I don't have any issue with the way she looks in Remake3. But this is just dumb.

A horse of course

Sad!

What are they even talking about? I didn't see any kind of sex appeal angle coming from the Remake design of Jill. She was certainly attractive, a cute face and healthy physique but there was nothing intentionally "Sexy" about the way she dressed. In fact it was probably more practical than her new outfit in Remake3. The tank top in Remake3 is more revealing of her body than her tactical overalls in Remake and huge shoulder pads.

Not really complaining because I don't have any issue with the way she looks in Remake3. But this is just dumb.

They're referring to the Resident Evil 3 original design. But this Jill is a stronk independent wombyn, so bare shoulders are VERBOTEN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom