Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2019: Results & Cool Graphs

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Seriously, which DM would you choose - one that forces to resolve every confrontation through violence, or the one that prefers multiple-choice quizzes?
FTFY
And the answer is neither.
Smartassing. Until we get a cognitive AI the multiple choice dialogues are a tech limitation closest to IRL open ended dialogue.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can argue about the nature of RPG's all you want, but the fact that The Outer Worlds, one of the worst RPG's I've had the displeasure of playing, got such high scores is the real shocker.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You can argue about the nature of RPG's all you want, but the fact that The Outer Worlds, one of the worst RPG's I've had the displeasure of playing, got such high scores is the real shocker.
You are very bad at reading graphs if you think it got a high score. It ranked #38 in the voting, FFS.

Modron

Arcane
I thought bloodstained was a platformer. Hows it so high up?
Did you never play the GBA castlevanias, it's a modern attempt to make another one of those and decidedly fun albeit not quite as good as that pedigree.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, do we know the number of voters compared to previous years'? Cause I sure as hell haven't voted for any of this shit.

All the pertinent games require patching still. Didn't have time for Disco Elysium yet. And the Outer Worlds isn't even out of early access yet, why is it even in the poll?

Edit: So 949 voters for 2019 GOTY, versus 773 for 2018 GOTY. WTF is this shit? I expected a low participation % given the results. Who is voting on such a travesty? Has everyone turned into animefags? Don't tell me it's the influx of newfags...

Peachcurl

Cipher
So, do we know the number of voters compared to previous years'? Cause I sure as hell haven't voted for any of this shit.

All the pertinent games require patching still. Didn't have time for Disco Elysium yet. And the Outer Worlds isn't even out of early access yet, why is it even in the poll?

Edit: So 949 voters for 2019 GOTY, versus 773 for 2018 GOTY. WTF is this shit? I expected a low participation % given the results. Who is voting on such a travesty? Has everyone turned into animefags? Don't tell me it's the influx of newfags...

It wasn't me. :p

Seriously though, who knows how many of those voters are actually just repeated votes of the same person? Or Lurkers? Or completely off-field voters who got relayed here from some other community? A bit of lobbying can easily mask the low participation that a slow year would otherwise have.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well the metroidvania is a game, and as such fulfills at least one requirement to be in the "Best Role Playing Game" poll, something DE is incapable of. :smug:
Besides, didn't you know that according to felipepepe, for a game to be an RPG all it needs is a character progression system. Well metroidvanias are loaded with those, specially the Igavania kind which always has stats. So it's definitely an RPG. :dance:

SMB3___Super_Mario_by_bizklimkit.jpg
smb3___raccoon_mario_by_bizklimkit.jpg

:M

Peachcurl

Cipher
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/luka-deterministic-facts.127061/page-2#post-6256701
according to this, we had 1436 users active in rpg disc last summer. Based on this it doesnt seem that any sort of suspicious activity(of importance) took place

I don't want to be pedantic. But that's just saying that the active user numbers do not provide evidence for suspicious activity. Which is not the same as saying they provide evidence that none such activity took place.

It's hard to proof a negative (hence my "who knows?").

Do we have any thread-base statistics? Like: how many of the active poster read the announcment of the GOTY vote? That would be pretty interesting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hating on DE because you don't agree with the devs on ideology, or any other religion is one thing, but trying to come from the point of

"My roleplaying opportunities are ruined since I can't attack-click on enemies. Sorry, not an RPG."?

Who would be so retarded to actually believe that argument?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hating on DE because you don't agree with the devs on ideology, or any other religion is one thing, but trying to come from the point of

"My roleplaying opportunities are ruined since I can't attack-click on enemies. Sorry, not an RPG."?

Who would be so retarded to actually believe that argument?
Plenty of people are using it.....and all of them in the liberal spectrum.

Freakydemon

Educated
You love to see it folks, well deserved win as every year.

Regarding "RPGness" Disco Elysium has combat. It's just rhetorical jostling to make sure you don't die on an uncomfortable chair because you have a soft tushy or collapsing from psychological suffering because a child pointed out you're a horrible washup with no future while wearing your +1 savoire faire shirt and stylish shoes to boot, instead of chopping up a dragon with your +1 sword and +15% fire resist shield.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The DE mafia spam upvoting their comrade. Absolutely shameful, what low methods the Reds will stoop to.

Actual combatfags abstained because they didn't buy this VN filth while the Communists used a VPN to vote for their party line darling.

All this wouldn't be terrible if it weren't an RPG poll. Make fun of the card game and the metroidvania all you like but at least they both have combat.

Eat the bugs. Drink the soy. Live in the pod. Vote DE.

V_K

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom