Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG CODEX 2017 - Dungeon Crawlers - RESULTS

Are you butthurt by the results?

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol far too many dark souls fanboys on the codex.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Any game with a lower recommended score than must play score should have the must play core copied into the recommended column. How could it be otherwise? I find the poll has multiple instances of similar questions, however, the questions are not succinctly defined, and so you have variance that can be attributed not to the game's merit, but the ambiguity of the poll.

What I glean from this poll is what many have surmised: Most people never play the great games.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Any game with a lower recommended score than must play score should have the must play core copied into the recommended column. How could it be otherwise? I find the poll has multiple instances of similar questions, however, the questions are not succinctly defined, and so you have variance that can be attributed not to the game's merit, but the ambiguity of the poll.

What I glean from this poll is what many have surmised: Most people never play the great games.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean with that first sentence. Regarding the latter: I think the questions were fairly simple. It is a given that a "Must play" game is a "recommended game", but a recommended game is not always a "must play". Yes, I recommend people to play certain games, but they definitely aren't MUST PLAYs.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Exactly. Any must play us certainly recommended, but your data doesn't reflect that, and I believe you refer to each of these fields in your own analysis.

So there are problems with your analysis as it is based at least in part on bad data. We can argue whether the questions are clear and distinct enough, but people are generally dull and dim-witted, so there is that..

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Exactly. Any must play us certainly recommended, but your data doesn't reflect that, and I believe you refer to each of these fields in your own analysis.

So there are problems with your analysis as it is based at least in part on bad data. We can argue whether the questions are clear and distinct enough, but people are generally dull and dim-witted, so there is that..

I did consider it for the "Most positive opinions" chart, though. The reason they are not part of the "top five" selections I made was because those five games have been played by over half of the Codex, and half of the people who played them agreed they were "Must Plays",.

Max Damage

Savant
The lists are missing Rogue, DCSS, Nethack, Brogue, Sil and Infra Arcana. Arena is also missing. Would be interested to know why would anybody recommend Daggerfall to anyone unless you hate them so much, especially when it comes to dungeons. The lists are also hard to read because of no sorting by relevant stat. Hell, even no sorting by name or date of release. Without any notations to games on the list it just feels pointless and unreadable. 1/5, needs improvement.

Theldaran

Liturgist
No Ravenloft: Stone Prophet? What's this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom