Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revamped Zero Sum Website

chaedwards

Liturgist
Now looking shiny and up to date. It confirms that Prelude is coming out as freeware after having been patched to 1.6, with the following improvements:"
Improved user interface.
New screen resolution options, including 1280 by 1024.
Improved journal.
Improved terrain texturing.
New NPC portraits.
New unique items.
New quests.
New cutscenes pertaining to the main plot.
Multiple fixes to scripts/quests.
New music.
New creature sound effects.
Playbalancing.
Walkthrough (available online).

It also has a quote from Naked Lunch on the front page saying how great the game is, although they have called him Naked Cow, which is quite amusing. And there are loads of other testimonials from the boards here at http://zero-sum.com/testimonials.html

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I've been talking to CP a lot over gMail, so the updates themselves come as no suprise to me. The fact that they're actually getting it done as opposed to just sending out announcements and making mundane updates on their website sure did, though.

YES!

Edit: News item worthy?

obediah

Erudite
Ooh, I need a new fix and my wife has threatened to beat the shit out of me if I spend money on anything but christmas presents. :)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Great news, this game is sure to get on the underdogs. The rp aspect was great,with lots of ways to do quests and stats that really mattered. It had a pretty large world and some great turn based combat. Never bought it myself due to it crashing every 5 minutes or so. :cry:

Always good to see developers continuing to support their games (cough troika cough)

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Where did you download your demo? The one on the older Zero Sum website was buggy and very unstable (It was a beta, afterall) but I think download.com or GamersHell has an updated copy that's been running smooth as silk for me.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Great news, I loved this game when it first came out. Would be nice to see an add-on/sequel that focused more on the Vangesh, since what little was revealed about their culture in the game was interesting. Oh, and it definitely needs more Byzantine influences...

Deacdo

Liturgist
This game sounds interesting. If a stable version is released I'll have to give it a go.

Jed

Cipher
I played this game a couple of years ago, and the stability is nowhere near as big an issue as people are making it out to be. I got probably five CTDs during the whole length of the game.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Stability is only a big issue if you're playing the beta versions. Bugs and perfomance have been greatly fixed/improved in later versions.

crpgnut

Augur
Yep, the game was pretty stable. SP and I would email this guy and he would fix the game almost as quickly as we could bug him about it. I'm glad to see it released as freeware. I know Mat has a full-time job elsewhere now, but PTD was his labor of love. It's a good game that didn't reward exploration so I hope that this issue was addressed. There needs to be some hidden goodies to find out in the wilds, whether it be hidden caves, bandit lairs, or just loot that's lying around. I'm betting that this got addressed.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I don't know if he's fixed that, but you surely ask him. I just got an email from CP that they're wrapping things up and are just waiting to test a bit more and for last-minute suggestions. Give it a shot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom