Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
It was on gothic phx, nickname is Kel'Thuzad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sounds like some obscure forum. World of Gothic/Risen is pretty much the main fansite.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It used to be big back in the days.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Who the fuck are these retarded assholes diarrhea-posting on the codex ? This used to be a prestigious site, now it's just fucktards with shit taste foaming at the mouth while saying nothing relevant or interesting.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Yes imbecile, I was talking about you. You've never posted anything worth reading since you joined. Just ignorant babble.

A user named cat

I'm so glad I didn't play Risen 2 or Gothic 4 for that matter, I wonder which was worse. Regardless, both series are dead to me. No matter who puts their filthy orc hands on them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Kai Rosenkranz was the original sound composer for both Gothic and Risen. However he left Piranha Bytes during 2010 and then he co-founded a new company called Nevigo.

This is their main product:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Also stolen from WoR forum:

It just recently became known that one of the oldest members of the developer studio Piranha Bytes has left the team in July 2012. Mattias Filler, who worked in the Story and Game Design department on Gothic 1-3 and Risen 1-2, is no longer a part of PB.

Murk

Arcane
Biggest disappointment to me, in the last 5 years. I loved g1 and g2, and liked g3 with the community patch. Risen 1 really rekindled hope and... fucking dashed for some Disney level pirate bullshit.

Such a huge disappointment.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Somebody throw some money at this Kai Rosenkranz dude to make an RPG. He seems to know shit. Well, at least the theory of said shit.

Murk

Arcane
I think they should have him do voice-over work. Dude's got a bitchin' accent and speaking voice.

Similar (but wayyyy better) program to mindmeister (free).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This is funny. A sound company revealed that PB is working on Risen 3 ... by posting on Facebook.

Die Göttinger Firma Dluxe media hat auf Facebook womöglich bereits ausgeplaudert, dass es ein weiteres Spiel im Risen - Universum geben wird.
Im Eintrag vom 19.02. dieses Jahres heißt es dort nämlich unter anderem:
RISEN 3 mit Musik von uns!
Der neue Teil der erfolgreichen Computerspiel-Saga "RISEN" wird momentan mit Musik aus unserer Feder ausgestattet.
Der Eintrag ist mit einem Bild versehen, das einen höchst interessanten Schriftzug enthält: Risen 3 - Blazing Oceans (deutscher Untertitel: Brennende/Lodernde Ozeane). Dies könnte ein Indiz auf die von vielen Fans gewünschten Seeschlachten im nächsten Risen - Spiel sein.
Ungewöhnlich erscheint die Veröffentlichung der ersten Informationen zum Spiel durch einen externen Dienstleister anstelle des Publishers. Risen - Fans dürften daher gespannt auf eine Bestätigung oder ein Dementi seitens Publisher Deep Silver warten.
Dluxe media war als Dienstleister bereits an Musik im Rahmen zahlreicher Videospiele und TV-Produktionen wie Kane & Lynch 2 (Soundtrack) oder Crime 360 beteiligt.

Google Translate below:
The Göttingen company Dluxe media has on Facebook may already divulged that there's another game in the Risen - will universe.
The entry from 19.02. this year it is there that is, among other things:

RISEN 3 with music from us!
The new part of the successful computer game saga "RISEN" is currently equipped with music from our spring.

The entry is fitted with a screen containing a most interesting inscription: Risen 3 - Blazing Oceans (German subtitles: Burning / Flaming oceans). This could be an indication of the desired by many fans in the next battles Risen - his game.
Weird at the publication of the first information about the game by an external service provider instead of the publisher. Risen - fans should therefore eagerly awaiting a confirmation or denial on the part of the publisher Deep Silver.
Dluxe media was already a service of music in numerous video games and TV productions such as Kane & Lynch 2 (Soundtrack) involved or Crime 360th

And the reaction from DeepSilver/Piranha Bytes was:
Der Eintrag bezüglich Risen 3 auf der Facebook - Seite von Dluxe media (wir berichteten) wurde im Verlaufe des gestrigen Tages wieder entfernt.

Von Deep Silver, dem Publisher der Risen - Spiele, ist bisher noch keine öffentliche Äußerung bezüglich des ominösen Facebook - Eintrages zu vernehmen gewesen. Der Geschäftsführer von Piranha Bytes (Entwickler der bisherigen Risen - Spiele), Michael Rüve fand allerdings die Zeit, sich mit einem Post in unserer Diskussion zur Thematik wie folgt zu äußern:Die Firma ist mir nicht bekannt - ich habe keinerlei Vertrag mit denen gemacht.
Wäre dem allerdings so gewesen, dann wären sie ihn jetzt los, wobei es völlig egal wäre ob wir nun an Risen 3, Gothic 5 oder Humipumpi 1 arbeiten.

Dies schließt allerdings nicht die theoretische Möglichkeit eines Engagements seitens Dluxe media im Rahmen eines Trailers oder ähnlichem zu einem möglichen Risen 3 aus, da hier vermutlich nicht Piranha Bytes, sondern Deep Silver der passende Ansprechpartner gewesen wäre.

Das mit dem Facebook - Eintrag veröffentlichte Bild mit dem Schriftzug "Risen 3 - Blazing Oceans" wurde übrigens am 30.04.2012 (und somit bereits kurz nach Release von Risen 2 - Dark Waters) in einem unserer Foren, der "Kneipe zum lachenden Gyrger", vom Einmalposter Captain Crow gepostet. Dieser gab damals an, dass es sich bei der Grafik um ein Bild aus der Planungsphase von Risen 3 handeln könnte.

Auch im Review zu Risen 2 auf gamingkult.com vom 07.11.2012 findet sich ein Hinweis auf den möglichen Untertitel "Blazing Oceans". Dort heißt es nämlich gegen Ende des Testes:

Personally i am now waiting for Rising 3 “Blazing Oceans”, and i hope it’s going to be like what Gothic 3 was to Gothic 2, a long, beautiful and interesting EPIC quest !

In der Google - Bildersuche erschien bei der Eingabe von "Risen 3" bis gestern übrigens obig oft erwähnte, zuerst bei uns im Forum veröffentlichte, Grafik an zweiter Stelle. Seit gestern stellt das Bild dann sogar den ersten Suchtreffer dar. Unterschiedlichste Erklärung sind denkbar: Es könnte sich tatsächlich um ein Bild aus der Planungsphase von Risen 3 handeln - oder Dluxe media und Gamingkult könnten einem Fake - Bild aufgesessen sein, das in der google - Suche einen der ersten Treffer belegte.

Auch andere Möglichkeiten wären denkbar, solange keine weiteren verlässlichen Statements zur Thematik publik werden. Den Spekulationen der Risen - Fans dürften damit vorerst kaum Grenzen gesetzt sein.

Google Translate below:
The entry regarding Risen 3 on Facebook - Page Dluxe of media (as reported) was in the course of yesterday removed.
Deep Silver, the publisher of Risen - games, yet no public statement with respect to the ominous Facebook - was to hear entry. The managing director of Piranha Bytes (developer of the former Risen - games), Michael Rüve was however the time to comment with a post in our discussion on the subject as follows:

The company I do not know - I have not made any contract with them.
Had it been so, however, they would release him now, and it would not matter if we are now working on Risen 3, 5 or Gothic Humipumpi first

However, this does not exclude the theoretical possibility of a commitment by Dluxe media as part of a trailer or the like to a possible 3 from Risen, since presumably not Piranha Bytes, but Deep Silver would have been the right person.
The one with the Facebook - entry published picture with the words "Risen 3 - Blazing Oceans" was the way on 30.04.2012 (and thus shortly after release of Risen 2 - Dark Waters) in one of our forums, the "pub to laughing Gyrger" , from Newbie Captain Crow posted. This was at the time that it might be the graphic is an image from the planning phase of Risen third
Also in the review for Risen 2 on gamingkult.com on 07.11.2012 there is a hint on the possible subtitle "Blazing Oceans". It says at the end of the test, namely:

Personally i am now waiting for Rising 3 "Blazing Oceans", and i hope it's going to be like what what to Gothic 2 Gothic 3, a long, beautiful and interesting EPIC quest!

In Google - Search images appeared when entering "Risen 3" above-often referred to yesterday by the way, first published in our forum, graphics second. Since yesterday, the image is then even the first search results represent Different declaration are possible: it could actually be an image from the planning phase of Risen 3 - or Dluxe media and gaming cult could a fake - have been eating image in google - Search took one of the first hit.
Other possibilities are conceivable as long as no further reliable statements on the subject are made public. The speculations of the Risen - so fans will initially be no limits set.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Short story:

It seems shortly after Risen 2 was released (30.04.2012), a user from WoR forum posted the picture below. He also mentioned that Piranha Bytes were doing a marketing study for this name (if I understood correctly).
r3uqkam.png

And yesterday this name popped up again on Facebook, on the page of the sound company which works for a unannounced trailer with PB.

In other words, the next game from Piranha Bytes will probably be: Risen 3 - Blazing Oceans. Maybe a proper trailer will pop-up in the next months. Maybe they change the name. But most likely it will be Risen 3.

This should not be a surprise knowing that they had a contract with Deep Silver for a trilogy. But it also means that their return to Gothic will not happen so soon.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Still haven't played Risen 2. I hope the reason people hate it isn't just the sunny pirate theme, as it seems to be in this thread.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
As far as I can remember, on Deep Silver forums, they were living in delusion that everything is perfect, dlc are super and definitely not in the vanilla game - they were just responding to brain dead fucks who fapped at this pile of shit, simply ignoring anyone who said otherwise. It was like they didn't see other people posting.

So yeah, I believe that in self-delusion they can start making another shit-pile title and totally call it "Blazing Oceans". Sounds just right. And they will deliver us once again one and only ship model in a whole game. Even a ghost ones will look the same. Tell me about being a lazy fuck like them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
IIRC the mainstream opinion of Risen 2 was very positive, only a handful of reasonable people saw it for the shit it was, so it's only logical this game will suck ass.

Revenant

IIRC the mainstream opinion of Risen 2 was very positive, only a handful of reasonable people saw it for the shit it was, so it's only logical this game will suck ass.
Mainstream opinion was more like mixed. Gamespot's review mentioned the game having flaws and was only mildly positive, for example.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Mainstream opinion was more like mixed. Gamespot's review mentioned the game having flaws and was only mildly positive, for example.

LINK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risen_2:_Dark_Waters#Reception
Aggregate Score:

GameRankings
(PC) 67.78
(X360) 58.10
(PS3) 53.83

Metacritic
(PC) 69/100[7]
(X360) 60/100[8]
(PS3) 47/100

Review Scores:
Eurogamer
6/10 (UK)[
8/10 (Germany):lol:
G4
3/5
GameSpot
7/10
GameTrailers
6.7/10
IGN
6.5/10
Destructoid
7/10

Revenant

As I said, very mixed reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom