Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
If this guy is sarcastic, the video is fucking genius.

"When you die, and it's not your fault, and you couldn't help it, it's absolutely REALISTIC."
"I honestly like this libertarian laissez-faire gameplay."
:hmmm:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
If this flops, some guy in a boardroom will resign publicly, which will make everything a-ok, no need to learn anything, then we get it all over again in 3 years. :japan:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
It's a spectacular opening, can see where the efforts of the 600 man team went. It has fuck all to do with resident evil though...they wanted a big budget shooter franchise, they hijacked the only IP that's worth a damn.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, it really kills me what they've become.
The japs.
These goddamn ridiculous plots that even me, all coked out and manic, cannot buy into.
Fucking conspiracy theorist bullshit and all that jazz, plus umbrella being the super mega corp and wesker having clones and all this ridiculous dogshit.
Whatever happened to plain old survival horror?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Resident Evil 6 fucking disappoints me man. They turned it into a Gears clone, took out any element of creepiness or horror, and threw in a bunch of shitty story elements designed to be clever, but are actually so beyond clever it's not even funny. Remake Resident Evil 2 as good as you did 1 and then we'll talk. Until then, go fuck yourself Capcom.

Sincerely, a die hard Resident Evil fan.

P.S You suck at making action games.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I CAN DO POPAMOLE AND RE6 DEMO SUCKED FOR FAGBOX

EVEN ON MY NEW TV THAT IS ALOT BIGGER THAN MY WIFES AND SHE IS A SLUT

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Moar and BIGGER: The definitive recipe for failure and mass layoffs.

Actually, thats the definition of a good sequel. The proper definition would be change and dumb down

Ermm

Erudite
More and bigger nowadays means 100 mil marketing campaigns, celebrity voice casting, pre-launch parties in Hollywood (RE6 actually did that), broader appeal (while appealing to hardcore fans of course).

spekkio

Arcane
And I thought RE: CV was hitting the bottom.

Capcom - never stops to amaze...

:roll:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
There is/was a RE remake REmake mod project for source. Several of them, too

I haven't checked it in years but I suspect it's still semi-vaporware for now
you're already married again?

UserNamer

Cipher
resident evil 4 > the original resident evils

face it, the original ones were basically the same thing full of silliness like bazokaaing super soldiers and shooting acid grenades at various kind of monsters... resident evil 4 just made it more fun.

I really don't get the worship of the originals, like they were some complex and intelligent (yeah lol) games. I didn't play 5, only 4 (a fantastic action game that was silly but with some creepy and scary moments, and a great setting), and I didn't watch many re6 vids too closely, I just wanted to defend resident evil 4

resident evil 4 > the original resident evils

I agree. RE4 is a great survival/action game, originals were mediocre survival/horror games that stopped seeming the least bit scary to me after I played Silent Hill 1. It's not that RE 1-3 aren't enjoyable but I prefer this franchise as a cheesy action without pretensions to being scary. Not to say that RE6 isn't in danger of turning out to be utter shit, but I certainly had a lot of fun with 4 and 5. Of course survival aspect has been toned down since 4 in that you aren't running away from fights anymore, but you still have to be careful with resources and you still can run out of ammo fast if you don't make shots count.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO JUST SEOEREATED NOT ACTUALLY DIVORCED YET IT IS GREAT MY WIFE IS FUCKING LOITS OF PEOPLE

SIX WEEKS TILL DIVORCE

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
And I thought RE: CV was hitting the bottom.

Capcom - never stops to amaze...

:roll:
Code Veronica was the last RE that was actually worthy to carry the name...

Also RE4 was fucking shit and started the decline :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom