Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rhianna Pratchett wants to reboot the cult-classic No One Lives Forever

Norfleet

Maybe she's met Anna Chapman. :P

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I just made the mistake of googling Rhianna Pratchett

maxresdefault.jpg

If she isn't an SJW wombyn I'm an attack helicopter...

laclongquan

Arcane
Who da FOOK is Rhianna Pratchett?
Terry Pratchett's daughter. Just be happy she isn't laying her hands on Discworld.

I really hope she sticks to this, but considering how her ego expands with everything she writes.

She'll probably be calling her late father a shitlord in a couple of years.

She probabbly did lay her hands on his books already.

The last few books before he died, like anything after Money, they are soulless and humorless.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who da FOOK is Rhianna Pratchett?
Terry Pratchett's daughter. Just be happy she isn't laying her hands on Discworld.

I really hope she sticks to this, but considering how her ego expands with everything she writes.

She'll probably be calling her late father a shitlord in a couple of years.

She probabbly did lay her hands on his books already.

The last few books before he died, like anything after Money, they are soulless and humorless.

I always suspected that was more likely his aide.

I seem to remember the guy admitted he "helped" with grammar and structure at times.

NOLF I & II are some of the best games ever made. Oddly, it also seems to be highly overlooked in the history of gaming. It would be an atrocity to see this game perverted and ruined. Taking interest in the character because she was female is a huge red flag.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
That woman is responsible for Nu-Lara? That explains a lot.

If she likes the female spy concept so much, she can propose her own new character, instead of relying (and probably ruining) Cate Archer.

She won't because that would require actual effort.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
She is in her forties now. Pretty sure I threw it a wank during my teenage years when she freelanced for PC Zone. Fuck me what a great publication that was back in the day.

1.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
Go for it, NOLF is overrated anyway. Fight me, it only makes my opinions worse.

The plots of the new Tomb Raider games are dull as shit and give permanent narcolepsy to anyone who glimpses a single second of them, but she also wrote the original Mirror's Edge, which has a decent enough action plot that serves the gameplay well and doesn't waste your time with a bunch of inane nonsense (unlike Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - still genuinely have no clue what the fuck is happening in that game). If she can pull that off again, then we're good to go.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

The plots of the new Tomb Raider games are dull as shit and give permanent narcolepsy to anyone who glimpses a single second of them, but she also wrote the original Mirror's Edge, which has a decent enough action plot that serves the gameplay well and doesn't waste your time with a bunch of inane nonsense (unlike Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - still genuinely have no clue what the fuck is happening in that game). If she can pull that off again, then we're good to go.

NOLF was shit but hey Mirror's Edge wasn't too bad a Cate Archer written by this hack wouldn't be terrible lel

You live up to your namesake.

Lemming42

Arcane

NOLF was shit but hey Mirror's Edge wasn't too bad a Cate Archer written by this hack wouldn't be terrible lel

You live up to your namesake.

You must have just crossed over from a parallel universe where I wrote something different. NOLF and Mirror's Edge are both not too bad. "Overrated" doesn't mean "shit". I'd make a joke about your name too but I have no idea what the fuck a Lyric Suite is.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom