Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
RE4 was decent but yeah it started the decline.
I think Code Veronica was shit tho. Genetics were interesting, but the story and characters were utter shit.
They go from barely being able to develop a bio weapon to fucking super shit in how short a time? Nah, not likely. Just too advanced scientifically.

Ermm

Erudite
What is Barry up to after RE3? Any expanded universe expert knows that?

I think it's time for Barry to get his own RE game. Why he has been gone so long under the radar?

And am I the only one who thinks that they need to add some new iconic characters? Sure, we all know Leon, Chris, Jill etc. (that Jake dude doesn't count) but it seems they can't get away from them. They should kill at least one major character for some drama (actually Leon was supposed to die in early RE4 version, where as I heard he was infected with T-Virus, and because of that had these supernatural visions from that video that is circulating on net).

Ermm

Erudite
Just found this gem. I completely forgot about this :lol: Even tears of angel are not so beautiful, or maybe it just sounds like a hokey retarded circus music.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Game would have been so much better had Leon died and we had to play as Ava or something.
They should definitely kill off characters man. Fuck it.

Ermm

Erudite
Well, as far as I see it, characters of RE now feels like ''Expendables (aka Invincibles).''

Maybe they should not kill a major character, but someone who is minor, and still fairly known, like Sherry Birkin, Carlos etc. Not that story is very important to RE, but damn, they are just stockpiling all the good guys/girls, and that is just not interesting anymore. Maybe they should kill Jill, because it really feels like we are not going to control her anymore. Maybe by killing one of the main characters is something that RE needs to get a little bit out of it's own drivel.

They got rid of Wesker, but after I experienced RE4, didn't really cared about him anymore.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Just found this gem. I completely forgot about this :lol: Even tears of angel are not so beautiful, or maybe it just sounds like a hokey retarded circus music.

Is this song directors cut only? dont remember this one,and i played 7 times

Ermm

Erudite
Who knows from where it came from. Apparently from Director's Cut? I've heard it before, maybe not from the in-game itself.

Bladderwrack

Augur
It's from the Dual Shock version of the Director's Cut (A director's cut of a director's cut?) It had a "new and improved" orchestrated soundtrack.

This was the original version which sounds nothing like it

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Just emulate it.

I second that. It works like a dream.

No, Resident Evil 6 is not very good at all, unless you love a crappy clone of Gears of War, lots of QTE nonsense, tons of Michael Bay style 'splosions exploding on top of other explosions, numerous door kicking scenes sprinkled throughout the boring room clearing exercises, with basically the same Resident Evil story that has been told for the past 15 fucking years - Someone wants to destroy the world with BOW's and only you can stop them. As a die hard RE fan, I am not only pissed, I'm almost depressed. I thought RE 5 was bad for the series. Fuck me sideways. I would take RE 5 over this lump of shit any day. Code Veronica; One of my least favorites in the core series...a masterpiece compared to RE 6. They might want to consider killing some of the cast off, making a legitimate survival horror "spin off" (lulz), or just reboot the whole fucking franchise from the beginning. Then again, Capcom is involved so it will probably fail anyway. I found myself playing Resident Evil Remake just to get a fix after playing RE 6. They said they would make a remake of RE 2 after this if enough fans wanted it, but I'm afraid that more people will want to see more of this current style of RE game instead.

:x

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Finally decided to play the RE serie. Well I had played the first one a few years ago and was disapointed to see how mediocre it was given the hype. I played RE2 for a bit but for some reason (probably time) did not do much — I think I only did Leon A back then! It's certainly a much better game than RE1, though it still has awful puzzles. Gonna start Nemesis after that and then the PC port of RE4 and see. Maybe I'll try to emulate the RE remake to check if they improved things a bit, though I somehow doubt it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Finally decided to play the RE serie. Well I had played the first one a few years ago and was disapointed to see how mediocre it was given the hype. I played RE2 for a bit but for some reason (probably time) did not do much — I think I only did Leon A back then! It's certainly a much better game than RE1, though it still has awful puzzles. Gonna start Nemesis after that and then the PC port of RE4 and see. Maybe I'll try to emulate the RE remake to check if they improved things a bit, though I somehow doubt it.

The remake is pretty spot on, at least with my setup (which isn't very good tbh), so I would recommend remake as a must play as far as Resident Evil is concerned. You do have to tweak the settings to adjust the audio just right, but I haven't had any glaring bugs disrupt the game. I played it two years ago and I couldn't say the same then, unless of course you have a Gamecube, but who has one of those anymore?:D

I liked Resident Evil 3 quite a bit, more so than 1 and 2 in fact. Nemesis makes for a pretty good antagonist the whole way through, and the gun loading stations were pretty fun to tinker with, not to mention the all important roll and turn around maneuvers they added. I haven't tried the pc port of RE 4 yet, so I might grab that next. I heard they had some decent mods for it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
But what is changed in the remake, apart from the obvious graphic update?

I heard the RE3 was pretty good, despite most people praising the second one (which is a decent game) and the first (I still don't know why). Most complaints appear to stem from the fact that you only have one character while RE2 let's you play 2 characters with 2 scenarios each, but in fact those are pretty much re-arranged scenarios with a few actions playing out different and some items that change locations. Anyway I'll see for myself how RE3 plays.

For RE4, I just briefly tried the pc version to see how it worked. Seems to work well with a X360 pad (I don't feel like using that mouse mod) and a mod to replace the button prompts on screen to match the X360 buttons. I'm not sure I'd need more than that.

Machocruz

Arcane

They added a new area that introduces a new...antagonist.

You can find a limited supply of defense weapons that you can activate when grabbed by a zombie for an instant kill

A new zombie type that is pretty intimidating

A couple extra boss encounters.

Added a seeming increase in awesomeness.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

I heard the RE3 was pretty good, despite most people praising the second one (which is a decent game) and the first (I still don't know why). Most complaints appear to stem from the fact that you only have one character while RE2 let's you play 2 characters with 2 scenarios each, but in fact those are pretty much re-arranged scenarios with a few actions playing out different and some items that change locations. Anyway I'll see for myself how RE3 plays.

For RE4, I just briefly tried the pc version to see how it worked. Seems to work well with a X360 pad (I don't feel like using that mouse mod) and a mod to replace the button prompts on screen to match the X360 buttons. I'm not sure I'd need more than that.
Best RE4 version is the gamecube one, don't know if it's the same version on PC.

Doesn't the PC/PS2 version of RE4 have more content though? I mean unlockables, like Ada's campaign.

There's also an improved textures and higher quality custcenes packs. Not really necessary, but I cannot think of anything else that would be needed. As long you play it with gamepad it's a perfectly fine port.

GreyViper

Prophet
Everything gamespot said about RE6 was pretty much spot on, they could have just made a movie out of it. The good so much as there was is that it had 3 campaigns compared to some previous ones, RE2 did it better IMHO. Of all the new faces thrown in the only one I liked was Pierce and he was a dead man walking anyway. Which brings up the bringer of death syndrome, best experienced by Leon. Every time he encounters civilians/survivors you can bet they die horribly, hes like a walking bad omen. Less so noticeable with Chris and others, but its still there. What else, oh yeah the inability to open doors solo, must really make their daily life hard, getting to bathroom without partner might be no go. This game wants to be so many things and fails at that, its like it borrows from L4D, GOW, Dead Space and COD yet result is somewhat better then RE5 and even that nothing to cheer at.

Another thing that bothered me about Leon campaign was that church/lab/catacomb/water maze/caves. The FU** came up with that design and the mutant Shark was Oh WOW moment. And lets not even mention the Final End Boss that just could have ben another generic monster nr 999.

In the end Dino Crisis 2 had more repaly value then this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom