Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Additionally, there's a certain tinge of disappointment with regard to how Project Eternity morphed from a BG/IWD/PST successor to an IWD successor with some superficial BG-like elements (e.g. that crack about how they're making BG-like games yet disregarding everything Bioware did)

Hey! That's a brilliant summary of PoE.

I've been at this for some time. From 2015:
So when's some autist going to sue Obsidian for pulling a bait and switch? Promise Avellone, then ignore his advice, par down his characters and give them to other people, and let the draft of his novella gather dust. Promise a BG/IWD/PST successor and then deliver a IWD2 successor with some superficial BG trappings.

I also remember something along the lines of "POE with patch 3.x is actually a good game" or something like that. Thumbs down.

Max Edge

I've been at this for some time. From 2015:
So when's some autist going to sue Obsidian for pulling a bait and switch? Promise Avellone, then ignore his advice, par down his characters and give them to other people, and let the draft of his novella gather dust. Promise a BG/IWD/PST successor and then deliver a IWD2 successor with some superficial BG trappings.

I have to admit, that is pretty prophetic.

But remember about rule "Nemo est propheta in patria sua." In this case, partia sua are normie forums and portals.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
7qgBgn.png

Here is a better version of that,

DRoRDYsX4AAMsnc.jpg

2house2fly

Magister
I remember thinking it was a bit rich of Avellone to complain about the game lacking romances when the two characters he wrote were a stinking pox-ridden hobo and a woman too psychotic to show her face in public

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, you mean a CEO of a company with a decade plus experience actually tried to hire his own kids as ghost workers and...
Well either Chris is bullshitting just to see how much further he can take this, or upper management positions in Obsidian are real high IQ territory, real fucking high IQ, we're talking at least six seasons worth of Rick and Morty here.

Either way, this is the official thread theme now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkPxgUshpec

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I am glad and support the Codex for being an open discussion forum and free speech, but if there is one thing I cannot support, especially coming from a country that once was ruled by such ideology, is communism. The people that advocate such ideology, either culturally or economically deserves all the evil in the world, and I do not say such thing lightly.
This statement is true and I shall amplify it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I remember thinking it was a bit rich of Avellone to complain about the game lacking romances when the two characters he wrote were a stinking pox-ridden hobo and a woman too psychotic to show her face in public
Avellone wanted Heodan and Calisca to be permanent companions, and presumably romanceable.

Max Edge

Avellone wanted Heodan and Calisca to be permanent companions, and presumably romanceable.

Hey, as far as I remember in a Obsidian promotional material there was statement: "Chris doesn't like romance, so PoE don't have any".

It was teeny weeny lie?

communism

communism

COMMUNISM!111

So, capitalism did many good things to your country, as I see...
Having escaped and moved to a Capitalist society has been nothing but positive. Members of my family aren't killed due to opposition of speech, I am much more well off financially and able to afford a home, no longer will I worry of dying of hunger since there is plenty of food, no longer do I have anxiety of self-censorship in fear of a neighbor ratting me out, and I have assortments of freedoms, including buying weapons, and an ever increasing expansion of knowledge and free flow of information. But go ahead continue to regurgitate, it's what you idealist love to do. Little do you know that your kind would be the first to be killed off. It's nice advocating for such a system at the comfort of your home with air conditioning living in a well off country. It's no secret why people want to move to Germany, Sweden, the U.K and America.

Max Edge

Not like good uncle Stalin and his labor camp for unruly citizens of conquered nations.

Yeah, capitalism prefer to kill today through unemployment and poisoned food and water - if they kill me softly it doesn't count!111
Oh and how could I forget - through forced rasicm toward white males. But that's doesnt count after all, right?

Ah, communism. Real white man environment.

If you need patriarchy, check monarchy. Has functional economy, in opposite to communism.

Jezal_k23

Someone using stolen MCA's avatar is rising my blood pressure and creating false excitement when browsing the thread.

It's not stolen, they are different - MCA's is the real Nihilus without a nose, Kit Walker's is the fake Nihilus with a nose.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
conquered nations

Missed that lol.
So, counquered nations - seems like something from conquistadors times.
So, As I understand, you country doesn't have labor camps right?
So criminals just sitting there and eat and drink on your money.
That's a good move, definitely Citadel of Good&Justice.

less propaganda

You are like, you know complete idiot.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
At this point I dont believe anymore that Chris Avellone is the real MCA

Chris, if its you, please post a picture naked with the newspaper of today, and at your side an albino shemale dwarf, using a clown costume and making sex with a goat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hey, as far as I remember in Obsidian promotional material there was statement: "Chris doesn't like romance, so PoE don't have any".
Avellone has an appropriate love/hate relationship with video game romances. Annah/FFG/Deionarra/Ravel from Torment are definitely romances in my eyes despite the protestations of others, kotor2 had eyeless girl, Kreia's daughter, and what'shisname whom I've never interacted with, he wrote the one with Gann from MotB (who was supposed to be bi until the lorekeepers shut it down, presumably out of a fear of controversy) after George Ziets finally convinced him of the merits of doing a romance with a relatively-happy ending, and he did the four for Alpha Protocol under duress though he no doubt enjoyed writing the hatemances for those.

Josh is the turboautist who thinks you either write a video game romance correctly or you don't do it at all.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Me too. I liked those two better than most of PoE's companions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom