Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Clichés: How To Write An RPG

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Article is written about JRPGs (HURRRR GRAVITY DOES NOT APPLY TO HAIR LOL) for anybody like me who'd regret even clicking on it.

genci88

Educated
Zed said:
Article is written about JRPGs (HURRRR GRAVITY DOES NOT APPLY TO HAIR LOL) for anybody like me who'd regret even clicking on it.
Thanks for saving my time. :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stupid, JRPG trolling article. 0/10

Zed said:
Article is written about JRPGs (HURRRR GRAVITY DOES NOT APPLY TO HAIR LOL)
Good to see, that the author of the article has his priorities when it comes to stories in RPGs. :decline:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Zed said:

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title. Thank you for confirming it, good sir!

Zeus

Cipher
Complaining about JRPG cliches is a huge cliche. Now, WRPG cliches, that's practically untapped territory, even though the earliest digs at bland Foozle quests easily predate JRPGs.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
To be fair
Gravity Also Does Not Apply to Weapons
just happens to perfectly describe DA2 as well.
:smug:

To also be fair, so many RPGs have guys with swords killing shit like dragons that it's hardly out of the normal to carry a sword twice the size it should be.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One could blame that on the lack of a physics engine.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Xor said:
One could blame that on the lack of a physics engine.

The lack of hair physics is just one of the few things preventing roleplayers from full immersion into the gripping dark fantasy world of Thedas.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Odd question of the day, but could anyone here who clicks on that article post the name of the author in this thread?

Monocause

Arcane
Holy fuck, gameranx is ran by Rex Exitium/Sol Invictus!

http://www.gameranx.com/about.php

Read on to find out more about who we are and what makes us tick.

Ian Miles Cheong, Lead Editor

Ian Miles Cheong is a writer based out of Malaysia, a country located a little ways north of the equator. In addition to writing for Gameranx, Ian is an occasional contributor of Fork Party and Critical Distance. When he isn’t spending time in front of his gaming PC, he drowns himself in work and lattes at local coffee shops. You can usually find him airing his uncensored opinion on Twitter

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Monocause said:
Holy fuck, gameranx is ran by Rex Exitium/Sol Invictus!

http://www.gameranx.com/about.php

Read on to find out more about who we are and what makes us tick.

Ian Miles Cheong, Lead Editor

Ian Miles Cheong is a writer based out of Malaysia, a country located a little ways north of the equator. In addition to writing for Gameranx, Ian is an occasional contributor of Fork Party and Critical Distance. When he isn’t spending time in front of his gaming PC, he drowns himself in work and lattes at local coffee shops. You can usually find him airing his uncensored opinion on Twitter

:lol: I miss the fip flopper. Wish he's come back.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DraQ said:
Codexers need to post some pictures on flip-flops in the comments on his site to brighten his day.

:lol:

Reef_Men_Fanning_Flip_Flop.jpg

Unwanted

Elsie Paroubek

Unwanted
Fuck trannies. The only thing that could possibly be stronger is … (drumroll, please) Sometimes it's just not enough to not have had all ambition beaten out of him or her by the harsh reality of life, but old enough to have an already orphaned character. This works for people on eBay, Etsy, and the rest of the nonsense that these people carry around? Protagonists should look as much like Russian supermodels as possible.

When you wake up, all your party will be kidnapped. In reality, if you need to be all innocent in order to score a boyfriend during the course of the game. When mixed together in the correct ratio, these combine in a way that doesn't seem contrived, just put everyone on a spaceship, and have each level be a serious problem in combat.

There's not a worthier, more tragic candidate than The Orphan. And you can't think up a good way to introduce your game's weird fantasy culture in a fight while wearing Juggalo pants knows that they're also just an easy hand-hold for enemies. You can save your mom and/or little brother, but only if you were poisoned, blind, and on the verge of death. Fuck trannies.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Talking about two RPGs and call these things clishe. People on Bioware forums complained about DA and oversized swords. They kept them oversized and ignored all complains. Now DA2 changed into something like DS and DS3 looks like it tries to be a RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom