Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Zombies are more aggressive and there seems to be knife moves this time for Claire. Did they remove dismemberment or is it toned down for the demo?

Toned down is my guess

Thorakitai

Learned
Is it just me or I'm not feeling the focus on "realism" that was introduced after Resident Evil 7?

The modern remakes looks more "western" and trying too hard to look serious when Resident Evil has a very ridiculous plot.

Of course, this is just an aesthetic complaint since the rest of the games are good.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Really not liking these revolving doors à la L4D style. How Capcom goes from cutscenes of when you open a door to this new remake style of flappy-doors, is beyond me. RE3R looks great and even the over-the-shoulder camera doesn't annoy me too much as a design change in context, but witnessing some zombie flop through a door as if doorknobs and jams don't exist is super silly. Nemesis would also be more frightening if I could actually see him stalking me, instead of Jill just getting slapped around from a hit off-camera.

SumDrunkGuy

Apparentely, the game was released earlier in France, some french player already streamed the game on twitch and finished it in just 5 hours on normal.

giant spiders were cut.
Most Resident Evils can be finished in under 5 hours, and quite easily I might add.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Apparentely, the game was released earlier in France, some french player already streamed the game on twitch and finished it in just 5 hours on normal.
giant spiders were cut.
Most Resident Evils can be finished in under 5 hours, and quite easily I might add.
yeah, but still.
RE3 lacked alternative scenario, but somewhat made up for it with live selection system. RE3R lacks both alternative scenario, live selection and Mercenaries, so it's probably less replayable than RE2, RE2R and original RE3.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Poor Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez

Somewhere in the Underdark.

THIS IS BULLSHIT

tenor.gif

Bigg Boss

Arcane

That beret she is wearing has to be the least convincing beret I have seen in my life. I wonder if they know how snug those things are on your head? They don't just float on top of it. But yeah she is acting really bitchy. One of those monsters needs to stick something down her throat to shut her up.

iu

A horse of course

That beret she is wearing has to be the least convincing beret I have seen in my life. I wonder if they know how snug those things are on your head? They don't just float on top of it. But yeah she is acting really bitchy. One of those monsters needs to stick something down her throat to shut her up.

iu

I miss mongobongo :(

Also, they really need to fix her awful skin. I can't fap to that acne.

4FkTK1Z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonKing

Arcane
Do zombies still take 10 bullets to the head before they stay down?

I tried the demo and it doesn't seem very consistent (might just be the wobbly aim though). I always find myself double tapping downed zombies in these games (despite the lack of ammo) as they tend to get up again at the worst possible moment.

A horse of course

Do zombies still take 10 bullets to the head before they stay down?

I tried the demo and it doesn't seem very consistent (might just be the wobbly aim though). I always find myself double tapping downed zombies in these games (despite the lack of ammo) as they tend to get up again at the worst possible moment.

It probably has the idiotic "adaptive difficulty" of RE2 (decreases weapon damage, a bunch of other buffs/debuffs depending on how well the player is doing).

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
No matter how much the difficulty changes dinamically during a playthrough. In RE2 remake you are able to kill the zombies in 6-8 shots with the weaker pistol if you know how to aim.

In the demo of RE3 remake zombies die after 4 or 5 shots in the head shrinking the reticle completely (Is important to do this in both games, it increases the damage and the critical hit chances). The demo is on normal difficulty but I would say that zombies are weaker in this game than they were in RE2 remake, but I cannot be trusted in this regard because I always played the last game on hardcore. Definitely is easier to kill them in RE3, since the knife is unbreakable and you can finish zombies on the floor by stabbing them in the head.

Terra

Cipher
Finished the demo and I just didn't come away from it hugely impressed tbh. It felt like REMake2.5, which is ok and expected I guess but I think I was expecting a little more from Nemesis. Witnessing his Spiderman-esque quick getaways were the main thing that stuck with me from the demo due to how ridiculous it looked. Maybe it'll feel different when he has a proper intro and build-up in the final game but it definitely felt like something was off/missing with that demo compared to the one they released for RE2. Nemesis back in RE3 originally felt like a big step up from RE2's primitive Mr.X, what with being able to traverse rooms, run at you, etc, now it's Nemesis that feels primitive, replete with a weird Spiderman escape trick because the devs couldn't figure out a better way for him to disappear in places he's not allowed to be in.

A horse of course

Good news lads, 26regionsfm just released his first Jill scene for Patreons :bunkertime:

HhkESyB.jpg

edit: My review - Pretty low quality. The lighting and camera work is alright, but the model itself is extremely inflexible and as a result only a couple of very boring positions are used. Samus and the Unknown Planet 3 Remake is a much better display of the artist's skills. Hopefully when a proper, fully-modified nuJill model is released we can get some real NemesisKino.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom