Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
http://risen3.deepsilver.com

https://af.gog.com/game/risen_3_titan_lords?as=1649904300

From here:
piranha_bytes_announchyk0h.png

Are these guys nuts or something? No fucking details are given what-so-ever, just a post hidden in a forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkling

Educated
Publishers usually mandate developers keep quiet about their upcoming products because the publishers marketing team has a PLAN for when and if information gets disseminated to us filthy plebs.

If you want more from PB, convince 'em to set up a KS and self publish! Otherwise, this is what we should expect. :(

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
After Risen 2 I completely lost faith on them delivering a good game. They can go and fuck themselves. Such disappointment.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
They need to do a complete Gothic re-boot (since they own the trademark now) and bypass using a shitty publisher and do a Kickstarter PC/Linux/Mac game. <3

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I assume it is Risen 3, and I assume it sold enough to warrant a 3rd game. And will be another console developed shit.

If the game they are making is "suddenly" PC exclusive we can move the thread to the appropriate forum.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Gothic reboot?
You mean, like, quest compass, hot chick to romance with, regenerating health and no stats at all, so you can use everything you find?
I'm so fucking not cool with that.

Fuck them. I hope after Risen 2 fail they were forced to make some happy horse farm or other bejeweled shit. No one wants their shit action rpgs after Risen 2.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
The Gothic series was really not the beez kneez you know. In fact, I would dare say it was popamole decline akshun rpg without char gen, real time, no party, etc etc.

So yah, these guys could fold for all I care.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if Risen 2 is any indication, it will probably be shit . whatever it is.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

On the other hand, if Risen 2's general reception is of any indication, it might also end up being half decent.

Learning from mistakes and all that, if such is even possible anymore in this day and age.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
I loved the first two Gothics but was thoroughly disappointed with the third game.

Risen 1 gave me hope again, as it was pretty much how I envisioned a proper Gothic sequel, save for the crappy endgame. However, they dropped the ball once again with Risen 2, so I'm not sure what to expect here.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
God... please don't be Risen 3. These guys need to get away from Deep Silver and start a (relatively) small feeder project via Kickstarter like a modern/updated/polished/expanded version of Gothic 1 in Risen's engine. Not just graphics/voice acting but make the world a bit more interesting, more side quests, maybe tweak the story a tad so you can actually play as Old Camp to 'completion,' etc.

But... no... I'm sure it's Risen 3. Fuck.

On the other hand, if Risen 2's general reception is of any indication, it might also end up being half decent.

Learning from mistakes and all that, if such is even possible anymore in this day and age.

While that sounds nice in theory they already had a fairly solid product in Risen and completely regressed from that. They even inexplicably fucked up the melee combat which makes zero sense since all they had to do was fucking copy it.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
What about innovation and accessibility?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

While that sounds nice in theory they already had a fairly solid product in Risen and completely regressed from that. They even inexplicably fucked up the melee combat which makes zero sense since all they had to do was fucking copy it.

Yes. In theory. Still, I wouldn't give them the finger quite yet. Not before I see them making a habit of shitting their games out. PB is the sort of on/off developer of whom you never really know what comes out of it.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Weren't the rights to Gothic supposed to revert to them, like, soon or something?
Who holds those rights now anyway?

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
FUCK THIS PEOPLE

they never fucking "lost" their gothic trademark.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
FUCK THIS PEOPLE

they never fucking "lost" their gothic trademark.
"fuck this people"?
do you mean
"fuck this, people!" (perhaps while gesturing towards your crotch), "fuck these people (codexers)", "fuck these people (PB)", "fuck, these people (codexers)" (in a "I give up" way) or "fuck, these people (PB)" (in a "I give up" way)?

they did not have the rights to make a Gothic-named game until recently.
but they've always had the rights to make a Gothic-like game. but instead they made Risen 2.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
but they've always had the rights to make a Gothic-like game. but instead they made Risen 2.
I actually think that was kinda their intention in the first place with Risen 2 - to make a game that wasn't just "hey, this is supposed to be Gothic, but we don't have the rights so we can't call it that" like they did with Risen 1. Needless to say it didn't work out because Risen 2 was mediocre at best and that's if you ignore their newly embraced DLC practice that made me boycott the game on principle at first. Now that they have the rights to Gothic back again they should probably get back to it or make Risen 3 truly its own thing.

Hey, at least it had a neat CE.

gIalX.jpg

Captain Shrek

This needs to be hammered into your brains people:

RISEN WAS MEDIOCRE AT BEST.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Pluto 13 gmbh never fucking lost any rights to Gothic trademark.

Arcania - A Gothic Tale © 2009 by BVT Games Fund III Dynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Germany. Published by JoWooD Entertainment AG, Austria. Developed by Spellbound Entertainment AG, Germany. The JoWooD design and mark are registered trademarks of JoWooD Entertainment AG. The Dreamcatcher design and mark are registered trademarks of Dreamcatcher. All other brands, product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Gothic und Piranha Bytes sind eingetragene Marken der Pluto 13 GmbH. All rights reserved.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Pluto 13 gmbh never fucking lost any rights to Gothic trademark.

Arcania - A Gothic Tale © 2009 by BVT Games Fund III Dynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Germany. Published by JoWooD Entertainment AG, Austria. Developed by Spellbound Entertainment AG, Germany. The JoWooD design and mark are registered trademarks of JoWooD Entertainment AG. The Dreamcatcher design and mark are registered trademarks of Dreamcatcher. All other brands, product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Gothic und Piranha Bytes sind eingetragene Marken der Pluto 13 GmbH. All rights reserved.

wiki

Speculations on who really has the rights for the Gothic Series have made their way around since 2007 until 2011, when, Mike Hoge, co-founder of Piranha Bytes, Gothic's creator, stated that soon (after the release of their current game - Risen 2: Dark Waters) the rights for the series will return to Piranha Bytes, but avoided mentioning if they will develop another game within the series.[4]
Later in 2011 it was confirmed by JoWooD Entertainment that they only had rights for the fourth game in the series and the expansion. As such, the rights will return to its former developer - Piranha Bytes.[5]
It is currently unknown if Piranha Bytes will develop another game within the Gothic series. Nordic Games already announced that they have plans to continue the story of the fourth game under the franchise name "ArcaniA" which will be continuing the events from Fall of Setarrif.

... and I stumbled upon this ...

Gothic 3: The Beginning is a role-playing mobile video game, produced by the German developer Handy-Games GmbH, and published by JoWooD Entertainment.
The action takes place 140 years before the events in the first Gothic game, on the island of Khorinis. Xardas (one of the main characters from the original PC Gothic series), an orphan, raised by farmers, is visited one night by the ghost of Buthomar. The ghost tells the young Xardas about an unknown threat and asks him to find "the other four Chosen Ones".

G3-TB_Xardas_in_Khorinis.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom