Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Rise of the Foederati - Dark Ages strategy MMO with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Razzoriel, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1639197016/rise-of-the-foederati/
    Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907046271

https://www.riseofthefoederati.com

Show Spoiler

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2020
    • Brofist x 5
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    If anyone wants to give any feedback about the project, feel free, I'm monitoring this and several dozen others and will answer ASAP.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    Why??????? :negative:

• Agree x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • decline x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Several reasons. It is of our interest to make something different from other TB tactics games, and we saw none feature territory control in PvP battles (it was one of the core reasons motivating the creation of the game in the first place). It's not like we won't make single-player and co-op game modes, it's just that the game is simply devoting efforts into its MMO side as a priority. It also all falls down on how successful we are; if the campaign gets enough funding, we can do more stuff in this department (but also, as expressed in the campaign, it's not a question of a "stretch mark", because we want to also account game sales to this variable).

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    So Tribalwars with real tactical combat? No thanks.

^ Top  
  6. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Less building and resource management, more unit/interpersonal management of your soldiers. You have to build camps and the like when marching, but that is only a small portion of strategizing a large scale raid. You'll have to manage the logistics, supplies and cost/benefits of riskier, more dangerous attacks on larger villages/farms/points of interest. Couple that with a permadeath feature (unit being "killed" in battle does not necessarly mean dead, simply defeated), and it should be quite different than building a city.

^ Top  
  7. Durwyn Prophet

Durwyn
    I know how this sounds but the "splash screen" or however you call that first screen that shows on KS pitch video will immediately turn off many people. It's just fugly and amateurish. I reckon quite a few people will not even scroll down to look at the interesting bits. I know you may not target this particular demography of people that will judge the entire pitch before even reading one sentence, but still I would sincerely advise you to think about changing this to something more eye-catching.

The game is not my cup of tea (MMO) but still I wish you all the luck.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    :hmmm:

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Units that drop to 0 HP or lower are defeated in combat, meaning they are severely wounded and if not treated, will die. The "killed" part is because you will find yourself with captured prisoners who can be sold as ransom, for example (including other players' units).

^ Top  
  10. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Hello guys. I'm glad to announce that the game still continued development, even with a failed KS. We pulled our own funds during these two years and managed to almost come up with a playable game for testing before we open our Early Access on Steam. Many new features such as group management, dynamic horseback combat and skill-based systems are almost ready, and I'd like to know if anyone in this board is interested in testing.

I will pick several of the first respondants and send in several weeks a key to the full game. These will unlock the game and the chosen will receive the full game for free once its released, with all future cosmetics unlocked for free. The open alpha pricing is not decided yet, but we are considering roughly 8-9 dollars, going up to 15 dollars during beta access and about 25 in full release. These are subject to change, but will not deviate much from these figures.

Id like to thank you guys for the early feedback. We showed our game in Brazil Game Show during 2017 and the reception was amazing.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Are you guys still MMO-focused? That's a HUGE turn-off to me.

And how did a bunch of Eastern Euros ended up showing their game in a brazilian expo? Curious, that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    We are MMO-focused, indeed, but only because it is a very unexplored territory. Only a few games come to mind when one is playing a TBS that also has MMO elements. But since we will implement realistic world distances, the map will be so huge it will make little sense to act a lot outside of a tribe's domain (but you never know what can happen when, say, the Suebians in modern Portugal decide to conquer the Hibernians in modern Ireland).

Since its so spreaded out, meeting other players will only be a matter of what you are doing, and when. Finally, its not like we are not making campaigns and one-man world domination like Total War does. Its just not our priority, since we lack the funds and personnel to deliver something of this caliber without a sustenance of a more dynamic game that can already bear fruits without the need of whole implementations. Im very aware of people that only like SP-oriented strategy games, and its not outside of the scope to deliver something for them, once a critical mass has been reached.

And to answer your question; we only went with me (lead dev) with several guys to help with the stand in the indie area; we had a couple computers set to people to play against an AI. I am brazillian, but the company is based off Miami, FL.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    Are you bored in your quarantine? Your hundreds of Steam games cannot quell your thirst for entertaiment? You got ten bucks left from that old CS:GO skin you just sold?

Next week will be decisive for your future in gaming. If you are smart and want to save your ten bucks, PM me until Monday.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel
    It's coming.

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Razzoriel Genos Studios Developer

Razzoriel

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)