Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

curry

Arcane
They need to do a complete Gothic re-boot (since they own the trademark now) and bypass using a shitty publisher and do a Kickstarter PC/Linux/Mac game. <3

It was their own decision to dumb down Risen 2 so fuck PB. :oops:

Micmu

Magister
Key people who worked on Gothic 1/2 games left long time ago.
All what is left is hacks - as Shiten 2 proves.
PB are non-relevant. They can just fuck off and make that Assbok game I know they so want.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Trust shit wiki and some shitty sourceless interviuew from shit website or official info from official website, humm...

Yeah. Although it was some kind of agreement with letting Spellbound make a game with Gothic stamp on a box, but shit - it's not loosing rights to it (vide official sources, even the fucking Arcania's box).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At this point it doesn't really matter. The Gothic story has been played out. Gothic 1 was a great setting. Gothic 2 did an okay job of portraying how dire things were going against the Orcs. Gothic 3 pretty much concluded the storyline (despite allowing for multiple resolutions).

Risen, which while I don't know the exact details of the situation, seemed like it was primed to be the true continuation of the Gothic story following on the 'Xardas ending' of Gothic 3. The gods are gone and a new enemy -- the Titans -- are introduced. The fire worshipers were obviously intended to be former priests of Inos and... hell... the lizard men were probably... the lizard men from Gothic 2! The Orcs probably would have been moved to the backburner. So assuming they can't just reuse the Risen plotlines to continue Gothic where would they go from G3? And would it really matter anyway since the events of Risen basically just pushed the reset button on the Gothic setting transforming it into something relatively different.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I think they just copy-pasted setting from Gothic games, along even with the playthrough structure (act 1 when we choose our side, from 3 avaible, next act with a twist and then slashing everything to get to the Sleeper, Undead Dragon,whatever), because they are UNABLE TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT, as Gothic 3 and Risen 2 have shown us.

Emily

Arcane
I think they just copy-pasted setting from Gothic games, along even with the playthrough structure (act 1 when we choose our side, from 3 avaible, next act with a twist and then slashing everything to get to the Sleeper, Undead Dragon,whatever), because they are UNABLE TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT, as Gothic 3 and Risen 2 have shown us.
I dont care honestly, i just want more of the same. Just more polished and expanded on.
Fuck Risen 2.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Yeah, apparently I was ok with that too.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Actually, she was good.

But no, Risen 1 was a fine, but by no means a great game.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Actually Gothic 1 and 2 were great. A bit buggy maybe, but great regardless. Especially if you can consider how bad RPG's can get (think post Morrowind Bethesda games, Two Worlds, and Bioware games).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Risen 1 was a bit shit but mostly good for the first three or so chapters. Risen 2 is probably mostly shit from what I've seen. Gothic 3 although I don't have a high opinion of was a mixed bag of unfulfilled ambition.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Risen 1 was a bit shit but mostly good for the first three or so chapters. Risen 2 is probably mostly shit from what I've seen. Gothic 3 although I don't have a high opinion of was a mixed bag of unfulfilled ambition.
Risen 2 had some fun ideas, but they have abandoned their main strength (world exploration) for corridors. Fuck Maracai Bay and Gargoyle Island.

Revenant

If it's Risen 3, I wonder how are they going to expand the setting. The pirate setting of Risen 2 was pretty much a one trick pony and a dead-end afterwards.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Risen 2 was pure shit, I wouldn't expect anything else from their next game.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
If it's Risen 3, I wonder how are they going to expand the setting. The pirate setting of Risen 2 was pretty much a one trick pony and a dead-end afterwards.
They will go into SPACE.

SPACE PIRATES.

And piranha bytes masturbating fans will love this, 11/10.

Kraszu

Prophet
They will go into SPACE.

SPACE PIRATES.

And piranha bytes masturbating fans will love this, 11/10.

For the record most Gothic I/II fans didn't like Risen2, and not everybody had liked Gothic 3.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I hear bad things about Risen 2 but its universe appeals to me more than Risen 1. Is the story a continuation of Risen 1 or is it something entirely different ?

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I concur, as I had been overwhelmingly bitched out by majority on some polish gothic site, after I said Risen 2 is shit (and why).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I hear bad things about Risen 2 but its universe appeals to me more than Risen 1. Is the story a continuation of Risen 1 or is it something entirely different ?

The universe/setting is cool, albeit a bit of a jarring time jump in terms of technology from Risen 1. That said, a game can still have a great setting and horrendous gameplay. And, yes, the story is a direct continuation with the same main character, supporting characters/organizations, enemies, etc.

Kraszu

Prophet
I concur, as I had been overwhelmingly bitched out by majority on some polish gothic site, after I said Risen 2 is shit (and why).

I will not comment without context on that (without seeing your post, and responses), but I visit official Risen forum, and world of Gothic forums, and they generally dislike Risen 2, and many dislike Gothic 3 there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom