Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG CODEX™ 2017 - Dungeon Crawlers - RESULTS

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
50 votes in! A couple of days left. I'm honestly surprised at how few votes there are (considering the Roguelikes poll reached 60-70), hopefully Google didn't scare users away.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
50 votes in! A couple of days left. I'm honestly surprised at how few votes there are (considering the Roguelikes poll reached 60-70)

Seriously? After making people vote the long poll and then deleting it and asking to do it all over again?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
50 votes in! A couple of days left. I'm honestly surprised at how few votes there are (considering the Roguelikes poll reached 60-70)

Seriously? After making people vote the long poll and then deleting it and asking to do it all over again?

Around 9 people had voted on the first poll. It's not like I deleted it after a week: it didn't make it past day one.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Voting ends in 17 hours. 63 votes so far. Would be nice if we could reach 70.

Themadcow

Augur
Thank god these polls actually register people that have played them rather than the shit voting system that the Codex used to have for this type of thing.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I reckon you must have no life in order to vote multiple times, but I wouldn't put it past any Codexer.
:lol:

Duly voted. I hadn't used that damned Google account in years but it still works.

I'm honestly unaware of how Google accounts work. I've been using mine for a few years already, can't recall if it was annoying to make one or something.

74 responses so far! Honestly I have no rush to close this up, so may as well leave it running until we hit at least 100 so we get a better idea of the Codex's tastes.

deama

Prophet
Is this a remake of that other thread where lots of people put in stuff like baldur's gate and terraria?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Is this a remake of that other thread where lots of people put in stuff like baldur's gate and terraria?

The other thread was the Nomination thread. Codexers would nominate games for the rest of the Codexers to vote on. Now is the time for voting.

I removed Baldur's Gate and Terraria because the latter is more like a joke nomination, and in the first we already have Icewind Dale which is a much better representation of Infinity Engine dungeon crawling.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Terraria because the latter is more like a joke nomination...
:rpgcodex:
I thought it was a good nomination.

Well, I had to give in to common sense. And common sense was "Terraria is not something Codexers want to play". I had to remove console games as well, not much of a point to nominate them when this is primarily a PC gaming forum. Those who do have consoles are probably acquaintanced with those games as well (Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, The Dark Spire, King's Field series).

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The fact that Shadows over Riva isn't on this list proves its a sham. Granted, people don't like rpgs enough, or good games enough, to have played the dungeons in SoR, but they are better than BoD (even with the extra dungeons in the remake) and ST. The mages tower should be the standard for how dungeons are done in good rpgs and not jrpg garbage games.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The fact that Shadows over Riva isn't on this list proves its a sham. Granted, people don't like rpgs enough, or good games enough, to have played the dungeons in SoR, but they are better than BoD (even with the extra dungeons in the remake) and ST. The mages tower should be the standard for how dungeons are done in good rpgs and not jrpg garbage games.

Or maybe people who have played the game didn't nominate them? Like yourself.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Or maybe people who have played the game didn't nominate them? Like yourself.

I did nominate them along with a bunch of other games since your poll had no rules and made no sense. But, since the majority of the plebs here are totally hip and hate science and everything and actually nominated games like this poll had meaning, the dearth of support and even the questioning of and lack of inclusion for BoD is pretty telling.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, I had to give in to common sense. And common sense was "Terraria is not something Codexers want to play".
y3Gsx0s.jpg

I guess there's something wrong with your common sense, at least as far as what Codexers play or don't play is concerned. Not that I have any problem with the game's exclusion for other reasons.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Well, I had to give in to common sense. And common sense was "Terraria is not something Codexers want to play".
y3Gsx0s.jpg

I guess there's something wrong with your common sense, at least as far as what Codexers play or don't play is concerned. Not that I have any problem with the game's exclusion for other reasons.

Codexers. Plural. General.

I should have worded it better, however: "Terraria is not the type of dungeon crawler Codexers would want to play."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom