Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview RPG Codex Exclusive Interview: bitComposer's Take on the Chaos Chronicles Dispute

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good interview.

People crying about the use of shitComposer should go find a dildo to sit and occupy their times because holy shit man

I'm convinced someone kidnapped the real Excidium. Only in the last year have you become this edgy. If not kidnapped then puberty, maybe.

zappater

Novice
Great interview, unlike a lot of other people here (it seems) I appreciate the references to ShitComposter and Totalbiscuit. Gives me a lot of good background information I otherwise wouldn't have as I stopped following the discussion after it became a circlejerk of people without information.

He totally ignored your question about Citadels, are you guys doing all your interviews over e-mail? Maybe you should start doing them over phone instead so you can ask follow up questions and press them a bit harder on things like this.
Just use Skype and record the interview for easy (but time consuming) transcribing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Good interview.

People crying about the use of shitComposer should go find a dildo to sit and occupy their times because holy shit man

I'm convinced someone kidnapped the real Excidium. Only in the last year have you become this edgy. If not kidnapped then puberty, maybe.
No but seriously. I know nitpicking is our thing but goddamn when you go over and over a minor and insignificant point in a good piece of content like this it's really annoying.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looking at that it seems a very ambitious game for the budget, can see why they got to the point where they had to bring in more money.
Hey according to Brian Fargo it's possible to make a RPG with that kind of money. How fortunate that he didn't get the chance to try.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just make the regular forums only readable by select users and strictly moderate the news post comment threads under penalty of IP bans. That way you can establish an umblemished reputation as a top news site while still preserving the "unique" forums user base.

GamesInquirer

Literate
Nice interview. Shame COREPLAY have yet to make an official statement but I assume you have an interview with them as well ready to go live. Can't wait.

Stabwound

Arcane
What a clusterfuck. All I get out of this mess is a lot of finger-pointing and I still have no idea whose fault it is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking at that it seems a very ambitious game for the budget, can see why they got to the point where they had to bring in more money.
Hey according to Brian Fargo it's possible to make a RPG with that kind of money. How fortunate that he didn't get the chance to try.

And what if you have 200,000 dollars more? Is that enough?

9pqVMUq.png

(actually, 100,000, since Brian would have added his own money)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What a clusterfuck. All I get out of this mess is a lot of finger-pointing and I still have no idea whose fault it is.
It seems like all parts involved are to blame in one way or another for the game not being out right now, but this new coreplay investor wanting to force a new contract just amplifies everything and makes relationship between bitComposer and Coreplay more difficult.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You are already being called "ShitComposter" on our forums by some people.
Was this really necessary?
Yes. It demonstrates the vitriol with which they're being held by some here. There's a difference between "I think this is the publisher's fault!" and "THOSE FUCKING SHITCOMPOSTERS I HATE THEM SO MUCH". It is, putting it bluntly, out-right abusive - which is the point. By being involved in this dispute, bitComposer don't only run the risk of tarnishing their reputation, they run the risk of being out-right abused and made a mockery of (ref: EA).

I also believe that there was no need to beg, as the interview was their idea in the first place to try to get their version of the story out
Eh? The interview was entirely @Grunker's idea - he contacted them about it, they didn't come to us.

No, you're not directly calling them that but it looks stupid (and you already got the same point across with the 'evil publisher' stuff)... just like the TotalBiscuit reference. Way to lend that guy more credence.
OH GOD WE PUT UP A VIDEO OF TOTALBISCUIT OUR REPUTATION IS RUINED RUINED WHO WILL LOVE US NOW

Sadly, not Metro.

Anyway, the questions were good overall -- it's just that you'd be better off with some form of editorial assistance.
For the record, this was one of the questions I added.

The fact is that he represents a lot of gamers, and thus he was adequate as an example in the question.
Codex gamers? I mean that's who you're trying to represent, right? At least that is your logic behind using 'shitcomposter.'
ShitComposter:

ShitComposer:

There's another three pages of results. You can argue shitComposer vs shitComposter but the point remains the same. This interview would've been posted and someone here would've gone YOU INTERVIEWED SHITCOMPOSER / BITCOMPOSTER / SHITCOMPOSTER THEYRE EVIL. LIKE UR MOM.

It was important to convey that to them so that they would be well aware of the audience they were talking to. And by mentioning it, we make it clear that we aren't like all those other sites who a) don't mention it and b) take it one further and tell people to stop using "offensive terms" because this conversation is getting too heated and this thread is locked now kthxbye.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, my point in the last sentence you quoted was that the implication is TB represents Codex gamers. But I'm wise to your schemes, DU, your plan is to go mainstream and sell out to IGN.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The ShitComposer question helps everyone:
- It gives BitComposer a clear view of what people are thinking of them and how it's impacting its image.
- It shows Codex's honesty; we will address unpleasant issues directly, no euphemisms. This isn't Doritos-land.
- It keeps ultra-sensible people away.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nice interview. Shame COREPLAY have yet to make an official statement but I assume you have an interview with them as well ready to go live. Can't wait.

We don't. Ohlmann has said he can't promise an interview. That's all I'll say on the matter until they choose to say something themselves, except that we are of course ready to extend the exact same courtesy of an honest interview to Coreplay should they wish to :)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We don't. Ohlmann has said he can't promise an interview. That's all I'll say on the matter until they choose to say something themselves, except that we are of course ready to extend the exact same courtesy of an honest interview to Coreplay should they wish to :)

So they haven't even replied to your e-mail while BitchComposter gave a full interview?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

So they haven't even replied to your e-mail while BitchComposter gave a full interview?

I don't need to e-mail either. The only e-mail exchange so far has been with bitComposer's official press contact, through which I communicated with mr. Duhr. I mainly contact bC via Michael (we used Facebook), a friendly guy who also hangs out on the Codex (see OP). Facebook is pretty good for handling these kinds of things, which is one out of two primary reasons why we chose to erect a page for the Codex. That's actually how I turned staff in the first place (and when people stopped calling me a friendly guy and started branding me herald of the decline! (and with good cause, I mean, it's Facebook!))

HobGoblin42/Peter Ohlmann of Coreplay and I have chatted on many occasions since the Codex first took interest in Chaos Chronicles (also given I respect his work and vision with Chaos Chronicles), so I keep in contact with him via private messages right here on the Codex. It works quite well given Coreplay also have their official Chaos Chronicles forums here.

EDIT: So yes, in other words, Coreplay has replied, via Ohlmann, and the reply was "I can't promise an interview." Like I said, I will let Coreplay answer as to the why and how of it, that isn't really my place to start ranting about.

Last edited:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is this new shareholder a 4th party or are they pretty much in step/on the same team as Coreplay? There's doesn't seem to be enough info to connect the dots, but my arse speculates that the third 4th party/new shareholder has reached some kind of agreement with Coreplay that is worsening the deal for the publisher. Publisher isn't liking the new deal, new shareholder isn't budging holding the game to ransom, and Coreplay doesn't see a way forward without agreeing to the shareholder demands and they're behind schedule on top of that.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
ShittyComposer vs CasualPlay ShittyComposer vs CasualPlay ShittyComposer vs CasualPlay ShittyComposer vs CasualPlay quick someone filter these words to i love Oblivion.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Is this new shareholder a 4th party or are they pretty much in step/on the same team as Coreplay?

I think that's still open to speculation, but if you consider that he owns the shares of a founder and is called "the lawyer" by bC, I'd assume he's in charge of Coreplay's negotiations now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom