Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RIP Kirill Pokrovsky of Larian

Adamaklas

Literate
I've been listening to kiril's music since i was a little child
All these times i was struggling to understand what a quest wanted , reading it again and again with a stupid dictionary by my side.
But i could always feel the music :D

I never realized that i was raised by kiril's music !

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck this sucks. Soundtracks for Divinity were always great and he looked like a proper character in many of the kickstarter videos. Condolences to Larian & family.

Perkel

Arcane

Who's left out of good Western composers?

absolute amazing track

tumblr_n1tocvKbLs1s567uwo1_500.gif

Machocruz

Arcane
I've been trying to tell everyone I know who is into games and their music about this guy ever since I played Divine Divinity about 5 years ago, as I thought it a complete shame that a man with his musical gifts shouldn't be as well known as other, lesser composers. DD's music really blew me away, because it was unexpected. Transporting, evocative, made the game world feel bigger, more alive, and deeper than its visuals and narrative could convey.

So :obviously:.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
RIP Kirill :salute:

The industry just lost one of its best (perhaps the best) composers.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That was a depressing kickstarter update to read first thing in the morning :cry:

RIP Kirill

Atchodas

Augur
Sad to see European talent go way before his time , Rest in Peace brother .

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wrote it in the news thread, but it is deserved to write it here, too. Rest in piece Kirill. Great composer with some great compositions. At least your music will be remembered by many fans.
kirill-studio.jpg

Alchemist

Arcane
Very sad about this - he was an amazing musical talent and unique in the field. I especially liked how he didn't rely on the typical faux-Hollywood cliches that many other game composers use these days. He made game music, not movie music - and it fit the games perfectly and became an integral part of their atmosphere.

The world has lost something special.

Very memorable music in all of the Divinity games :salute:

It has been years since I played Divinity 2 but this song pops back into my head all the time. He could really write some catchy tunes!

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sad news. He made some great music in his time.

Rest in peace.

Renfri

Cipher
Divinity games include good and bad ones, but music was always incredibly awesome.

Kirill will be greatly missed. RIP.

Avellion

Erudite
Very sad news. Whereas most fantasy game music comes out as incredibly generic and ultimately forgettable, his soundtrack truly stood out. I found them catchy and they helped give Divinity its own character. He shall be missed.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well that is upsetting. Rest in peace, Kirill.

Quatlo

Arcane
DAY FUCKING RUINED
For fuck sake why is it always the good guys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom