Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Ermm

Erudite
First exclusive gameplay video for Resident Impossible: Zombie Protocol

!

P.S. LOL at how the zombies are falling over each other at the stairs.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Stupid and slow zombies in a fast-paced action game? Seriously?

Phelot

Arcane
At least they're done with the culture erradication missions.

I want to kill Spaniards and black people.

Stupid and slow zombies in a fast-paced action game? Seriously?

Yeah, this looks pathetic. The poor zombies appear to be standing around waiting to be killed. They don't even appear to move until Leon is doing snappy Mortal Kombat finish em's.

Hey, Leon's back. Finally a protagonist I do not want to kill.

Blah! Give me a screeching Jill Valentine over him any day. :cool:

Phelot

Arcane
Speaking of which, which first 3 RE games was the best?

I barely recall 1 and 3. I do remember vividly my parents wanting me to turn the volume down when Jill talked. I think 2 was my favorite. I haven't played an RE game in years.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think they all had something awesome. The first one for the haunted house atmosphere and cheesy B-movie comedy. The mansion was really awesome. The second one was more polished and overall a better game. The third one I actually don't remember much of, just that I liked it and that it had some silly QTE's that I didn't like.
I can't remember if it was RE2 or RE3 that had the Next Game+ feature where you had to play the game normally, except for the whole duration of the game you had a Nemesis follow you, and he'd blow up doors with his rocket launcher and oh god shit was so intense. I think it was RE2.

Deitti

Augur
RE2 was by far the best of the series, police station was truly something good when it came to survival horror.

As for RE6, looks like another action game i might play through once in coop and then forget it completely.

Ermm

Erudite
Resident Evil 2 that might have been

Police station actually looked like a station, and soundtrack is pretty good and atmospheric.

Phelot

Arcane
:lol: What you didn't like the fact that the police station looked like a really old office building that uses various antiques for locks and keys?

Ermm

Erudite
No, I wanted to look for antiques and keys in a police station that looked like a police station.

Ermm

Erudite
Why do you need to cover from zombies? Are they going to get guns like in RE5?

Probably because you will have to spend large portion of the game popping Umbrella mole soldier, bioterrorist heads behind a cover (look for the first trailer) instead of fighting against, well, zombies.

lightbane

Arcane
Looks like Leon became even more of a space marine than he was before in RE4. Although he still has a lot to learn if he wants to surpass RE5's "punch a giant rock to death" scene.

dextermorgan

Arcane
I can't remember if it was RE2 or RE3 that had the Next Game+ feature where you had to play the game normally, except for the whole duration of the game you had a Nemesis follow you, and he'd blow up doors with his rocket launcher and oh god shit was so intense. I think it was RE2.
It was RE3 actually. It's called RE3: Nemesis after all. IIRC, if you managed to defeat him during those encounters he dropped weapon parts. Don't recall what sort of weapon it was though.

Machocruz

Arcane
How much of a threat can these zombies be if you can just walk up and do exotic cinematic kill moves? That's what Night of the Living Dead was missing.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
See, Resident Evil 4 was a genuinely good game and had the elements of classic survival horror - ammo and weapon management, puzzle-solving, challenging and deadly enemies, great sense of tension. It was stupid in a lot of ways but it was one of my favourite games of its generation.

This just looks like another goddamn Gears of War clone - mow down legions of enemies from behind cover, repeat. Fuck, why does everything have to be a cover-based shooter? Didn't we get over that shit like 5 years ago?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom