Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Is it the worst one yet?

Yes. Definitely worse than 5. Even 4 was better than that giant pile of shit.

Sane people would just try to give them the shitty game back and to get back his money.

As it was said earlier......

''No TorontRayne, you are the fanboys.''
Uhhh...I did get my money back along with a different game, which I traded in again for more money, with little trade value lost in the process. A fanboy would probably like the game even though it sucked, possibly justifying the games awful fucking choices along with it, and blindly eating up further iterations of awful DLC in the process. I think I lost my fanboy status after this one personally, but it doesn't matter much either way. The game fucking sucks. The game would have sold well even if I didn't buy the game, although I understand your belief that you should not contribute to the decline however, the vast majority of shit eating retards aren't going away anytime soon, so it's ultimately pointless. Unless you can systematically murder all of the 12 year old kids in the world, the decline will never stop. Besides, Capcom got the point after the catastrophic reviews across the web. If not, fuck it. Resident Evil is suffering from sequelitis anyway. Kill the series or reboot it back to it's roots, otehrwise I won't bother anymore.

P.S. I'm not even close to sane. :cool:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
A reboot of a reboot of a reboot?
Genius! Must be a hollywood jew!

Heh. Well, Resident Evil Remake is possibly the best title in the series. I should have said remake I suppose, because a reboot would possibly cover what the remake already did. A Remake of Resi 2 would suit me fine. It seems they ran out of story ideas anyway. Honestly I would be fine if the series died, rather than running it even further into the ground. Capcom won't do that though, so they need to drastically change things up (revert to the originals), get rid of the QTE shit, stick to a smaller development team, and possibly beg forgiveness from Shinji Mikami so he comes back into the fold. Without him the games have just been godawful.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
After 4 I believe. He worked on Shadows of the Damned though and that was a better game than Resident Evil 5 or 6.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Cool, wasnt there a situation where some director took control of 4 after a bit because it was starting to be the same old thing over and over?
Might have been a reason.

Ermm

Erudite
Is it the worst one yet?

Yes. Definitely worse than 5. Even 4 was better than that giant pile of shit.

Sane people would just try to give them the shitty game back and to get back his money.

As it was said earlier......

''No TorontRayne, you are the fanboys.''
Uhhh...I did get my money back along with a different game, which I traded in again for more money, with little trade value lost in the process. A fanboy would probably like the game even though it sucked, possibly justifying the games awful fucking choices along with it, and blindly eating up further iterations of awful DLC in the process. I think I lost my fanboy status after this one personally, but it doesn't matter much either way. The game fucking sucks. The game would have sold well even if I didn't buy the game, although I understand your belief that you should not contribute to the decline however, the vast majority of shit eating retards aren't going away anytime soon, so it's ultimately pointless. Unless you can systematically murder all of the 12 year old kids in the world, the decline will never stop. Besides, Capcom got the point after the catastrophic reviews across the web. If not, fuck it. Resident Evil is suffering from sequelitis anyway. Kill the series or reboot it back to it's roots, otehrwise I won't bother anymore.

P.S. I'm not even close to sane. :cool:

Actually, Capcom says that RE6 is only succesful to a certain degree, because it has sold 4.5 mil, on two consoles, while at the same time, RE2 sold 4.96 mil copies on PSOne alone.

Still, I don't think you have gotten smarter, so you will probably buy all the DLC's, while at the same time wondering how good DLC's are selling.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Cool, wasnt there a situation where some director took control of 4 after a bit because it was starting to be the same old thing over and over?
Might have been a reason.

Mikami took over 4 since the other guy wasn't doing a great job...or something to that effect.

Actually, Capcom says that RE6 is only succesful to a certain degree, because it has sold 4.5 mil, on two consoles, while at the same time, RE2 sold 4.96 mil copies on PSOne alone.

Still, I don't think you have gotten smarter, so you will probably buy all the DLC's, while at the same time wondering how good DLC's are selling.
Yeah, Resident Evil 2 has sold quite a bit and has also been out since the late 90's, not to mention that it's available on the PlayStation store atm. Fucking retard. Plus I can't buy the DLC since I already sold the game. Are you willfully dense or what? Let me guess, "HER DER YOUR SO STUPIDEZ TORONT!"
:troll:

Ermm

Erudite
Some RE bros got cancelled earlier RE2 version and are employing their ''Masters of Superhacking'' to do some secret programming stuff......in secret places, to get this game in more enjoyable state.

Can't wait for this. Gorilla's look funny, though.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Some RE bros got cancelled RE2 version and are employing their ''Masters of Superhacking'' to do some secret coding stuff......in secret places, to get this game in more enjoyable state.

Can't wait for this. Gorilla's look funny, though.

I always wanted to try out Resident Evil 1.5. I suppose they will link to the release when it gets finished? I understand the secrecy and all that, but is there any way to keep tabs on the project? That looks fucking awesome, aside from the goofy Gorillas, which kinda look like retarded versions of the Hunters.

Ermm

Erudite
This project is pretty secretive right now, and MrBZork channel is the only source of news for this. Lots on speculation on www.the-horror.com (fan site and fan forum for RE series), but only speculation.
It's better that there is no official site for this project etc., since Capcom used it's full lawyer force when some other RE beta almost got leaked.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This project is pretty secretive right now, and MrBZork channel is the only source of news for this. Lots on speculation on www.the-horror.com (fan site and fan forum for RE series), but only speculation.
It's better that there is no official site for this project etc., since Capcom used it's full lawyer force when some other RE beta almost got leaked.

Agreed. I remember last time they got bent out of shape over that stuff. The fixed camera was so much better too. Ahh the good old days...

PrettyDeadman

This one might be the best one yet in series.
I am finishing leon campaign at the moment, still many more to go.
Fighting against the gian fly boss. It's very spooky.
The game is unironically not bad.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm playing this with a buddy. That's the only reason I'm playing this.

We finished the Leon/Helena story, which wasn't all bad and had some good set pieces. Starting off with a long fucking QTE festival was not a good move, but the "classic" RE gameplay is fun once you get to it.

Moving on to the Chris/Piers story, god this is awful.
In theory I like the idea of experimenting with four different playstyles through four different stories, but the Gears of War gameplay is not done well. Throw in random vehicle sections with no opportunity to get used to the controls and you have a real head-shaker. The fun to be had here is only in insulting the game when it is (often) bad. "Way to go, Resident Evil 6" is my new catchphrase. We're still plodding through this part.

Not looking forward to the Sherry/Jake story which I guess doesn't really have a gameplay theme? Random grab bag? I'm sure there'll be constantly changing controls there too.

Ada's puzzle story sounds cool, though reviews have panned it so my expectations aren't high.

In general, the super ridiculous over the top exploding helicopter flying city fire bombs missiles nukes jumping falling collapsing building car jumping explosion explosion explosion explosion setting is really stupid. It starts off stupid and keeps trying to top itself. There's no tension to any of it. Really sad as masterful tension building was what made RE great in the first place. Luckily they relearned what tension means to horror and brought it back for RE7 and RE2-remake.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is 6 even worth fucking with at all? I've heard the Leon campaign is worth playing at least.
At all? Eh. There are a few good scenes and unique set pieces that are actually cool in there, but they are buried under a mountain of garbage, and none of them are good enough to make the rest of it worth it. See my previous post in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom