Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm fine with a flat, simplistic map. I've played Dwarf Fortress for weeks on end. Rimworld just looks wrong and bad. I'm not even sure how to describe why it looks wrong to me. I've played plenty of cartoonish games and enjoyed them but something about Rimworld... "triggers" me.

I am that way with Oxygen Not Included.

Granted the graphics of Rimworld did stop me from getting the game earlier, since I mostly just glanced over it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Took a screenshot to explain the current situation of my base to a friend, and thought I could share it here as well:

VBXLeYj.jpg

Have a shit ton of mods running, and well, with all mods combined the area around my base has slowly turned into the apocalypse / wasteland. All living things that goes out there either turns mad or dies a horrible screaming death. You can see my army of golden retrievers picking up the remains after all the fighting and death. Nothing can go to waste in the wasteland!

Seems most crucial and fun mods have already been updated to 1.0.
---

Bonus pic:

2orFFew.jpg

Reason I don't wanna go out in the wasteland. It's a nightmare area.

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Now you just need a mod where you can go out and collect all those bones and get the phosphorus out of them to use as fertilizer.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone know if there's a mod (or game setting) to not automatically forbid anything? I don't care if a rabbit died across the map, I want my dudes to go grab it. Sick of having to unforbid drop pods filled with gold etc. too. I killed a guy who had a machine gun, yes I want to take the machine gun, why do I have to unforbid it. Etc.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I usually unforbid things from initial drop during nights, when everybody sleeps, it's not that hard to find. Just find one chunk zoom out anddouble click to discover all scattered chunks

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is a "hidden feature" by the way... If you go on "Orders" and then on "Allow" and you right click, you can "Allow All".... Which means it will allow everything that is forbidden in the map

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Melee is still not that great of an option. My dream of technobarbarians is not yet possible. Still my squad of double power clawed fast runners with bionic legs can torn almost anyone to pieces but with the risk of taking serious injuries to the body

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Melee is still not that great of an option. My dream of technobarbarians is not yet possible. Still my squad of double power clawed fast runners with bionic legs can torn almost anyone to pieces but with the risk of taking serious injuries to the body
Shield belts not cutting it? I would have thought.

EDIT: shield belt mod

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Shields will not save you from all dangers. And melee is still have a lot of "arm torn off" "leg bitten off" random stuff

Destroid

Arcane

Can you use drop pods to help with this?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Drop pods filled with snakes are a nice distraction until your guys get close.

Replicante

Educated

Having a couple of melee capable pawns with your best armor is a very good idea. Currently, friendly fire does not apply to pawns within range 2 of the shooter (at this point, I'd like to mention you should be using the mod that stops your pawns from friendly-firing unless you choose them to). Something like:

SS ====
SSM
SS ====

Where S=hooters, M= melee pawn and = represents the wall or choke point

will easily deal with sappers, drops in the base (use your rooms&doors) and even base defense if you are low on turrets.

While facing manhunter packs or full melee raids, of course, this tactic is even stronger. It also makes using miningun a deadly and safe technic. Although you need the melee pawn to be properly equipped, you will always have superior firepower in this position.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I mostly use cover and melee characters standing at the front corners intercepting those who breach through main kill corridor. Dropping shielded berzerkers with power claws is my main way of cleaning enemy camps/

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, I am rather sad that they removed scyther blade item. I had awesome guy with scyther blades instead of arms who was quite useless and had trouble eating, doing things and stuff but alone eviscerated a huge pirate gang, slicing dozens of people and teaing panicked pirates to shreds. He also was a jogger and had a wife.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's easy to forget that when you're talking about your pawns. You know, you say this guy is a doctor, or he's good at growing plants, or he's slaughtered lots of enemies. But maybe his real calling in life is being a pretty great husband.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
So in my current game, late-ish tech wise and wealth wise... Had a caravan go to some "Real Ruins" (pretty fun mod, check it out people) and get buttraped from a siege of 30 raiders after I claimed everything...
Then after a while I get a quest to save one my lost guys who was captured.
There goes a second caravan, 4 well armed dudes with some dogs and stuff. They arrive. BOOOOOOOOM huge explosion from fucking cruiser missile turret (from extended turrets mod) kills one, downs 2 more and leaves a guy almost dead. That guy couldn't do much until the next shot of that murder machine. All gone. Fucking RimWorld :mixedemotions:

as abundantly expected, i tried this and found it underwhelming and too simplicistic, with very little choices about what to build and absolutely no choice to be made in the tech tree.
and holy fuck the stacks are so small! most of the times i'm not fighting the obstacles but the obtuse ai which often doesn't respond how it should even if i cancel all the orders and set a single job to 1. i had a whole colony die of heatstroke because they kept putting stuff in random places on the farthest wall of the mandatorily huge warehouse and kept building walls all over the place instead of focusing on the closest or the sequence i laid them down. do you want to tell a guy to fill a single plants field? good luck with that, keep clicking my man.

and you so staunchly kept away from me the ways to try to improve this disgrace.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Man you are a real ball buster, aren't you? I literally offered to share my mod list with you if you wanted. Apart from that, that's the way it goes: You try vanilla, you find 20 things you'd like and you mod them in. Next run you find 15 more and so on.
In the end you end up with 100 mods and you are a happy camper

something not working doesn't mean it's complex, it only means it doesn't work. plenty of times my haulers sit idle while there are corpses lying around and a crematorium sucking energy for no reason. or three kitchens with three receipes available to all my three cooks, plenty of ingredients for all the three, and only one of them actually working. or rank 1 importance skills ignored for some sitting around at full needs (for this, worst offender is science which can't be force-started).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

my haulers sit idle while there are corpses lying around and a crematorium sucking energy for no reason.
you need to set up jobs and zones properly. in the end, it all comes down to how you've managed things.

your problem exists between the keyboard and the computer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom