Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Tehdagah

Arcane
(...) What else, oh yeah the inability to open doors solo, must really make their daily life hard, getting to bathroom without partner might be no go.
You really didn't notice why this exists.

Anyway, Gamespot review at core = "lol too much explosions the game sucks"

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I caved in and bought it. Leons campaign is pretty fun if you can get pass the constant vehicle crashes, whether it be bus, train, airplane, helicopter, tank, or car, you will crash and barely make it away from it with no survivors. It seems like they used every trope in the book on this one. Chris's campaign has been pretty boring so far. I'm thinking they should have stuck to one long campaign instead of 4 short ones. Leon's ending was so quick and anticlimactic it's not even funny. Something about the game feels...rushed and sloppy. I find it amusing that this game shares problems with Operation Raccoon City. Agent Hunt and Mercenaries is pretty entertaining at least because the story is lacking a lot. Of course the story has never been that great, but it's even more apparent this time around. I'm thinking a 7 out of 10 rating is about right, if not lower.

GeorgeWood

Educated
You need to appreciate that Capcom has pushed the envelope and has made RE as fun, pick-up and play video game series. It's like a cross between Mission Impossible, Day of The Dead, and James Bond in one package.

Did you guys saw that airplane crashing scene?

WOW, I really thought for a moment that Tom Cruise took over.

Speaking of which, Capcom really need to add Tom Cruise likeness in the next game, and maybe get him to do voice acting. Imagine RE7, playing as Ethan Hunt, fighting against evil Umbrella Corporation, while disposing of the zombies in the best traditions of Honk Kong action cinema movies.

Good job Capcom. You are really pushing the envelope.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I wonder if this stuff can be hidden easily with effort

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So I broke down and bought the fucking game. I guess they won on that one. Two of the campaigns were ok, but the other two, for the love of God, I barely endured them. Mercenaries mode only comes with 3 lousy maps, but is pretty fun despite that. Agent Hunt mode has sluggish controls which makes it decent for a timesink but not much other than that. Overall, it may be the least impressive title to date. The secret campaign had me going for a time until it intersected with more of the same boss fights in the other campaigns, then it just trudged on until the end rather unimpressively. Massive disappointment is an understatement. I hope someone loses their job over this, but it looks like it sold well despite the shittiness. I guess it did take me 31 hours to beat all the campaigns, but it felt like more of a chore than real enjoyment. I see fanboys praising the massive amount of content but I don't see it. The entire game is on rails practically, they throw in a bunch of shitty turret and vehicle scenes that are on par with PS2 games and people stick up for this shit? Sure they will be adding a new difficulty mode, a couple of melee moves, and taunts, but will they add a decent story and game along with that, because I'm not seeing it? Chris and Jakes campaign was fucking boring, other than a few key moments, so why not make two good campaigns instead of 4 barely passable ones? I used to like Capcom but now I think I hate them. They turned a survival horror series into a lame ass sci-fi action game that feels like every other lame ass action game on the market. To appeal to more fans they say? Like the goddamn game wouldn't sell enough copies on NAME ALONE!? A pox on them I say. A pox!

spekkio

Arcane
WTF, dude? Don't you know that RE4 was the best RE evar and revitalized this shitty franchise (well, according to some 'dexers)?
More akshun and QTE can only make RE series better, fuck cheap scares, limited ammo and B-movie feel. It's not 1996, for fuck's sake.

:troll:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
WTF, dude? Don't you know that RE4 was the best RE evar and revitalized this shitty franchise (well, according to some 'dexers)?
More akshun and QTE can only make RE series better, fuck cheap scares, limited ammo and B-movie feel. It's not 1996, for fuck's sake.

:troll:

With respect, those 'dexers can go die in a ditch somewhere. RE 4 was good but I wouldn't consider it the best. I've heard people call it the best game ever. o_O

GeorgeWood

Educated
Resident Evil 4 was FUN, with the big F. Just wait until you shoot one of the zombie spaniards, and a tentacle monster comes out where his head used to be. That's cool. Sad thing is that I didn't saw any tentacle monsters bursting out of zombie chest's.

The mythical troll's found in this game, are obviously trolls from LOTR movies, which gives the game that Peter Jackson feeling. Sure, video games ripped off LOTR more shamelessly around that time. But just taking down one of those beasties is a feat in itself, almost like taking down Bowser. Speaking of which, Ashley really reminded me of Princess Peach. Remember in Super Mario Brothers that famous line ''Our Princess is in another castle''? Well, that line is not found in RE4, but in terms of how many times she dies, it will make to scratch your eyes out because of anger. We really had a guilty pleasure just taking her out in different ways.

Design of RE4 was clearly inspired by Hitman 2. Sure, there is no stealth, and there is a fantastical element at play in RE4, but since you are killing these innocent spaniard zombies indiscriminately, you will wonder, where is the bald head and signature black suit.

One other inspiration is Diablo, with it's RPG-like loot system, with enemies dropping chests. Resident Evil 6 could've continued the RPG-like system of RE4, but we are all happy how it turned out.

RE4 actually is almost the same as the old RE's, only in a modern package. Play it. And it's one of our top games, only a little bit behind Donkey Kong Country.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I broke down and bought the fucking game. I guess they won on that one.
I hope someone loses their job over this, but it looks like it sold well despite the shittiness.
So I broke down and bought the fucking game.
it looks like it sold well despite the shittiness.
So I bought the fucking game.
it sold well

Gee, I wonder why? No, TorontRayne, you are the fanboys.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It sure is. Pretty ironic is it not? I know I am a Resident Evil fanboy. Thats what makes it even worse. I am now a fanboy of something I hate. I feel conflicted. At least I bitched before I bought it right? Better than happily running to the store at midnight launch I suppose. I honestly wanted to give the game a shot before writing it off completely since all I had was conflicting reports from a wide range of gamer types. I couldn't truly know if it was shit without trying it, even though I had a suspicion after viewing all of the action movie style trailers and whatnot. I thought, maybe one of these campaigns will feel like the old games, possibly Leons right? At least Resident Evil 4 had a good horror atmosphere. Resident Evil 6 feels closer to the crap movies tbh. Ada's campaign almost felt like the old titles until about halfway through when it turned to shit. Such a damn shame. Anyway, I'm done bitching now. I'm over it. :D

Also, yeah I have bought most of the Resi games, even the crap ones, but at least I didn't buy Operation Raccoon City...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I was going to, but it was out at the redbox, and I didn't feel like driving to the next town to rent it (small town). I needed something new to play and I didn't know Dishonored was coming out so soon. It was kinda an impulse buy, which I normally try to stray away from. I actually bought it at Walmart! I never buy games there! I mean, I have gotten about 40 hours out of the game so far, but half of those were not very enjoyable. I am enjoying playing Anachronox on the side though. :)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You deserve every miserable hour you play with that game.
Firstly for buying it, secondly for buying it at Walmart.
You a nigger or something, son?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You deserve every miserable hour you play with that game.
Firstly for buying it, secondly for buying it at Walmart.
You a nigger or something, son?

Well, the nearest game store is over an hour away. Not too many niggers around here. Mainly injuns. You are right though. I do deserve it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You're pretty late to the haterade party. That shit happened over a month ago. New Fagas? Pfft. :roll:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I can't imagine myself playing 40 hours of a game I don't like. Well, I did it with Morrowind.

It was an attempt at getting my money's worth. I wrote a short review of it elsewhere, so I figured I needed to try all of the content before judging the game. Like I said, Ada and Leon's campaign was halfway enjoyable, so it wasn't a complete shit pickle. Definitely not a great game though.

Ermm

Erudite
I can't imagine myself playing 40 hours of a game I don't like. Well, I did it with Morrowind.

It was an attempt at getting my money's worth.

Sane people would just try to give them the shitty game back and to get back his money.

As it was said earlier......

''No TorontRayne, you are the fanboys.''

So I bought the fucking game.
it sold well

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom