Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview RPG Codex Preview: A peek at Legends of Eisenwald

Murk

Arcane
This is great. The use of the beta is awesome, aside from getting some real hands-on feedback it also gives the backers an early taste and a chance to sample the product they've put money down for.

I really like what Aterdux is doing here and I'm hoping they see some great success.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Well, maybe our forum is not that easy to use or there are other reasons of not a lot of feedback, but yes, we do need more because we have to make some decisions regarding how the final gameplay is going to look like. And I perfectly understand that not everyone wants to play an unfinished game - for many I think it's a way to see how the project is going, and it's a good way... I probably would be doing the same thing myself if I would be as busy as right now :) But still it would be much better to hear more views and opinions on things. Obviously, we won't be able to implement brand new sophisticated features but I think discussion can bring some really good resuts. Anyway, we will keep watching this thread, so impressions and criticism is very much welcome here too!

For example, one nice feature has already came up from a discussion about combat, primarily here: attacking from back and sides brings more damage. That might have been a question but I think we took it as a suggestion and after testing it looked good and we decided to keep iit. I am looking forward to more discoveries like this :)

Tripicus

Augur
You may be able to make big enough hole in sides of enemy front to be able to engage back rows with your melee units. This must be done so that engaging back row unit(s) takes as many moves (hexes) as engaging frontline unit (you must always engage closest enemy and you have to kill enemy unit(s) to disengage). Intiative plays big role in battles as higher intiative makes it possible to slay enemies before they have turn and not all weapon types give automatic counterattack (and obviously, there's no counterattack against ranged attacks).

Reading this it sounds like you could bate enemy melee units by placing a unit in close proximity? Or in other words, you could use a high initiative melee unit to control the enemies melee movement significantly early on?

This mechanic almost seems boardgame like in execution, in that the origin of frontline behaviour won't necessarily be built on AI but a rule mechanic.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Well, yeah, there are different tastes so it is pointless to quarrel about it. How about Homelands theme? (bottom of the page) If it is meh for you, then it is just not your cup of tea, I guess.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/legends-of-eisenwald/posts?page=6

also, about the previous song - Christian part is much more interesting in my opinion (second part of the song) than Pagan one (first 2 min).

EG

Nullified
The eyes . . . so dead.

Hope that lag isn't the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure some graphics elitist will disagree but I think the visuals are gorgeous. Nice work. Also this got added to Steam Greenlight recently -- go upvote!

Jed

Cipher
For some reason, the screen shot made me think of Darklands. If someone made a TB sandbox homage to DL, that would be pretty awesome.

The game looks great and will probably be good fun, but probably a shame the combat system isn't more detailed. This smaller scale, more "personalised" unit type of TB combat is my favourite kind for TB, and I'm still waiting for a game which really makes it as interesting and detailed as it could be.

Captain Shrek

The game looks great and will probably be good fun, but probably a shame the combat system isn't more detailed. This smaller scale, more "personalised" unit type of TB combat is my favourite kind for TB, and I'm still waiting for a game which really makes it as interesting and detailed as it could be.
LOE2?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I pledged, but not enought to get the beta. And I'm cool with that, sometimes playing early betas end up spoiling the game too much, I prefer to just dive into the finished game.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Damn, those guys will release a decent 3D worldmap before we do :(
The strategy layer reminds me of Warlords btw.

Captain Shrek

Damn, those guys will release a decent 3D worldmap before we do :(
The strategy layer reminds me of Warlords btw.
Hmm.

it reminded me of BaK/BiA with knights and soldiers and deeper weapon based tactics.

KickAss

Augur
I didn't understand from the preview - can you equip items just on the hero, or on the troops as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom